A agreement between enemies and a bridal breakdown

I don't think it is possible to have a wedding without it being stressful. - Debra Messing

Shawn POV:

How could she dare to say such words?? And who gave her the right to talk to me like this? However, I also knew that she was right, my family was broken and everyone was aware that her family was perfect. She was also the favourite of all teachers. I hated that she had a life where everything turned out good for her, and mine was torn apart. She had everything I did not have. I started to speak but Jasmeet interrupted me: „ I am sorry! This was totally wrong and uncalled for. I apologize for this comment and I did not mean to hurt you. It is just that today we have a meeting with the main tailor. This was planned for months now. This is an important day for me and my family. I hope you can understand this!" I starred at her with widened eyes. She apologized to me. I nodded and answered: „ Jasmeet, look we have to try to be civil in order to be able to complete this assignment. Afterwards we can go at each others throat again!" Jasmeet was totally taken aback by my answer and nodded agreeing. „ Okay, Bradley, lets make this project work. Here is my number in case I do not see you tomorrow!" I took the piece of paper and put it into my pocket of my jeans. I nodded at her one last time and left to meet Nathalie. She already waited by my BMW. She was beautiful and I could see myself falling for her. At this ridiculous thought I scoffed and hugged her. I did not do love. Love was something for fools and I was definitely not one of those. Love made people weak and brought out the worse traits. Love was definitely not something for me. I just wanted to have a good time. In my entire life I have never been in love. I did not know what was about to come and what was about to change my life forever and leave my whole world shattered.

Jasmeet POV:

After the incidence with Shawn, I drove to Southall. It took me an hour to get through the crazy London traffic. I dreaded the moment when I would be greeted by my mother. I knew that she despised people who arrived late and I knew that I was in for some scolding from an typical indian mother who never hesitated to use her chappal (shoes) to show her anger and disappointment. I chuckled to myself as I remembered the times when I used to neglect school as I wanted to escape the constant bullying and harrassment. When my mother found out about this, she greeted me with a chappal in her hand and began to hit me with it. „ Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, you better not ditch school anymore. My father and I have high hopes in you. You have to get enrolled in Oxford University! So stop playing around and concentrate on your studies!" With each word she hit me with the piece of clothes. I knew that she loved me and was just worried about her. But mark my words: Beware the wrath of indian mothers. 

As soon as I parked my SUV in front of the shop, my mom ran towards me in her typical business attire. I could see from far away that her face was full of anger and irritation. Despite being an indian mother she had style and dressed up in western attire. My dad followed her slowly, not wanting to hear her angry words.
„ Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, where have you been?" exclaimed my mother angrily with crossed arms.  I looked at my watch and saw that I was half an hour late. She continued: „ Your sister is going crazy. Only you can calm her down! The dress turned out totally wrong. The tailor made a huge mistake and it is really bad" I agreed with a nod and entered the bride's shop. I could easily spot the long curly dark brown hair of my sister Samarpreet. She was truly beautiul. She was extremely skinny and toned. She trained and exercised at our local fitness store. She was older than me; she just had started her final year of the bachelor in business administration at Cambridge University.
„ Jassy where the hell have you been!" she said angrily. I flinched at her irritated and bossy tone. She was such a emotional bride and it was very common for her to breakdown and to create a scene. „ Samara, calm down. I am here now. What is wrong?" I tried to soothe her. My words managed to calm her down  bit but I could see that she was still mad and angry. „ The lehnga is totally wrong. Everything is wrong. Why am I even marrying? I should have said no to this idiot. I never wanted a big wedding!" she sighed.

This was something I heard nearly every day. The guy she was about to marry was a rich guy and the son of my Dad's colleague. He was like us an Indian Sikh. But he was in his ways and character totally different. He loved to show off his wealth which we never did. We were humble and wanted to hide our status.
Nevertheless I knew that he loved my sister dearly. When he proposed to her, it was the most romantic proposal I could think. He took her to a local restaurant in India when they went to see the most sacred temple of the sikhs in northern india. It was customary to seek the blessing of this holy place before marriage.

What my sister did not know was that he had talked to the owner of the place beforehand and created the most romantic atmosphere possible. Pedals of roses were on the floor, and in the corner there was a table with a white and red candles. As soon as he went down in front of her knees, she began crying and immediately said yes before he even proposed to her. Karan had laughed and grasped a black box out of the pocket of his jeans. He then began saying the most romantic things which he finished by saying: Will you marry me? She just hugged him with tears in her eyes and nodded happily. He was the love of her life and I knew that this was just the typical breakdown of a bride before the wedding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the latest chapter of the story unexpected love. i hope you guys like it and enjoy it very much. I will update the latest at the end of the week as I have some exams coming up.

the picture above shows the boutique for the wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses :) .