22

22- BETRAYAL

                 Everything died down, Pinely still wasn't back to normal but she still did hang out with us. School ended and I had promised to go over to Ace's house. Levi and Pinely came too. I didn't know how that would work considering what happened a few hours ago.

Ace also seemed kind of bummed when they invited themselves. I think he just wants to spend time with me. Just the thought of it makes my stomach flutter.

When we got to his house, I was amazed. The house was beautiful, I looked around in awe." Man, I haven't been here in a while." Levi whisles.

Ace perks up." Yeah, mom misses you. You should come over when she's home." He says to Levi.

"Your house is beautiful." I gush.

Ace leans over and ruffles my hair." Thanks Gracey. You guys hungry? I'm sure there's some snacks in the pantry." He offers.

He leads us into his kitchen looking in the cabinets for some snacks. He tosses some cookies and chips on the counter. Levi immediately grabs the cookies opening the pack." Want some?" He offers me.

I shake my head." No thanks."

I walk over to Pinley who was sitting on the couch quietly clicking on her phone. Wine I sit next to her she covers her phone and slides it under leg. I scrunch my nose up in confusion." You okay Pine?"

Pinely diverts her eyes."I'm fine."

"You can tell me if anything is wrong. You know that you can trust me." I say softly to her leading my hand on her shoulder.

I couldn't possible understand what she was going through the right now but she looks so distraught it breaks my heart. I couldn't help but think that I did this by friend zoning her.

I want my sassy, spit fire, resting bitch face friend back not a sad, pouty, depressed friend. 

"Is it me?" I whisper under my bretah.

Her contacted eyes narrow to slits." God Hadley not everything is about you. The entire would does not revolve around you." She snaps at me.

I raise my hands up in defense." Okay okay. I understand that but there's no need snap at me about it. I'm just concerned."

Pinely sighs." Sorry. I'm fine okay. Don't worry."

Ace and Levi come into the living room. Levi sits at the other side of me making Ace pout." Hey this is my house get up. I'm sitting here."

"Nope I'm sitting here." Levi's answer was short and firm. He was not budging.

Ace looked defeated, he looked at me before sitting on the single sofa. He played with the controlling skimming through some channels." What do you guys want to watch?" He asks.

"Frozen!" I shout happily. I've been meaning to watch that movie again.

Everyone else groans in the room." Ew. No Gracey we aren't Watching Frozen." He says to me.

"I agree no, Love"

I sigh." Then let's compromise. A Disney Movie." I suggest. They all look like they wanted to protest, even Pinely but I sent them puppy eyes and they gave in.

We watched Frozen.

***

I was dozing off when someone shook my shoulder. My eyes fluttered open slowly and Pinely's face came into view. I rub my eyes tiredly letting out a yawn." Hmm?"

Pinely whispers." I've got to go, my uncle is picking me up."

I nod." Okay. Drive safe." I mumble not fully awake.

Pinely pucks up her stuff from the floor gathering it in her bag. The boys were asleep also. Ace somehow ended up half on the sofa and half on the floor. My head was on Levi's shoulder and his hand hugged my waist.

Pinely put her bag on her back and walked out the living room. I've never met a family member of Pinely. I remember when I first met her in the library she told me that her parents were hippies and that her dad was a screw up.

Maybe it's disfunctional. Maybe something going on at home.

I think I should go meet them.

I get up and rush down the hallway trying to get to them before they leave.

My feet hit the cold flooring making me shiver. When I get to the front door I open it a little peeking out.

I freeze when I hear Pinely shout." Fuck you! You had just ruin everything! You fucking as-"

"Pinely calm down okay." Chills run down my spine when I hear that voice. It sounded so familiar, so close to home. I down Skype out because I'm frozen. My mind is screaming go but my body won't move.

Pinely yells at him." It was wasn't meant to be like this. You ruined my relationship with everyone! I have lie every  single  fucking day! I have to pretend your dead while she cries about it!" 

Its makes me push the door fully open desperate to see his face. My eyes widen when I lock eyes with him. The man I trusted with my life. The man I thought would never hurt me. The man I expected never to lie to me.

My father.