37

37- BUSINESS

                                  My dad called me over to his house to discuss the what had happened at the party

                                  My dad called me over to his house to discuss the what had happened at the party. I've been feeling kinda down because now I think my dad was only using me to pass his business down to me. I'm just wondering if that's all he wanted all along.

I hope not but I can't be naive. I need to know the truth and be upfront about it.

Levi came with me of course because he never lets me go anywhere by myself especially now that we've slept together. It's like his possessiveness is heightened, he won't let me out his sight and he practically lives at my house.

"Dad?"

I hear him walk through the hall to meet us. He had a wide grin on his face, suddenly he wraps his arms around me and hugs me. "I'm so sorry for how I left that night. You must have been confused."

I pull away from him. " Yeah I was hoping you could clarify. I was starting to think that you were using me so I could take over your business."

His eyes go wide, "No, no I would never do that. I care and love you Sweetheart but it is also a possibility that you could take over. Only if you want to though." He tells me I'm a rush.

I glance at Levi, "I do plan on going to college for interior design so I don't know how I can contribute to your business."

My dads eyes light up, "I have a brilliant idea, you could be the interior designer for all my locations once you get your degree."

A smile glides across my face. "Really? You would do that? This isn't a pity job is it?" I was still having doubts but I didn't believe him though. He seemed genuine however he would most likely want to hand me money to make up for all those years he disappeared for.

He shakes his head, "No absolutely not, I will only hire you if you have the talent and will be responsible. I can't hire slackers." He says earnestly.

I nod at him in understanding. Levi held my hand softly, knowing he was here with made this decision even better. "Okay, once I finish college and get my degree. Oh one request, can I come to work with you to see what you do?" I ask him.

He immediately lights up, "Yes! I would love for you to come, you can come too Levi." He looks at my boyfriend.

Levi chuckles and gives him a smirk. "She wasn't going without me anyways."

I gasp and hit him lightly. "Levi I'm 17 years old, I think I'm capable of going somewhere on my own." I scold him.

"I don't care." My dad chuckles at our interaction.

He then glances at me. "How's your mother?"

I smile, "She doing well, she's been at home a lot more. She works a lot, I guess it's just become a pass time." I tell him.

He nods, "Has she- err been dating around from what you know of?" He asks nervously making a smile. I could tell my dad still was concerned with my mom and honestly my mother doesn't even mention him to me.

"From what I know, she's not seeing anyone. Why?" I definitely knew why.

He gulps making his Adam's apple bob, "Oh no particular reason. I- I just wondering I you have a father figure in your life besides from me." He says nervously, obviously flustered.

I side eye Levi who had a knowing grin on his face. Levi speaks up, "Is it just me or does dad over here have a crush on her." Oh, Levi does that now. He considers my parents his parents.

I laugh, "Do you dad?"

His face flushed red and he clears his throat. "No absolutely not. You guys are so pestering. Let's sit down I have dinner on the table." He changes the topic quickly turning his body so he could lead us to the dinning room.

We sit down at the table and see the table set with some food. "Help yourself." My dad says starting to put food on his plate. I load my plate up and so does Levi.

That was pretty much our night, we talked for a few hours and watched a movie. As we were leaving the door bell rang. I hope up and get for him since he was doing dishes.

When I get there, I pull the door open and look at the person in front of me. It was lady older than me, probably in her late twenties. She smiles at me, "Hi you must be Hadley, I'm Cassie your fathers personal assistant. I'm here to give him these files from work." She hands m the files.

I look at her curiously, I hear steps coming from behind me and realize my dad stood behind me. " Oh Cassie you brought the files," The woman blushes softly when he smiles at her.

She looks to the ground. "Well I'd be going now, nice meeting you Hadley." She hurries down the driveway.

I then turn to my dad with a lopsided smile on my face. "She likes you!"

"Oh shut up Hadley." He shakes his head.