17

17- DRUNK

Warning there's alot of cursing. I had too because things are about to go down.

I haven't said anything thing since we got back to his house. At this point I was feeling a whirl of emotions. Disappointed, angry, betrayed and others I don't even want to think of it.

When we got back I immediately went back to the room. I had to think, all these years I have been hung up on finding my dad. Being horrible to my mother telling her that he was alive but this caused her so much pain. I'm the worst person ever.

It is my fault for all our family problems and the reason why I make her pay so much for therapy.

She's deserves better, and I ahead to prove my myself to her. I get up from the bed and creep down the stairs. I don't want him to come with me, he would probably tell me to go back to bed.

I leave the house not looking back. He'd probably worry about me but I'm too selfish to care. No one wonder why everyone never talked to me before. They probably saw that I was a horrible person. I don't deserve all these friends, I'll just end up hurting them.

My head was starting to pound. I need something to take my mind off of everything. When I get off the the bus I got on to go into town I catch sight of a bar.

*

" I want to cancel any future appointment I have with Dr.Asshole." I slurr leading my elbows on desk watching her reaction.

I decided this would be the last time I went to see Dr.McCain. Now that I have given up on finding my father, there's no point of gracing them with my presence.

The alcohol streaming through my system is that only things pushing me to do this. Barely being able walk straight and the to keep my eyes open I stand at the desk keeping my eyes on her.

The space in between her eyebrow crease. She pops her tongue into the side of cheek before talking." Excuse me? You need parental consent."

Rolling my eyes I stumble forward picking up a pen from her desk." Screw parental consent. I barely even have parents." I sneer.

"I can't let you do that. You need to leave-" The secretary starts.

"Listen Maggie-"

She narrows her eyes at me." That's not my name-!"

Chuckling I drop the pen and walk past the desk." Cool, don't really care though. " Cutting her off once again.

My eyes float to Dr.McCain leaning against the wall of his desk. I quirk an eyebrow placing a smile on my face." Hadley are you intoxicated?"

"No Im drunk. Big deal you have a PHD, no need to use unnecessary words to sound smarter." I say sarcastically.

Dr.McCain takes a step forward slowly, he holds up his hand signalling me to stop." Hadley, you need to sit down and have some water while I call your mother."

I scoff." Mother? She's hardly ever home what the hell is she going to do." With each word I utter I want to take back but at the same time I dont.

He runs a hand through his hair." Hadley can you please  be cooperative-"

"I don't need to be here any more! I know, my dad is dead. He got shot in a bank and he died. He didn't get up and walk out of the hospital hunched over holding on to the last sting of life he had. He didn't want me to find him and he didn't for sure leave because he wanted to. There I said it, a happy now." My breathing was rigid, my eyes brimming with tears and my head on cloud 9.

I stumbled out of there after, Dr.McCain didn't know what to say. So I decided to leave, I didn't know where to go though. The best thing for me to do at the moment was to just walk until I can't anymore.

* * *

The gift will make sense next chapter.