The problematic situation of being judged by your sister

here guys, is the latest chapter of my story "Unexpected love". I know that there are many filler chapters, but I think that you should get to know the different characters in order to understand their actions with the progression of the story. I hope you guys enjoy it and comment, vote for it. The picture shows the house, Gracie and Shawn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siblings  are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring--quite often the hard way.- Pamela Dugdale

Shawn POV:

After having my fun with Nathalie, I drove to my house in an expensive part of London. I lived with my younger sister Gracie. Nathalie was for now providing me with an amusing time, but I knew that eventually she would bore me. She was beautiful but very shallow; she had no character and I was not challenged by her. I parked my Mercedes in the driveway and made my way to the door.

Upon entering I saw the empty hangers where usually the jackets of my parents hang, I became furious. I hated that my parents cared more for their business than for my sister and myself. My elder brother moved out of the house two years back and since then the house became even more silent. Most of the time they were on business trip to expand their company. As if it was not big enough already and we were not rich already.

I shouted: I am home. I heard a muffled response from the kitchen, which I entered after having crossed the long corridor. "Who needs a long corridor?" I thought to myself. What I saw made me chuckle: "Oh, Gracie. What did you do now?"

My sister had attempted to bake and cook at the same time. Everywhere were dishes and baking utensils. She looked up scoldingly and muttered furiously: "Well, I have to take care of myself, since you rather hang out with your latest whore! I know where you were. With Nathalie or Jasmine? So don't dare to start with your sentence!"
She hated that I was like that; I had every week a new girl by my side. Nearly everyday we would get into a fight because of my ways of living. I was the casual type; I did not do relationships. In her eyes, this was a cruel thing to do; she believed in love and tried to convince me that it did indeed existed. However, I did not listened to her.

Moreover, she always complained that I did not give her enough time and cared for the girls more than her. Moreover, she despised that I played with people and did not care about their emotions. Additionally she assumed that the girls were more important than she was. I knew that this was not true. I was not like that, I adored my little sister and I did not want anything bad to happen to her. Gracie was the world for me, as my parents did not have any special place in my heart.

They were never loving and caring parents; all they cared about was, to make much profit and to gain a high revenue.  It is clear that their non-existing care had turned me into a person who did not want to be involved with love as I thought that it brought only pain and not happiness. Despite Gracies best effort; she could not make me get emotionally involved with the girls with whom I hung out.

"Gracie, you know I love you right?", I told my sister. She just raised an eyebrow at me and retorted: "You have a funny of way showing this "love" for me. If you were true to your words, you will come tomorrow after class!" I gulped, I had to meet Miss Kaur for the project, I was positive that if I ditched her and did not show up, she would complain to Mrs. Mendes about me and this would result in me getting into trouble.

So I tried to explain:  "Gracie, I have a new assignment in my history class and I have to work with my colleague after school. I will not be able to come home on time!" Gracie who thought that I was lying scoffed: "Yeah sure, who would that anonymous partner be?"

I just said: "Jasmeet Kaur!" When I answered this, Gracies eyes nearly popped out of shock. She knew that she rejected me and that from that moment on we were enemies. I hid the part of me bullying Jasmeet, as I did not want my sister to think badly about me. I hated to keep secrets from her but I knew how furious she would be if she were ever to find out.

"Oh really, but you hate each other guts!", she exclaimed furiously, and added: " This is truly a disaster! How can Mrs. Mendes do this? She is crazy? She is a complete fool to pair the two of you!"
I replied her nonchalantly: "Well, our teacher apparently thinks that my only chance of getting into a top University is by working with Jasmeet. After all you know that she is the "brightest student in school" as quoted by Mrs. Mendes!"

My sister looked at me deep in thought and then told me: "Well if she is truly your partner, you should come here to work on your project. If not, I know you are lying to me. Althought that would be a bad thing to do. You know I hate liars!" I could not believe my ears, my own sister doubted me. Also the thought of bringing the hated girl to my home, made me cringe in anger.

---------------------------------------------------

so what do you think of Gracie? Do you like her or not? and what will Shawn do to make his sister trust him again? Or do you think he will just accept this?

please comment, vote and share this story if you like it :)