The realization and the promise

my lovely readers,
here is the next update for my story. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter. I know that the last updates are not regularly but in two days my holidays start and then I can write without whenever I want. So I will promise to update regularly :) so here it is, please do comment or vote if you enjoy this chapter. Finally it is a chapter in Enzo's POV. I am dying to know what he thinks and what is going on in his twisted mind of his.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Enzo's POV:

"Enzo, your behaviour is .... I am appalled that you blackmailed me into doing this. I will stay on my words and keep my promise but our friendship is over!" Shawn told me in a pained voice and walked away not letting me say or retort anything. It was clear to me that it was to blackmail tricking Shawn into backing off, but I really feared that I would loose Jasmeet for good; if I did not stated my claim on her. Was it wrong to do this? I should not be like this; when I shared this with Aiden, he scolded me and told me that it was not right to do this; as he was my best friend he had to voice his disapprovement, and I should not consort to such drastic actions. I thought for a moment that Aiden would abandon our friendship, however; suprising me, he did not do such a thing. I was grateful for this, as I did not want to loose my new best friend.

We could talk about anything and we just got along very well. After talking with Shawn, things went back to normal with him. We hung out again, but there was still this distance, shown by our interactions laced with hesitation and we were not able share our deepest feelings with each other. However, this was normal, due to the fact, that so much had happened between us. He stayed true on his promise to keep the distance from Jasmeet but he still had not shared with her that he felt nothing for her. I was curious whether he would go to such lengths to ensure that we would remain friends. Somehow, I doubted his capacity to put others first instead of himself. However, as soon as he muttered those words with so much pain and conviction in his voice; I realized that I made a huge mistake. I destroyed my friendship with Shawn, somehow I was also appalled by my behavior. What had I done?

After Shawn left, I still could feel the bitter taste of his words, and that he indeed ended our friendship. I was wrong to ask him to do this; I realized this now. But it was now too late. This river has been crossed now and there was no turning back. Why? Why was I so insecure that I thought Jasmeet would leave me for Shawn Bradley? She was with me and she never showed any interest in Shawn and still if she did, who was I to decide who was meant for her? Shouldn't she make this decision? Who was I to make up my mind for her? It was totally wrong and out of line. I should apologize to Shawn and Jasmeet. They did not deserve this. I tried chasing after Shawn but a hand stopped me, making me halt in my movements. "It is done now, Enzo!" Aiden told me in a strict voice. He added then: "You cannot change this now!" I exhaled a breath of despair and I already feared that he would tell me I told you so that this is wrong; however he did not do such a thing. Instead, he hugged me and whispered into my ear: "Give them time, you can rectify your mistake. Just give them some time!" I nodded and suddenly I realized the proximity with this young man, making me tremble and feel a certain connection I did not feel with Jasmeet Hailee Kaur. But I just shrugged this off and attempted to forget this.

Shawn's POV:

What did I do? I could not believe that I would risk everything for the sake of the friendship between Enzo and me? Why did he make me choose between them? I had to either give up any relation with Jasmeet Hailee Kaur or I would lose him forever. The friendship with him meant very much to me, which is why I even considered doing it.

The moment I caught a glimpse of Jasmeet in the cafeteria I felt as if I was being punched into the gut. Oh, my dear Jassy, I am so sorry I thought to myself. Spitting out those words was the hardest thing I ever did in my entire life. Would I willingly step aside for Enzo Morales? Was my love for this girl so great that I was becoming selfless? Somehow I knew that I was truly in love with her. Maybe Enzo would make her happy and we could become friends? Being friends with her was not an option, or was there a slim chance that I could forget my love for this girl?

I was so happy the moment I stepped out of the school building, it was so hard giving her cold looks and ignoring her. The drive home was fast, my sister was already home, which made me happy as I could share with her my pain. Somehow I knew that she would scold me for doing such thing and for breaking Jassy's heart. Wait, what did I think? I did not break her heart, but why did a single tear leave her eye the moment I said those hateful words? She could not be... in love with me? No I banished such thoughts out of my mind, they had no place and I could not go there. This was simply not possible and I shrugged off even considering this. 

Once I opened the door of my car and sat down, I could feel my wall coming down. I could not believe that I told Jassy this. I had to make things right but I did not know where to start. Jassy was such an important person in my life, making my walls crumble and making me face my vulnerability and emotions. I could not do nothing. Something had to be done, but what could I do? Her face showed everything, I hurt her deeply and it would take months to make her open up again. Only time would tell what would happen. Right now I could not do anything, so I started my car and drove home, content knowing that I had time to rest and recover from this horrendous day. 

----------- 

Dear readers, finally the update is here. I hope you enjoy it. I know its short but I think that this part of the story is over and now the second part can start. I hope that you will check out the other story Unexpected love - an intercultural lovestory 2. I posted the prologue and maybe I will even upload the first chapter. I am excited to read all your feedback and comments. 

Love, 
Sarah He.