PART 42.

Wednesday morning and only one thing was on Amy's mind...

Relaxing by the pool. She was adamant that nothing was going to move her from the sun-lounger. A virgin cocktail in hand, Amy decided that this was the life. She finally felt so at ease, so calm with the world.

The guys had decided to go and do some sightseeing. Amy had been tempted but the pull of the sun had been too great.

Reaching for her mobile phone, Amy decided to call Lucy and it wasn't long before the call was answered.

"OMG!, I can't believe you answered that so quickly", Amy laughed. "I was half expecting to have to call three times, leave a voicemail and a few text messages before you called me back".

Amy could hear Lucy laughing before she answered. "Don't go telling everyone or it will ruin my reputation. I'll answer for you girl or then again, that sexy Spaniard can call me anytime".

"You and your hormones", Amy answered, taking a sip of her cocktail.

"Coming from the pregnant and hormonal bridezilla", Lucy replied. "Look Amy. I'm sick and tired of being the one that can't find a decent relationship for toffee. I want to be happy like you and I really want to find a stable, decent guy who will love me for just that. Me!!!".

"I'm so glad to hear you say that", Amy spoke. "But less of the pregnant, bridezilla reference please. If that were anyone else, I'd be calling them a bitch".

"What. A babe in total control of herself?. I'd say thank you. So, when are you going to pass my mobile number on to Carlos, so that I can start texting him?".

Amy laughed. "Well, if you put it that way and say please, I may pass your number to him today when he gets back. The guys have all gone sightseeing".

"I knew that you were my best friend for a reason", Lucy joked. "So, your swanning about in France now. I can't believe that your getting to see all these countries and I'm stuck back in boring and wet blighty. I should have got you to hire me as part of the tour. I could have been the assistant to the personal assistant or something. I could have taken a sabbatical and everything".

"Now you tell me", Amy answered. "You could be laid by the pool with me right now and going to the spa".

"That is so not fair. I'm laid on my sofa with my quilt, a tub of ice cream and a box set of shadowhunters".

"How can you watch that?", Amy asked.#

"Don't knock it. The leading male actor was in a Taylor Swift video".

"Only you. That settles it. I'm texting you Carlos' mobile number now and you can message him. Let me know how it goes. Also, we have dress fittings on Friday afternoon before our night out. I can't wait for you to meet Sarah and Arianwen".

"I can't wait to meet them either. We can all have some fun before you get thrown headfirst into married life. You'll be all busy then picking out curtains and china patterns to go out with little old me".

"Little, yes... Old, never and I will never be too busy to make time for my best friend. You can be sure of that", Lucy answered, making kissy noises down the phone.

"So, how many of us will be going out on this hen do of yours?".

Amy paused for a moment before answering. "You, me, Sarah and Arianwen and I think I've managed to get a few girls from the orchestra to come out with us. Oh yes, I nearly forgot. Seb's mum is coming too".

"What about your mum?", Lucy enquired but somewhat worried that she may have opened a can of worms.

There was another pause before Amy answered. "Ok. She's not coming. I called her and she said that she couldn't make it at such short notice and that she's already got plans".