24

24- TRUTH

I felt numb, so many people had been lying to me. My dad faked his death just to leave us for Pinleys family. My life couldn't be anymore dramatic, honestly it couldn't. Levi has been trying to get me to say something to him but I just feel so numb.

He's alive.

I should feel happy that my father is alive but he left me- he lied to me. To everyone, to mom, to anyone that cared about him but he's been living in the same damn down with me for years and I didn't even know it.

Unbelievable.

I could see his mouth moving and see him looked at me in panicked state but just stood there. It took a few seconds for it to come all rushing down on me. My eyes widen and they filled with tears. My fists balled up and all I wanted to punch something.

I let out a scream as I started to punch the nearest wall. I only got a few punches in before Levi grabbed me pulling me into his arms. I didn't say much all I really did was cry until my heart didn't hurt as much.

It ached though, I don't think it'll ever stop.

However I know what I have to do, I need to make a call.

***

Holding the phone in my hands I dial the number dreading what is at the end of it. It rings 3 times before my mother's voice speaks through the phone." Hadley? What's up?"

"Mom when are you coming home?" I ask softly.

I hear excitement in her voice as she says," Today actually, I wanted to spend some time with you so I took a few days off leave." When I don't say anything she pauses," Hadley what's wrong?"

I bite my lip harshly." I'll tell you at home. It's important."

Hanging up the phone I shove it into the pocket of my sweater. I was still at Levi's, he let my stay the night.

I can tell he's worried about me but I have a reason to me being so distant- I need time to myself. I need to think if I'm over reacting, I need to decide what to do next. I'm sorry that I'm worry everyone.

When Ace saw me last night crying on his doorstep with Levi, he didn't even ask what was wrong because he already that Levi had it under control. I appreciate that though because if he came I think I would have just gotten even more overwhelmed.

Since then I've been at Levi's the whole day. All I've been doing was diving into my thoughts, thinking about how fucked up this whole thing is.

Biting my lip I look up from my trembling heads over to Levi who had been staring at me from his bed." I'm sorry if I've been worrying you." I say.

His eyes soften." No don't apologize. You have nothing to apologize about, I can't even begin to understand what your going through." Levi purses his lips." Hadley the only way I can help you, is if you let me. I know alot about you, but it only means something if your the one to tell me."

Slowly I walk over to him and sit down next to him. I look up at Levi and give him my pinky." I'm choosing to trust you Levi, fully. No secrets, " I offer him my pinky.

He sends me a smile." No secrets." He says taking my pinky.

"When I was told my dad died, I thought thru were joking. I started laughing hysterically because I refused to believe it. Then highschool came around and it seemed like everyone hated me. I didn't understand why, so I linked it to my dad dying. It made me even more sad but I tried to look at the postives. Everything is meant to happen for a reason," I sigh looking at Levi. " I guess this is one of them, him being here and him leaving me and mom for Pinely's mother. He's a horrible person Levi."

Levi grabs my head abruptly." I did it." He blurts out.

"What?"

"You said no secrets. So I have to tell you this. I've been in love with you Hadley since I can even remember. I met you once as a little kid, we ate ice cream together. Elementary school of watched you grow and socialize. Middle school it got harder because people were starting to notice how beautiful you are. High school I couldn't have it. I was selfish, since I have a strong influence over the school when I told people not to even go near you they listened. I didn't realize how it ruined you. I'm so sorry Hadley for doing that. If I found take it back, I would in a heartbeat." He looks at me with widen eyes as he tugs on his hair." I understand if you hate me. I'm so sorry-"

I hush him." Hey, stop. I forgive you. Yes what you did was extremely selfish but you did care for me. Even if it was in a stalker stalkerish way." I tease sending him a grin." All that matters is that you told me the truth. Thank you." I smile giving him a hug.

--Wait in love with me?