31

31- SHOPPING

My room lights up from the glow of my phone turning on abruptly

My room lights up from the glow of my phone turning on abruptly. I rush over to see a text from my father. He's waiting outside for me, I quickly shove my feet in my shoes and leave my room in a hurry.

My mom was in the kitchen making something. "Where are you off to?" I grimace not wanting her to know that I'm off with my dad. I don't want her to feel betrayed, I'll tell her eventually. I can't lie to her, that would make me a hypocrite.

"To the mall." I bite my lip.

She raises a thick eyebrow. "With?"

I breath out, "With Dad, he invited me to go to this event with him. I met him the other day and were trying to rekindle our relationship. I would have told you earlier but I didn't want you to feel betrayed-" I ramble out scared of what she would say.

My mom smiles at me. "I'm glad that your giving him a chance. Go on, he's probably waiting for you."

I step away but then I turn back around. "Mom do you want to come? I mean you haven't spoken to him in years." I bounce on my heels, I know it's not realistic for me to think that they would get back together but a girl can dream right?

She wipes her hands on a kitchen towel and sighs, "I don't think I should Hadley. Now go on, when the time is right maybe we'll have a reunion."

I send her a small smile. "Okay. Bye love you."

"I love you too." I turn on my heels and leave the room. Excitement was coursing through me. I was really excited to spend some time with him.

My eyes wonder over to his car. I walk up to it and knock on the window. He smiles and unlocks the door allowing me to get in.

"Hi sweetheart." He reaches over to give me a side hug.

I freeze for second not knowing if I should call him dad. " Hi dad." I decide and smile at him. "My boyfriend is meeting us at the mall."

His eyes narrow for second. "Oh god I thought avoided that," He jokes making me hit home lightly. "What is this young man's name?"

"His name is Levi." I blush avoiding eye contact with him.

"Levi, "He hums. "He was the boy who always stopped by when you were younger to  leave a gift each month." My eyes widen in realization.

My mouth opens." That was him? You told me you didn't know who was leaving them?" I say.

"He said not to mention it was him. He did that for years." I need to talk to him about that me must have spend so much money on me.