The start of the play and the reunition of best friends

my lovely readers, here is the next update and the next chapter. wow, 30 chapters already. This is overwhelming, that I get such a positive response from you guys. Without you this would have never been possible. the picture shows the audition hall in which they are now and Jasmeet. I am very excited to know what you think about this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmeet's POV:

"Jasmeet, I am sorry. I hate when we fight! We are best friends! We are not supposed to have fights! I am not so petty and I will apologize to Enzo for jumping at his throat. This was wrong, I realize now! Moreover, as I saw before you are capable of standing up for yourself." Aryan told me in a sincere tone after my talk with Mrs. Stevenson. Enzo and I walked together out of the classroom and proceeded to stroll to the next one. However, I saw Aryan and decided immediately that it was necessary for me to talk with him in order to put behind our fight. We were truly best friends as he and I made up so fast nearly every single time we fought. This was a result of our inability to stay away from each other. We were like literally attached to the hip and since the first moment we met, we always remained close to each other.

Moreover, the way that he realized his mistakes impressed me. I also thought longer about this and noticed that I also did some things wrong. I had been very judgmental towards Aryan; a thing that I did not do often. Being accepting and a good friend was one of my quality he treasured and valued. I knew that his pettiness was something that I did not like; however threatening him not to talk with him, seemed now a foolish thing to do, as I did not want to loose my best friend over a small issue like this.

I agreed: "Aryan, I am sorry too. I know that I was pushy and that this was wrong! You are my brother and I hate to quarrel with you! I am sincerely sorry!" The boy in front of me nodded and did not reply me. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me we hugged each other tightly, I was somehow again happy. It was only day but still I had such a deep bond with Aryan, that I missed him also when we could not talk like usual before going to bed. With my best friend on my side, nothing could go wrong and I felt capable of doing anything, even peforming with Enzo! Enzo, he stood very close to me and I still smelt a slight hint of his scent. It was coffee and mint like the way when I fell into his arms. Something seriously messed with my head; I was never going to become weak, just because a boy saved me from the evil Queen Bee of this school. I was normally immune to the charms of boys; although no one really bothered to help me or be nice to me. I was practically a person non existing for the male population. In Sikh temple, also called Gurdwara, I got sometimes stares from boys; however, I ignored those as most of them were ill mannered and did not respect girls.

"What did Mrs. Stevenson want with Enzo and you?" reminded me Aryan. I groaned: "Aryan, she wants us to play the lead characters in this year theatre production! I can't believe this. I will not play with Enzo a theatre. I can't even peform properly. What is the name of the play by the way?" Aryan watched me and started to laugh: "Jassy, you are really too funny. Rambling away. You are too cute!" I stared at him clearly annoyed that he found this funny instead of helping me. I crossed my arms and just walked to my class without replying him. Suddenly he pulled me in a hug from behind and whispered: "Jassy, I know. However, I think that this will be fine. Do not worry. You have a talent for theatre. I am sure you will do great!" I continued to pout to show that I did not approve of his words; and he cooed caressing my cheeks: "Aww, do not fret with me! Remember my words; it will be fine! This play will be good!" This made me laugh; he was never one to coo so I replied him: "How will it be fine? We are not even compatible and we have no chemistry!" Aryan looked at me carefully estimating what he could say now in order not be make madder and upsetter than I already was. "Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, "he started to speak, and I rolled my eyes when he used my full name, he continued then:
  "You have chemistry. I am sure. Just watch and see! You are too stubborn to accept this! I know that after some time you will come back running to me and telling me that I was so right about this!"
I pushed him in the shoulder playfully and moved my head in disagreement. This reaction only earned a chuckle from him. We walked to our class and faster than expected the day was over and I had to go to the audition hall. I tried to stall and talked to Aryan about random things, attempting to lure him home and to be able to escape the prospect of having to participate in the school's play. However, he saw right through me and pulled me in direction of the auditorium. Suddenly I realized, I did not know the name of the play in which I had to play the lead role in. "Aryan, which play is this year's production?" I asked my best friend nervously. I sensed that I would not like his answer at all. After one glance in my direction, he said carefully: "Do not be mad. It is Romeo and Juliet!" Romeo and Juliet??? A loud scream escaped my lips before I could hold it back. I whisper-yelled at him: "You are kidding with me? It cannot be this play. Why, I have to kiss Enzo. I do not want this!" I never kissed someone before; so the prospect of having to sacrifice this special moment really made me angry and sad as well. I added then: "In my fantasy, I pictured myself getting this physical kind of affection from the boy I would marry. My life ends now!" It was evident that I was clearly over-dramatic; however, I did not care about this. It bothered me that we had to perform one of the most romantic plays ever written. I was not a fan of this piece as it was so sad and I did not like it when stories ended without a happy-ending. Life was already sad enough so therefore I preferred stories who ended happily.  "Jassy, breathe and relax. All is going to be fine!" Aryan said clearly trying to calm me down, he was well aware that I wanted to treasure this experience. I shook my head and strolled into the hall, already hating this theatre piece. Aryan stayed behind and turning around, I signalled him that I would call him after this horrible day would end. He nodded and left the entrance to go home.

