14

14- PHOTOS

The storm lasted until six o'clock at night. There was still a bit of rain and winds but they let us go if we had a ride. Ace and Pinely lived in the same area and almost immediately Levi offered to give me a ride.

It was kind of a fun day today though. The constant bickering between Pine and Levi was really humorous. But my mind floats back to the conversation Ace and I had.

"By the way it seems, Pinley seems to have a crush on Levi." He says.

"It looks like she hates him."

"There's a thin line between love and hate."

"Oh, even if Pinely confessed to him. I don't think he would return the feelings." I said to him.

"Yeah I agree, I could tell if he liked her or not."

"Yeah."

"Hey Gracey? What would you do if they started dating?"

"I don't know. Go on living life regularly." I reply

"... oh, I didn't know what I expected when I asked you that."

But now that I think of it. That thought leaves a sour taste in my mouth. An unsettling feelings digs deeper in my gut. I pout closing my eyes sitting deeper in the leather seats of Levi's car." Love, we're here." The car comes to a stop.

I unbuckled my seat belt and hop out the car." Thanks Levi for the ride!" I smile.

"See you." I close the door behind me and started to walk to my door. I take my key out my bag so I could open it but it was already open. Strange.

Levi didn't pull off yet, I quickly turn and run to his car. I say breathlessly," My house has been broken into. The locks are broken." I watch his eyes widen with bewilderment. Levi's hand goes to unlock the door so that he could come up to me.

I could feel the rage and protectiveness vibrating off of him. His hand wrapped around my own tucking me behind his back." Stay close whoever did this might be inside. We'll take a look before going to my place. You can't stay here while the locks are broken" I nod timidly nit knowing what to do.

I've never been in a situation like this before. But aren't you supposed to call the police in a time like this?" Um, levi?"

"Yeah, just keep your voice down. We need to be quiet it might be dangerous." He whispers to me.

I look at him with wide eyes, that's exactly my point." Isn't that why we should be calling the police?" I ask trying to hold a firm voice but just can't seem to concentrate with hand latched to mine.

Sparks.

I don't think he was paying attention, his head was stuck in the door. He was mumbling under his breath, I couldn't quite hear him." Let's check if anything is missing. Alright? Or do you want to stay in the car?"

I huff, he's not listening to me." No!" I accidentally yell. I turn my voice down to a slight whisper." I mean it's my house, I don't want you to get involved." I try to step in without him but he grabs my waist securing me to his.

"Love you and me both know I would never let you go in by your self." I don't know what I was expecting to hear.

I nod and look up at him through my eyelashes with my back pressed flush against his." Okay let's go in together." I say.

Levi smiles letting my go but he keeps a firm grip on my hand. We walk in and I immediately get chills." Why would they break in to mine." I mumble looking to see if anything was stolen.

The TV is still here, so is the jar with all the spare money. Nothing seems to be stolen. Levi follows after me as I make my way up stairs. Wait-" There were pictures on this wall." I exclaim.

"What do you mean."

I breath out and turn to face him." I mean, that there were photos and now there aren't." Not rocket science. I push past him and run into my room looking on my walls. All the pictures of me where gone.

So strange.

My photo album of all my pictures were gone. In realization my eyes widen." It couldn't  be.."

Who would steal my pictures and only pictures. A real robber would steal something of value, not something I had when I was kid." So do you think it was a burglar, or a stalker?" Levi asks angrily

"A stalker would take pictures themselves. But It could be." I pick up an empty frame because I see black writing in back. "What is this?"

Levi sits besides me looking at picture." Hey let me see that?" I hand it to him so he could see.

"Dylan Hughes." He reads." Do you recognise that name?"

Do I? I don't think so." I don't know. Look his name up." I tell him to. He quickly takes out his phone and types in the name. Immediately results pop up, apparently he was an author.

"He's an author." Levi states.

My dad he liked to write books, maybe this has something to do with him. What if he wants me to find him. I don't know if I could tell Levi, he might think im crazy just like my mother.

I frown looking at my hands." Hey, Levi. If I tell you something you have to promise you won't think I'm crazy."

His dark blue eyes stare at me intensely, I could tell he wants to know." I promise."

"I think my dad is alive. And I know, I must sound insane but my dad loved to write. And you see this author has no pictures of himself. I think this guy might be my dad. I think he wants me to find him."

He shakes his head doubtfully." Love, " He starts.

But I interrupt him. "No please Levi. Help me find him. If this guy turns out not to be him. I'll give up on my crazy ideas. I'll admit he's d-dead." I gulp at him.

It takes a second before he speaks uo. He takes my hand in his and turns to me." Okay, I'll help. But we need to get out of here. Your sleeping at mine until your locks are fixed."

That makes a smile seep on my face." Thank you! But I need to call my mom incase you decides to come home."

I'm going to prove them, I'm going to prove I was right.

***

This was a horrible update sorry. I'll update it so it could be better with more dialogue and description. I just wanted to get this so this book can stay in the rankings.

Thank you so much for voting and commenting it's makes me so happy.