23

23- DAD

                 The words left my mouth in a whisper." Dad?" I couldn't believe the man who was presumed dead, the man that made everyone think I was crazy for believing that he was alive was standing right infront of me in the flesh.

His eyes widen when he sees me. His once brown hair was streaked with gray and he had grown in some facial hair when he used to shave it all the time.

There was so many things that changed about him. Back then he was carefree but now he looks so sophisticated. This man wasn't the man I used to know.

The man I knew left me, by choice.

"Hadley?" He asks.

My voice wobbles." Why?"

He shakes head." Hadley-"

"Why? Why did you leave me!" I shrill rising my voice louder that it all most made my own ears ring." Everyone thinks your dead! Mom thinks your dad. I knew you were alive but no one believed me! They thought I was crazy! Why would you do that!" I shout.

He takes a step towards me trying to set his head on my shoulder but I flinched away." You need to calm down."

" Its like you came back from the dead." I whisper but then my heart aches and the only emotion I was feeling was anger." Your so fucking selfish! You just leave you family so cruelly! At least ask for a divorce and never have to see me again! Anything would be better than this."

"I wasn't in the right place Hadley. You know this. I know you know. Back then I was written because I wrote down all my thoughts it helped but not enough. I needed to get away from everything. I needed to die and be reborn." He tries to explain to me.

I shake my head." Your sick" I spit." I thought my father was dead. While your hear prancing around with Pin- Pinely! You knew too! I trusted you! You told me not more secrets that day you confessed to me! You promised but then you go and stab me know the back again."

Pinely stood there stunned with her eyes wide open." I'm sorry-"

"Its a bit too late for that!" I snap." You said he was your uncle or did you lie about that too?"

My dad steps in." Hadley don't be mad at Pinely. She just wanted to meet you."

I furrow my eyebrows." What?"

"I found him having an affair with my mother. I told him if he didn't let me come to your school and meet you then I would tell my father. He's in love with my mom so he didn't want to hurt her so he agreed." Pinely explains.

So my dad is a liar and cheater." How did you know about me?"

Pinely sighs." I found a picture of you and connected the dots. He stays at our house he's not really related to us but I call him my uncle."

I shake my head in disbelief." So you knew all this time? When I met you in the library, you knew? You were only my friend because my dad sent you to spy on me? Unfuckingbelievable." I curse.

Pinely shakes her head quickly" No! It's just wanted to know who you were. Mostly because I hated him for ruining my family low key and wanted leverage over him. But when I met you, you were pure and kind to me. Hadley your a great person and I wanted to be friends with you." She explains.

Things still don't make sense." Did you even have feeling for me or was that apart of your plan too?" I snap.

Her eyes widen also telling to stop. Guilt tackles my gut making me feel terrible. My dad turns to Pinely. "Feelings?  For my daughter? Your a-"

"I don't know, okay ? When I met Hadley,  I knew deep down in my guts she was special but she's does like me like that. Just take me home." She wipes her eyes, I feel guilty but I'm still mad at the both of them.

He looks to me as I stand there battling the tears that were pooling in my eyes."Hadley we need to talk-"

"No go. Both of you belong together, be her dad not mine. You stopped being mine when you died." I tear my gaze away from them and run into the house.

Did I push my dad over the egde? He said he wasn't in good place, why didn't I see that? If I did he would still be my dad. It's my fault, it's all my fault.

When I rip the door open Levi stood there. I swallow letting my tears dropping down my face." I need a hug."

That's all he needed. 

Thanks to @pielover114 for finding out what color Levi eyes are. They are dark blue, lets hope i remember! Go follow her for finding this out and show her some love.