27

27- Coward

Today was the first day back to school after everything had happened. I'm kind of glad that we have school today because I need something to distract me even though Levi is doing a pretty good job at that already.

When I finish getting ready for school I rush down stairs to where Levi was. He was standing on my porch looking at his phone. I walk behind him silently wrapping my arms around his torso.

I feel him jump but then be places his hands on mine making me sigh." Hey Love." His smooth voice greets me.

"Hi Levi." I giggle.

He twists so he's facing me." Feeling handsy are you?" He jokes lightly .

I scrunch up my nose as I roll my eyes at him." No, come one let's go to school." I tug on his arms for him to let go of me but it doesn't budge.

"Nah I'd rather say here with you all day long." He grins down at me before leaning to place a kiss on my forhead.

I sigh, "As nice as that sounds I need to get an education."

Levi shrugs nonchalantly, "That's over rated."

I could get used to this, being around him in such an intimate way. But it's kind of confusing because I'm not sure what we are. Are we dating? Is he my boyfriend? Am I his girlfriend?

I was getting giddy just thinking about it. We begin to walk to his car and glance at him in the corner of my eye. Maybe I should ask him? Would that be weird? Will he be freaked out?

He catches me staring at him so he raises an eyebrow." You see something you like?" He says sarcastically.

"Yep."

***

When we get to school I go straight to my first period class. Levi wasn't in it but he walked me. He even decided to state his claim by putting an arm around me making it clear that this was an exclusive relationship. Or whatever this is.

I press my lips to his cheek before murmuring a " Bye" before heading into my class.

A few people looked at me before looking away. I assume it had to do with Levi, it always has to do with Levi. He had told me not to tell it bother me, I'll try but it'll be hard. I purse my lips into a line as I find my seat.

I took out my notebook and pencil and placed them down in the desk. I took my phone out my pocket and looked to see a text from Levi.

LeviLovesHadley- Have a great day beautiful.

The simplest things can make me smile and this is one of them. I was grinning like a fool into my lap as I read the text over again. I'll get used to this, surely I will.

The loud slam of my desk startles me and forces me to look up from my phone. With wide eyes I look at the person who did it. I come face to face with Pinely. She was looking at me like she wanted to kill me.

"You ruin everything! Everything!" She shouts on the top of her lungs.

I look at her with a shocked expression." Woah woah what happened Pine?"

She narrows her eyes at me looking even more furious by the second." No you do not get to call me that, you're fucking dead to me bitch!"

"Pinely," I say calmly. "Explain to me what I did."

She puffs her cheeks out as she stomps her foot. "My parents are getting a fucking divorce because of you. You're the damn plague Hadley!"

This makes me stand up, I didn't care who was watching us I had to stand up for myself. "How in the hell is that my fault? My dad and your mother were having an affair. A divorce was bound to happen. That's not fair to your dad. I'm still not getting how that's my fault."

She grabs my wrist harshly. "Your still not getting it are you! Since you and your dad met it seems like he's had a change of heart and doesn't want to sneak around any more. Some bull crap about wanting to be a better person. He told my dad what they were doing and it escalated to a divorce. And to top it off, your dads moving out. So I've lost not to one but two father figures. Thanks a lot."

I roll my eyes. I snatch my arm away from her. "Your arm must hurt from all that reaching." I say sarcastically. "That is not my fault, everything about that relationship was deceitful. It's not my fault that everything blew up not your favor. I'm sorry Pinely but the whole world doesn't revolve around you."

"Your a coward, you're selfish and you're a bitch!" She sneers.

I roll my eyes." Got any other names to call me? I have all day. "I say dryly. "I just realized that you're not the type of person I want to surround my self with because when the going gets tough you quit and blame someone else." I snap.

Pinely scoffs." Your one to talk."

I shrug," Yeah your the reason now I'm going to give me dad another chance. So thanks for that." I grin at her, she raised her hand to slap me but grab it immediately. "Don't you dare!" I pick up my pencil and I throw it out the door." Go fetch." I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow.

Pinely is cut out my life for good.

I'm through, I'm done.