The start of the horrendous project

hey my dear followers, this chapter is kind of a filler chapter but in the end something new will happen. I hope you guys do not mind this and continue reading my story. I just thought that I want to give you an insight in Enzos and Shawn's friendship. Please let me know if something is not good and I could improve myself. I am really dependent on your feedback guys.

-------------------------------

Enzo POV:

After Shawn shouted at me and I bursted out with him needing to change and not; he gave me the silent treatment. The last days I thought more about his ways and his attitude towards others and after having talked to my brother about this issue; I decided that I had to stop his ways. I just hoped that this would not be so soon. As soon as he screamed at me, I knew that today was the best way to tell him that his actions were wrong. It was clear that he did not think that I would criticize him so openly. I also did not bother to start a conversation with him, as I knew he had to digest all of the said words and maybe he would realize his mistakes and faults. Beneath this rough layer, I was positive and convinced, was the sweet and caring best friend he used to be.

It all started when we were 13 and his parents started staying longer at their business trips. His attitude changed and he turned into the boy, who did not care about anyone and who did not try to take care of other people's feeling. His parents never showed their affections towards their children but they did not have such long business trips and were therefore present in the life, which gave Shawn a sense of family and belonging.
However; as soon as his brother turned 18 years and was able to take care of his two younger siblings, they started to travel more and to invest more time and energy into their business, as a consequence neglecting their children in the process. Shawn's parents were both entrepreneurs and were owners of a big hotel chain. They had all over the world hotels and resorts. 

Back then at an age of 12 years, he was still his old and caring self. However, when his brother moved out and left the country to join the business; it was as if something snapped in him and made him become that type of guy who treated other people very bad. He stopped being thoughtful and mindful and began to make the life for others a living hell. To my utter horror, one year after this incident, Jasmeet rejected him and this was the start of the daily bullying. He became even more hateful and mean twoards all peers. My 14 year self decided that it was okay to let him be that way and did not paid a second thought that this behavior was truly wrong. Nevertheless, now at the age of 18 years, I could see that this was not the way to treat girls and other classmates. He and I were so different; he loved it to bully people and I was more the considerate and sweet guy who respected everyone. This made me think how Shawn and I became friends in the first place as we were not very similar.

The beginning of our friendship was when we were 6 years old. We started primary school together and I still recalled that day as if it was yesterday. Some boys made fun of me and laughed at me. One very nasty boy even stole all of my stuff and hid it in the janitor's closet. Shawn noticed this and without thinking twice, he yelled at the boys and consoled me. From that day on, they stopped torturing me and started to respect me. This act of kindness made us become friends and he and I shared from that day on everything. We were nearly brothers and I knew that I could come to him with everything. He became my most trusted person; despite him being an arrogant and rude towards other people.

While walking to our history class, Shawn and I continued not to speak and a certain girl crossed my mind. What was wrong with me? I never gave any girls a second thought. I was somehow immune to the charms of girls. I have never been in love before; I hoped it would stay this way. Suddenly I saw Jasmeet and Aryan. Shawn looked at them too and the girl scowled at him for his lingering stare. When she realized that I also watched her, she gave me small nod. This small gesture made me blush and to my utter surprise, she did as well; this prompted my best friend to question me. Shawn could become really unpleasant when he was angry about something.I just sighed and prepared myself what was yet to come.

Shawn's POV:

"When will that class finally end?" I thought to myself. I was so bored and the period of history seemed never ending. I looked at my watch and I realized that only 20 minutes have past. Jasmeet and I continued to fight and did not work on the project. So much for our truce and promise yesterday, it was as if we never made this pact and returned to way we used to be. Fighting and bickering all the time.

"Well you know, I will wait for you outside in the parking lot and then we will drive to my place to work on our project!" I decided to tease Jasmeet who was very irritated by now. She just rolled her eyes and patted her eyelashes. "Yes, I know. I cannot wait to work with you!" she squealed in fake enthusiasm. This gesture made me chuckle and somehow she joined me soon. What was happening? Why were we laughing together? We were just fighting and now we were joking together. The whole class observed this and I noticed many disbelieving stares of my classmates. Everyone knew that we always fought with each other and never were peaceful or friendly. Therefore, this was something, which made everyone confused. Enzo and Mason gave me also a questioning glare. I just shrugged them off.

Finally, the day was over and I walked with Enzo to my car. He and I tried to make conversation, however I was still angry with him and he was still cross. Instead of the usual man hug, he just nodded at me and strolled off to his car. I watched his retreating figure and hoped that this fight would not last forever. I did not want to loose my best friend over such a small issue. I made up my mind and decided to call him once I finished working on my project. He was much more important than my stupid male pride. Enzo was always here for me and in a way, he was right. Over the past years I transformed in the type of guy whom I never wanted to be.

A loud honk startled me out my deep thoughts. I looked up and saw the source. Jasmeet sat in her car, a white Toyota, and motioned me to get into my car. Her car was really ugly, i did not like this type of car. I was a proud owner of a black Mercedes.
As I did not want to waste any time; I opened the door to my car and pulled out of the parking lot. I turned over my shoulder and watched that she followed me. After a 30 minutes drive through the exhausting early evening traffic, we finally arrived at my house and parked our cars. It surprised me that she managed not to loose my lead through this intense traffic.

We went into the house where I heard my sister Gracie screaming in the kitchen. I laughed at this; my sister was really something else. One time she yelled at a pot to cook faster; a gesture, which made me, even today chuckle. Who in their right mind tells the pan to cook faster?
I told Jasmeet to leave her jacket in the entrance and strolled into the kitchen where Gracie cooked again. I began laughing when I saw the scene in front of me; she screamed again at the pan to cook faster. She was very impatient and wanted everything to happen fast. Our caretaker had off again as my sister wanted to control me if I really brought my working colleague with me and not some girl for my entertainment. Earlier I informed Gracie that I did not have lunch in school and she offered to prepare a dish for us.
"Hey, Shawn. Now where is this Jasmeet girl?" she wanted to know, and added then: "Hi, Jasmeet.I am Gracie, Shawn's sister!" I turned around and saw the Indian girl standing behind me; I did not hear her enter. She replied with a smile on her face:
"Hey, Gracie. Nice to meet you. I am sure you heard a lot about me!" Gracie nodded and it did not take long and they engaged in some smallk talk. I decided to take and I went up to my room to change. Who would have thought that they would get on well? When I returned the table was set and the girls signalled me to sit down.

--------

so what do you think about this chapter now? What will happen next? and why did they laugh together? This is really something new. I decided to upload today because I still have time and decided that I did not want to break the ritual of posting every day a chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed it and liked it.

Love Sarah He.