PART 29.

Waking Thursday morning, the first thing I noticed was the ring on my finger and how it glistened in the darkness of the hotel room. It may have been 9am but with the curtains closed, it could still have been night. Turning to face Seb, he had a smile on his face and appeared to be dreaming. I wish I could read his thoughts though. After Carlos's parting words to me, I was still nervous.

Reaching over and touching my fingers to his cheek, Seb woke and leaning over me, propped on one elbow, he whispered "good morning fiancé".

"Good morning to you too fiancé", I replied, beginning to smile like a Cheshire cat and blushing until I turned my face away, only to have a finger bring me back to face him and a gently kiss place upon my lips.

"You like the ring then?", Seb laughed, as I kept turning it in the light.

"It's perfect", I replied. "I still can't believe that you chose me. That you wanted me".

"Why wouldn't I want you?", Seb replied "and you gave me the next best news last night. I can't believe I'm going to be a father", he whispered whilst rubbing my stomach and leaning forward, started speaking to his unborn child. "Hello baby. I'm your papa".

Laughing, I replied. "I don't think your going to feel it kicking quite yet. Would you want a girl or a boy?".

Seb pretended to think for a while before he laughed and replied. "I don't really care as long as it's healthy, happy and has a gorgeous mother like you".

"So baby Izambard will be a bilingual, gorgeous baby then", I spoke, taking Seb's hand in mine.

"I like you calling our baby, Izambard. I'm going to have a little me running around", Seb answered, still beaming like a Cheshire cat.

"Well, your going to have a Mrs Izambard soon enough and I wouldn't have it any other way", I replied. "Now, are we going to get our backsides out of this bed because baby Izambard is telling me that breakfast is one of three very important meals of the day".

"Yes ma'am", Seb spoke. "I can't wait for the mood swings" and then got a face full of pillow as I decided to start an impromptu pillow fight.

"Well, the morning sickness has been amazing", I replied. "The mood swings should be the icing on the cake".

Making our way down for breakfast, we soon noted the three amigos sat hustled around a table, chatting amongst themselves.

"Pregnant engaged woman coming through", Seb shouted and then took a large step to the side, in fear that he was going to get smacked.

"I'd run if I were you, David laughed. "And before I forget, congratulations again to the engaged couple", he spoke as he stood from the table and encased us both in a bear hug.

"Here, here", came a resounding answer from Urs, sitting across the table as he lifted his glass of orange juice in celebration. "We really need to get ourselves in gear though and get to Zurich as Aianwen is meeting us there tonight and then it's your girlie shopping day tomorrow, so I've been told".

"Oh yes", I replied, "so none of you guys are invited as we may just be gossiping about you all".

Carlos sat at the table and it was obvious that he was trying to feign a smile but it wasn't working and he eventually concentrated on his coffee as we all sat down to eat before boarding the bus for the journey.

Three hours after leaving, we were pulling up at the hotel I had booked until Sunday morning. The B2 boutique and spa. I was in awe from the moment we pulled up. The rooms were classic but modern but what excited me the most, was the restaurant. Not because of feeling hungry, but because it was set as a huge library with books on every wall up to the ceiling. I could have stayed there forever and paid rent.

Pour que tu m'aimes encore...On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara