The observing friend And A Magical Moment

my dear followers,
this chapter is rather short, but I did not want to keep you waiting any longer, this is the reason why I am posting this now. I personally quite like this chapter. I know it might seem repetitive but I wanted to give insights in another character's perspective. Please stick around as I have really exciting stuff planned. I would love if you could share your thoughts with me. Do you think that this story should be longer or it is time to end this story. I am not sure which is the reason why I share this with you guys. So please let me know in the comments section below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aryan's POV:

The day started normally, just like any other day. Thank God, it was Friday because I was more than ready for the weekend and two days off from school. I attended the first four lectures, which were very boring as teachers kept on talking about the final exams, and we already knew everything about them. Jassy seemed the same, no evidence of the talk we had yesterday. However, when we ate lunch, she could not contain her confusion and professed that something had happened in her dream which made her question her feelings. "Jassy, tell me, about what did you dream last night?" I asked her in a curious voice. What did happen in this dream?

My best friend sighed at the question asked and looked around us, to see whether there was anyone listening to our conversation, but when she saw that no one paid attention to us, she started to speak: "I dreamt about a guy who swept me off my feet. I was standing in a field, full of the most beautiful flowers and suddenly I could feel someone's gaze on me, I suspected it at first to be Enzo as it would be natural to dream about my boyfriend. But when this boy came closer I saw how it was: Shawn..." I whisper-yelled at her, not believing that the guy who tormented her played an important role in her dream: "What? Why do you dream about Shawn? And what happened then?"
She then told me that he came closer and closer and that her heartbeat accelerated, leading to her being in his arms. Furthermore, she added that it felt right being in his arms and that she should admit her true feelings for him. What was her subconscious trying to tell her, I wondered silently? Was there a connection between them? I immediately asked her briefly: "True feelings?"

After composing myself, I wanted to know: "Which true feelings should you admit to him?" Jasmeet just nodded at my question and did not utter a single word. We continued eating in silence and then I finally broke the quietness by saying: "You think that there is some truth to this dream right? This is the reason why you are so confused. Enzo also being difficult adds up to this situation as it is clear that he is not as perfect as he seemed in the beginning!" This earned a look full of disbelief from my best friend as it was clear that I was able to formulate her thoughts into words. After a few minutes of us eating lunch in silence, she asked me: "What does this mean, Aryan? I am so confused and ask myself if I am with the right person. I feel horrible for even thinking like this!"

I was not surprised by her words and I thought for a moment, before saying: "Jassy, I want you to be happy, but maybe it is true and you were blinded by attraction and gratitude and mistook this as truly being in love! Tell me one thing: Does your heartbeat accelerate when you think of Enzo?" After uttering these words, I expected a vehement denial from my best friend. However, it was clear that over the course of this semester something changed between Shawn and Jasmeet. The hatred between them transformed into something different; maybe even attraction or love. Could they be in love with each other? I questioned myself with disbelief. But Enzo and Jasmeet were not the perfect couple they wanted to be. Something felt off and not right with them. Maybe it was the fact that Enzo did not respect the Indian culture and did not fit as well as Shawn did. But shouldn't he have time to adapt to this new culture? I was not sure what to make of this chaos. Jassy looked at me in disbelief for even suggesting this thing but I was sure that I hit a soft spot by saying this. Her dream also showed me that something was happening between them; something pulled them together, even if it was more on a subconscious level.

Suddenly a collected gasp made us look up and we saw Shawn entering the cafeteria. As usual, his friends surrounded him, and he headed to the lady who served the meals. I stole a quick glance at Jasmeet and immediately smirked to myself as she tried to ignore him. It was clear to me that he affected her. Jasmeet looked down on her food and resumed eating, suddenly she looked up and I saw that their eyes connected. I glanced at Shawn and saw him sitting amidst his friends, clearly noticing Jassy's stare. Something happened, even I could detect that their eyes clearly communicated something unsaid. "Jassy and?" I asked her, curiosity laced in my voice. "Aryan, I ... I think...!" Jassy attempted to speak, but no coherent words came out of her mouth. In a soft voice I told her: "Jassy, you feel more than you want to for Shawn! And by the looks of it, he feels the same way!" My words had an immediate effect, making Jassy vehemently denying the things I said by hissing at me: "Aryan, you are imagining things!" I raised my eyebrows and attempted to answer her, however the bell rang, signaling that the lunch break was over and we had to head to class. Her eyes told me that she knew that our conversation was far from over as there was still so much to discuss. Heading to a different class, I kept thinking about the change in behavior from Shawn and Jassy. Something happened between them, I was sure of it or was about to happen. Jassy felt something for him, despite her denying the same, and it was very likely that Shawn felt the same. I could see him stealing glances at her, whenever he thought no one was watching him. However, she was with Enzo, but the words of Kiran rang in my ears and I could wonder if he was indeed genuine about my best friend or if he secretly fancied young men. The moment at Samarpreet's wedding was very suspicious and I had to find out if it was true. The fact that both Aiden and Enzo were absent was weird and had to mean something.

Jassy's reaction was pulling me out of the room, earning curious glances from our classmates. Once we were hidden from the curious stares of them, Jasmeet told me in a matter of fact voice: "Aryan, you are imaging things!" I only raised my eyebrows in response and Jassy wanted to speak something, but closed her mouth when she realized that there was no use in trying to change my mind. "It cannot be...!" She just whispered. I wanted to say something but the bell prevented me from doing so. I walked back to the cafeteria, showing Jassy with one glance that our conversation was not over.

Once all the classes were finished, I waited by the stairs for Jassy to emerge from the sea of students. She just texted me that it would take her another ten minutes to come. I sat down by the stairs and wondered what would happen now. I had no idea what would happen soon; and that our lives were going to change forever.

"So Jassy, now you cannot escape my questions!" I told her in a matter of fact, as soon as she sat down on the stairs next to me. She groaned but was ready to be bombarded by my questions. "Let's go to our favourite place in Southall, there we can talk privately with no one listening to our conversation." Jasmeet nodded and we headed to my car, ready to resume our talk over pakoras and a hot chai.

----------------------------------------------------

here is a small teaser from the next chapter:

Aiden's POV:

I was falling for this guy, although I promised myself not to fall for anyone in this school as it would only bring torment and trouble. But going out with him was so much fun, as so many girls tried to hit on us. It was hilarious as their pick up lines were so bad and they clearly were not good flirts. He was my dream boy, I really liked him. He and I were getting along very well; we understood each other with such a single glance. Our eyes were able to communicate without words. Sighing, I snuggled deeper into the comfortable covers of my bed and recalled the previous night where he and I were going to a famous club.
Although it was only Thursday, he and I needed a night off from the stressful lives as school was making our life a living hell. The fact that he was dating someone only gave me heartache. I could not confess my feelings for him. I thought about him every single second and I really wanted to tell him that something was happening to us. The small moment at the wedding clearly meant something to me. It was different from the previous times I have been in love. Something felt deeper and more mature. This guy was funny yet caring and awesome. But how could I tell him that I felt something for him? What was happening to me? What did you do to me, Enzo?