To my surprise and amusement, Enzo also did not seem too thrilled at the prospect of sharing with me the spotlight as he sat on one of the seats his head hanging low. I walked over to him and took a seat next to him quietly. At first, he did not notice my presence, as he was apparently deep in his thoughts, being oblivious to the outside world. Out of the sudden, he looked up and our eyes met. You know this moment, when you see an attractive stranger and your glances lock, it seems like that the whole world just stopped, and you just can see the two of you: This was exactly what happened to us preventing us from saying a thing. We just stared at each other not quite grasping what was happening between us. It was like magic coming to life. I never experienced something like this before. It was a moment, which resembled a scene taken out of a fairy-tale. We did not say anything, an attempt not to destroy the precious moment.

"Oh Romeo and Juliet, are you already practicising the scene at the ball? This way is really perfect, it gives me the impression that I made the right choice with the two of you!" startled us the voice of Mrs. Stevenson unexpectedly. The other members of the theatre production did not arrive yet and so therefore, we were alone with the teacher. She smiled at us appreciating the moment that happened before, obvious noticing that there were sparks flying to her happiness. I just replied her denying this vehemently: "Mrs. Stevenson, we will see about that!" Enzo approved of my response by bobbing his head. She just observed her through her glasses carefully and responded: "You will see, the play will turn out great with the two of you! You will thank me later on for choosing the two of you!" She then proceeded to give us the screenplay for the theatre piece; the two of us accept this hesitantly. Instantly I opened the first pages and read the synopsis of this adaption of this famous drama. It was more traditional and I could see myself in one of these clothes used in one of Jane Austen's film adaptions.

Then most of the other members strolled in the big hall and Mrs. Stevenson motioned us to assemble around her. As soon as everyone stood in a circle, I felt excitement creeping up, I admitted that this was in a way very pleasant. It was a dream of me to play in a theatre piece, although I did not picture this thing actually happening. She rubbed her hands together and started to speak: "Hello, I have good news. We have the new Juliet and Romeo. They agreed to participate in this play. Therefore, we can start to practice the play. However, I want the two of you!" she pointed at Enzo and me, and continued her speech: "Take a close look at the ball scene for 10 minutes or so, and then I want you to practice this scene! You do not need to memorize anything yet, just develop a feeling for the language Shakespeare uses!" This made us both groan and the teacher just ushered us in a corner to practice the scene.

After having taken a seat, I opened up the script and started to read my lines. The text I should say began at the line when Romeo addressed me for the first time and I replied him:
Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.
It was complicated to use this old language; however, it also intrigued me and fascinated me as well. Enzo also seemed to be lost in this world as he read everything with concentration. Then for the first time consciously I noticed that his dark brown hair was tousled and his beautiful face on which a small smile lay. The way his T-shirt hugged perfectly his torso, showed that he obviously liked to workout. This made him look even more attractive. I slapped my head and suddenly Enzo fixated me with his dark brown eyes. "Like what you see?" He smirked, clearly noticing that I just checked him out. I just rolled my eyes at his cockiness and replied him: "You wish!" We both chuckled and out the sudden, I remembered that this was Enzo Morales and I could never be friends or anything more with him. I excused myself to go to the washroom and splashed some cold water on my face. I reminded myself: "Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, you need to get a serious grip! This cannot happen!" My reflection nodded agreeing and I went back into the audition hall where Mrs. Stevenson was already waiting for me to start the practice. I climbed up the stairs to the stairs and the scene of the ball began when Enzo started to speak softly the lines of Romeo.

----------

So now the play has started. What do you think ? There was a clear moment between Enzo and Jasmeet, or what do you think. Please let me know in the comments Section below.

Love

Sarah He.