29

29- TALK

I fiddle with my promise ring as I wait for my dad to meet me. We decided to meet at my house. My mother isn't home too so I thought it was perfect. She's doesn't know I'm doing this, I don't want her to tell me no. I also need to start making my own decisions.

Levi had asked if I wanted him to come but I said no.  It has to be me and my dad.

I was nervous but I need to do this. I know I have to but I can't help but feel like something bad will happen. Like me getting so mad at him and punching him in the face.

I snap out my daze when I hear my phone ringing.  I rush over to over to it and answer. "Hello?"

"Hey Love." I smile and shake my head.

I chuckle." Levi, I told you not distract me today." I say.

He murmurs."I know, I just miss you. It's hard not be around you." My cheeks heat up, I was kind of glad he wasn't here to tease me about it.

"As much as I want you here I need to do this alone." I say to him.

He sighs, "I know, I know. As soon as your done I'll come to get to you. The guys are at Ace's house they are having a sleep over." He explains.

I smile, "Oh that will be fun!" I hear the door bell and immediately still in my tracks. "L-levi he's here." I say nervously.

"Stay calm I'm sure you'll be alright." He probably heard me hyperventilating so he said, "Hadley calm down. Take deep breaths." I close my eyes and take breaths. It takes me a few minutes but I finally manage to calm myself.

I sigh, "Thanks Levi."

"Your welcome. Remember if anything happens call me okay." He tells me.

I smile at how much he cares. "Okay."

He pauses for a second. "I love you Hadley."

My heart starts to beat fast in my chest. My throat starts to feel like someone shoved cotton balls down my throat. " I can't say it back over the phone." I say raspy. "I need to be able to see you and be able to kiss as soon as I finish the sentence, Levi."

He groans moving around in his room." God Hadley. I really want to kiss you now, so badly."

I bite my lip." Bye Levi." Slight amusement in my voice, I can't believe I affect him so much.

I hang up the phone and shove it in my back pocket. I take slow steps towards the door taking deep breaths with each step. I brace myself before opening the door.

There stood my father holding a pizza and Mountain Dew. He remembered, we always used to eat pizza and Mountain Dew together. I couldn't help but let a small smile creep on my face. "Hadley." He breaths out.

"Dad."

He looks at me expectantly. "Oh, come in."

He steps in and walks to kitchen almost immediately. He places the food on the island and looks around nostalgically. I stand behind him waiting for him to say something. "I've been a shit father." He starts. "But I need you to understand that I had to do it. I wasn't in a good place and I didn't want to burden you."

I scoff. "You died Dad, that was the burden."

He looks down at his hands. "I didn't come to fight, I want to try rekindle our relationship. Maybe not as a dad but as someone who cares for you. You grew into such a beautiful young lady and now I can actually help you. I'm not broke any more-"

"I don't care about money Dad."

He smiles. "And you shouldn't. But now I can support you. I can pay for your college."

I can't let him do that. "No, I don't need your money 5 years later." I cross my arms over chest.

He raises an eyebrow. "Okay. Should we eat now?" I nod and pull up a chair.

I open the box and pull out a slice of the cheesy pizza. We eat in silence for a little while. "I've left Pinely's house I figured that if I want to be a better person I can't be messing around someone else's wife. I want to be a good person, for you and for me." I glance at him from the side of my eye.

"Okay." I breath out, "I cut Pinely out my life too."

His eyes widen. "Why?"

I purse my lips. "She said some pretty nasty things to me the other day. She blamed me because your leaving and so is her dad." I mutter.

"Oh. She can be like that sometimes. She'll get over it, trust me." He tries to tell me.

I shake my head." I don't think so, I don't want any one that can turn that nasty in my life anymore." I purse my lips.

He nods, "Understandable." He pauses, "How's- how's your mother?"

I grin. "She's doing well, we used to not be close. When you died she kinda distanced herself away from me. She put me in therapy because I believed you were not dead and she was almost never home. But now we're getting along. She's been around more and she's met my new friends." I grin at him.

He frowns. "I'm sorry I put you through that stress but I'm glad your happier now. Hadley I meant it when I said wanted to be in your life now. I don't care if I have to start from scratch, I want to be a father to you. Please let me try."

A small smile slips on my face." Okay. I'd like that."

***

My dad left about an hour ago and I actually feel elated. I'm so glad I set this up because I can't wait to actually have a relationship with him now. My cheeks are starting hurt from all the smiling I'm doing .

I heard the door bell ring and I immediately skip to it. Levi was healer I haven't seen him all day. I pull the door open and open my mouth to speak. "Hi Levi-"

His lips crash into mine and his hands go to my face cupping my cheeks. My legs go to jello and I wrap my arms around his neck for support.

Levi walks me into the house pushing me against the hallway wall. Our breathing goes ragged as one of his hands trail to my hip pulling me closer to him. "Hadley... God your so fucking gorg-"

I hit him in his gut." No cursing your going to ruin it." I giggle.

"I missed you." I smile at him as he says this.

"I missed you too." I whispered softly rubbing circles on his arm. "I don't think I can say what you want me to say tonight, Levi. I need a little more time."

He chuckles. "Don't feel rushed, you have all the time in the world because I'll still be with you whether you say it or not." He says to me gently.

"How are you so sweet to me?"

He grins at me and places a kiss on my forehead. "Because I love you."