19

19- WHY NOT?

A few days passed after my episode. I'm such an idiot, how could I do all of that. I bitched out on my therapist, almost fought with his secretary, got drunk, kissed Ace- all in one day.

I finally got to go back home when my mom came back so she could replace the locks. She bombarded me with tons of questions on how this happened. So I told her everything I knew, she thought I was lying. Well you can't blame her, I was drunk out my mind when It happened.

But she was kind of happy to hear that I said that I've come to except that he's dead. And honestsly she shouldn't be so happy.

Then she said something so crazy." Why don't you invite your friends over for Sunday dinner. I'll be home."

Is she serious? "No way in hell." I snap.

Mom cocks an eye brow." Excuse me Hadley Grace O'Neil. Do not speak to me like that." She continues washing up the dishes." I'm serious. I want to meet the people that have in and out this house all the time." I could hear in her voice she wasn't going to let this go.

"Ugh Mom. Are you serious. I'm going to die of embarrassment." You could hear the whine in my voice.

She shrugs and looks at me over her shoulder innocently."Just invite them over I just want to talk."

"Mom."

"Hadley"

"Mom"

"Hadley"

I grind my teeth together suppressing my annoyance." You know what, whatever, fine. But that better be one hell of a dinner." I accidentally curse.

She cocks an eye brow again " You like that word huh. Well your going to like this spoon hitting your head." My eyes widen as the wet spoon comes barreling towards my head.

I move out the way." What. The. Hell." I blurt out again.

She didn't even say anything she just started throwing utensils at me. " Yeah you run you filthy teenager. I don't know where this confidence came from." She mumbles.

* * *

When Friday rolled around and I had to ask them come on sunday. Any one with eyes could tell that I was avoiding talking about my little breakdown a week ago.

I don't even want to talk anyone about it. But thinking back on it, I think it's a turning point. I refuse to be weak and fall back into the ways that make me me. Of course I'm not going to change myself completely just my ways of seeing things.

Ace told me to meet him outside so we can eat lunch. I agreed so that is where I'm heading. When I see Ace I quicken my pace." Hi Ace." I greet him.

He returns the gesture by sending me beaming smile." Hi Gracey!" He chirps. " Where's Pinely and Levi?"

I shrug and sit down next to him. Ace slings an arm over my shoulders making a swarm of butterflies attack my stomach. This is perfect, I can ask him now." So Ace, my mom came up with the craziest idea- Totally crazy but, Will you come over to my house to eat dinner. My mother really wants to meet you, and Pinely and Levi of course but I will love it if you came. I mean you don't have to, it's just she really wants you to. It's okay if you say no, I don't care it's just mom would be devastated." I ramble." I'll shut up now."

Ace bites his lips to stop himself from grinning." God your so fucking cute."

My face turns red immediately I can't believe I just embarrassed myself like that." So is that a yes?" I say avoiding the previous comment.