20

20- HELL DINNER

" Hadley did you make the mash potatoes?" My mother shouts up the stairs.

Potatoes? "I thought you were making them?" I shout back at her from up in my room.

"I specifically told you to make them! Now great we don't have potatoes." She goes off into a tagent. I roll my eyes knowing she couldn't see me. Who needs starch anyways.

I was dreading this dinner. Not only I was scared that my mother would embarrass me but my own friends will. Levi would comment something about wanting to marry me, Pinley will make the whole thing very sexual and Ace will egg them on.

I got dressed in jeans and a white top along with a grey cardigan. I rubbed some chap stick on my lips before walking down the stairs." Is the food all ready?" I asked.

"Yep. I cooked my ass off doing this." Her mother wiped her forhead and smiled at the beautifully set table.

Moments later I hear the door. Repeated knocks sounded on the door loudly. I hopped up and opened it to come face to face with Pinley." I'm home!" She grins.

"Hey Pine." I smile at her." Where are the others?"

She shrugs talking off her shoes and pushes past me." How should I know?" I scrunch up my nose obviously not liking how she said that.

I watch as she walks into my house. Shortly after I hear a car pull up, my eyes snap to the sound of car door opening and closing. I small smile creeps it's way on my face as I watched Ace and Levi walk up to me.

"Hi guys." I smile. Ace is the first to embrace me in a hug, I respond by wrapping my arms around him. This has become a familiar gesture whenever I see him.

Levi stares at me for second before." No hug for me, Love." He jokes, shaking my head I embrace him in hug, for a second I felt my chest constrict. I let go and lead them in my house." It smells good in here."

I look at him side ways." Yup my mom insisted in making this dinner for you guys- Where did Pinely go?" I hear a crash in my room.

Shit.

I rush up stairs and see what the commotion was about. When I get in my room I see Pinely going through my stuff as if she owned the place. And my once tidy room was a mess." Pine! What are doing?"

Her purple eyes sends me an innocent grin." I wanted to get know you."

"By trashing me room. Ugh Mom is going to kill me! Pine come on." I sigh running my hands through my hair aggressively. Moments later the patter of feet going up the stairs made me groan even more frustrated.

Levi whisles out." Woah what happened?" He looked between the two of us.

"She trashed my room, what were you even doing?" I close my eyes aggravated.

Pinely gets up and shrugged as if she was proud of what she did." I told you, get to know you."

"Bullshit."

Pinely places a hand on her hip. Her eyebrows raise and something flashes through her eyes." Are you calling a liar? I don't know what the fuck has gotten into you lately but I don't like it. Fix it." She says.

"What? Letting people walk all over me?" I snap back her taking a step towards her.

Pinley rolls her eyes." Oh please, Hadley no one walks all over you, your fucking delusional."

Levi wraps his arms around my waist pulling me back." Hey guys this didn't need to escalate to anything else."

"Shut your fucking trap Levi. No one fucking asked you asshole." She spits." Let the fuck go of her. She doesn't want you touching her right now!" Pinely tries to pry his hand from me.

I flinch back walking back into levi. What the hell has gotten into her." What are doing? Your acting crazy!" Ace steps in.

Pinleys face was turning redder and redder by the second." No your crazy! Your crazy to see that Hadley has no feelings for you what so ever."

"You need to shut the fuck up right now." Ace clenches his jaw looking at me side ways.

She carries on being ignorant by saying." No you need to because the both of you need to mind your own business! I don't even get why you two are here. You always get in the way." She rolls her eyes at them.

I break awhile from Levi." Okay, Pinley you have five seconds to stop before I kick you out." I spit.

Silence echos through the room until my mother calls from downstairs." Guys dinner is ready. I made potatoes"

*

The tension in the room was so thick. You could slice it with a dull knife. Slice by slice. Bite by bite. Pinley kept her eyes on her plate and when ever my mother questioned her she answered with one word answers.

I would tell my mom didn't like her. I didn't like her at the moment either. Levi was chatting up a storm along with Ace they were having so much fun talking with my mom.

It made me happy to see they got along so well. It didn't say much but I did laugh so much. It would have been great if my father was here but not even dream comes true.

He is dead.

It seems like a relief to say that for once. Acceptance, I'm finally feeling that after four years I'm finally released from from a personal hell. " Love?" Levi breaks me out of my daze.

"Yeah,"

"Where'd you go?" He asks ruffling my hair.

I smile and shake my head so I could get his head off my head." No where just thinking. I'm happy." I grin at them.

"Really happy."