25

25- CONFRONTATIONS

A/N in celebration to 100k views. Get the party poppers 🎉 we hit 100k. This is so surreal to me because this is my second story to hit 100k views but this story I love so much more and am extremely proud of it. I'm also so blessed to have such amazing readers who comment and vote and read my story as soon as I publish it. You guys are amazing. You even put up with the dumb sh*t my characters do. I'm so amazed at how wonderful the community here on Wattpad is and so grateful for that. Here's to 2018 and let's see what we can accomplish!❤️

                      In love with me? What? How?  All this time I've spent with him and I didn't see that he was in love with me? Am I that blind? It's not fair to him for me to carry on not responding to his feelings. Maybe not at this exact moment but soon I have to tell him. After I get my shit together with my family, I'll then tell him.

But knowing that he saw me that way made my stomach flip. A small smile crept on to my face subtly. I thought I had feelings for Ace but maybe that was just a cover up for my true feelings for Levi.

I liked Ace but Levi... he was something else. He made a fire ignite in my stomach whenever he was around, he made goosebumps rise on my skin, he made my head spin whenever he flashed one of his glorious smiles.

Ace, he made my heart warm at the good gestures he did. He made me smile whenever I was with him, he made me know that he would always be there for me.

So do I go with safe and grounded or adrenaline and unpredictable?

I look up from my hands as Levi walks back into his room to me. He flashes me a reassuring smile." You ready to go?"

I nod." Yeah." I hop off his bed and follow him down stairs. In the hallway I grab my shoes and slip them on.

I grab the door knob and pull it open. I jump slightly when I realize Pinley stood infront of the door with her arm raised. Her expression of panick makes me grit my teeth." I want you to get out."

Her eyes widen a fraction." I know I'll leave, I just need to explain myself and say something to you-"

"No not out of this house, out of my life. Seeing you is just going to be a reminder Pinely." Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, maybe I should hear her out. I look back at Levi was holding my hand tightly for moral support.

I sigh, "You have three minutes."

Her eyes light up. "I know you hate me for hiding such a big secret from you but please don't- Your dad, he wasn't okay when he first moved in with us but over time he got better. It was like seeing someone mourn a loss. I think leaving was the right thing for him to do, but shiting on your family in the process wasn't. I'm sorry Hadley I'm really sorry."

"At this point I've realized hating you isn't necessarily the right thing to do but you need to understand that in order to forgive you I have have to forgive him. And right now, I can't do that. I don't hate you Pinely, I just need some space to get myself together before I do any forgiving. Now go home and don't think about this. You don't need that stress." I smile weakly at her.

She sighs and nods. "Okay."

***

"Do want me to come in with you?" Levi asks me as we stand outside of my house. I don't know how I'm going to tell her that dad is alive. She's going to think im crazy again and send me back to therapy.

I bite my lip. "I would like it if you did but if you don't want to thats fine." My heart was pounding in my chest, I was so nervous.

Levi flashes me a grin. "I'll even hold your hand through the whole thing, only if you want me to that is?" He offers.

I let a sigh escape my lips softly before I grab his hand and encase my own in his warmth. He sends me a slight squeeze before bringing our hands to knock on the door, within seconds the door opens tracing my mother.

Worry was displayed on every motif of her face. "Hadley, I had a feeling somethings wrong. Do not tell me your pregnant, I thought the both of you were just friends." She breaths out.

My face flushed at her accusations. "We are but I still think you should sit down for this one" I say as I step into my house and take off my shoes.

My mom rolls her eyes, "Come one Hadley just spit it out already."

"Dads alive." Those two words lift so much weight off of my shoulders.

Her face pales almost immediately and physical pain seems to ace through it. "Hadley I thought we were past this." She starts.

I raise my free hand, "No mom I saw him. I had a full conversation with him and that shit was crazy it was like he came back from the dead. But we was there he was real. Tell her Levi."

He nods simply. "See mom- he left us for another woman he's having an affair with now."

She gulps, and my heart drops to my toes. "You knew didn't you... I had a feeling. Why?" I keep my voice calm.

"That's what he wanted, believe it or not just before this happened he wasn't in good place. He was depressed and he didn't love me any more. Our marriage was in shambles. He wanted to kill himself but he knew that wasn't the right thing to do. He hated himself so he got rid of the old him and started a new life. He changed his name and started a new life. He didn't want you to think he left us so he told me to tell you he died." She explains to me.

I squeeze Levi's hand. "That's so fucked up." Narrow my eyes at her. "You'd rather have me mourn my father not believing he died and then to top it all off you make me think I'm crazy by putting me into therapy. You stripped so many years of my life away from me wasting my life there. How fucking selfish is that?" My breathing was rigid all I was seeing was red. I wanted to hit her, punch her, fuck her up but I knew that wasn't the right thing to do.

My anger shouldn't be towards her. " I'm not mad at you, just a bit disappointed. I hate that you put my through that."

A small smile makes it way ok to her face. "I'm so sorry Hadley but I'm glad you thinking through this. Do you want a relationship with your father?" She asks curiously.

"I- I don't know. I don't even think he wants one. He's not the same man from when I knew him." I shrug. "Maybe that's a good thing, maybe now I can fully get over the concept of him."

My mom reaches over to me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "When did you grow up?"

I smile at her. "When I had to."