26

26- GLAD

Guys this chapter is a game changer. I'm sorry if some of you don't like it but it was bound to happen sometime.

                 I wouldn't have thought that I would be in this place in the beginning of the year

I wouldn't have thought that I would be in this place in the beginning of the year. With Levi's arm snaked around me as we slept, providing me confort. I hated him at first and when I think about it now I had no reason to.

I was being a brat. All he wanted to do is care for me and he showed me nothing but love and kindness. All I showed him was hate and ignorance.

Looking at him now laying next to me all I want to do is smile. He's gorgeous not just on the outside but the inside too. He stuck by me through everything that's blew up in my face. He held my hand through the whole thing.

I'm so grateful to him for that. I need to prove to him that he is what I want. I can't be scared, if I'm scared then nothing will go through.

Smiling I lift my hand to stroke his cheek softly and in the instant his eyes flutter open. Surprisingly I don't shy away, I keep my eyes trained to his face. "Good morning." His raspy voice greets me.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I ask.

He chuckles, "Yeah, you were the perfect pillow." He teases drawing my body closer to him.

I roll my eyes." I'm glad. Thanks Levi."

He scrunches up his eyesbrows." For what?"

I shake my head, "Never mind that. We should get up, you need to go home I have something to do today." I chirp, I need to prove to him...

"What would you need to do without me?" He asks suddenly serious.

My throat clogs alittle." I can't tell you." I pause." But you need to trust me. Everything will be great after I do this." I try to explain to him.

Levi's eyes darken a bit." I don't like this but okay. I'll restrain myself, but-" He leans in pulling my head closer to his softly. His eyes linger on my lips for a long second before he presses his lips on the corner of my mouth. It's enough to send sparks throughout my entire body. "- After that I won't hold back any longer."

I gulp and all I can do but nod.

I was deeper than I ever thought.

***

The aroma of coffee hits me in the face instantly as I enter the cafe. I walk over to an empty table and wait for Ace to arrive. I was nervous but I needed to do to this.

Soon enough Ace comes in through the door with his smile on display. His starts grinning even harder when he sees me. I stand up welcoming him into a hug." Gracey," He breaths." You okay?"

"I'm good now." I tell him.

I felt him relax." Thank god because I was worried." He says leaning his head into my neck.

Sighing I pull away from the hug and coax him to sit down." This is where we first met." I start.

Ace's eyes widen." Oh yeah, when you spilled my coffee all over me." He laughs at the memory.

"Yeah, I'm glad we met. You've proven a great friend." I gush." But I haven't." I look down at my hands.

His eyebrows furrow immediately." What? You've been a great friend." He tells me.

"I've been leading you on. I knew you liked me and I thought I liked you too. I need to be straight with you, I can't lie to myself any longer." I pause." Ace I think I'm in love with Levi."

Ace freezes for a second before looking down at his hands. "I know. I thought I could change that but you two are great for each other. I want you but I know you and me don't belong together like that. I think we belong friends. It's going to take a while to get over this... but it's okay." I smile, grateful that he understands.

"Ace thank you so much for understanding and not throwing a fit. I think that's why I like you so much. Your so wise, smart and rational." I grab his hand.

He grins at me." Hey your supposed to make me stop liking you, you goof." He laughs." I'm glad we're friends Gracey."

I smile back at him too." Me too."

***

When I finish hanging out with Ace I make my way over to Levi's. I've fixed everything, I'm no longer leading on Ace and I can finally give my everything to Levi.

I'm nervous to finally tell him but I'm also really excited. I think I love him but only time will tell. If it comes out as love then that's what is it. We have years together and we can figure what it in that time too.

As I near his house my heart starts to pound even Louder in the chest. I spot him standing on his porch looking to sky nonchalantly.

I grin at the faraway look in his eyes. I approach him I can't control the smile on my face." Levi." I breath.

"Hadley." He grins at me as he rushes over to give me hug." Now can you tell me what you did?"

I nod." I went to talk to the Ace."
I gulp.

His gaze hardens and he tenses." Why?"

"We needed to establish that were better off friends and he agrees." I blush looking down at the floor.

I could feel Levi's gaze on me." You did that ..."

I look up at him letting all of my emotions out. Tears were starting to build in my eyes." Levi I think I love you and that's really scary for me okay? I didn't want our relationship or whatever this is to start of rocky so I made sure Ace knows. I don't know what to do in a relationship or if I'll be any good but please don't give up in me. That's all I'll ever ask." I blurt out not meeting goes his gaze.

His hand finds my chin and lifts it up to look at him. He was smiling so much." I'll never give up on you. I don't care if your inexperienced because I love you and you being with me is all I'll ever need."

I sigh with relief." This going to do take time." I start.

"I have all the time in world."