The almost fight between best friends and the unexpected turn of events

my lovely readers,

here is the latest chapter of unexpected love. I hope that you enjoy this chapter and comment/vote on it. Thank you so much for your amazing support, I am so thankful to you. I never expected to write so much, and now I already have 136 pages, this is all thanks to you. Without you it would have never been possible, so I thank each one of you. the picture shows the bank where they sat on and the Sikh temple, with the project they talked about. Enjoy!

------------------------------------

It's the unexpected that changes our lives. - unknown

Jasmeet's POV:

He came nearer and nearer, and I could also feel Enzo tensing up as his body straightened up, when he realized that, his best friend was coming closer, in an attempt to object to our closeness and proximity. It was clear to both of us that he would cause a scene and would explode like a volcano. I sensed that his promise to Enzo was not valid and could not be seen as real. He was just playing with the two of us, making us believe that he would actually allow a relationship to form between us. Enzo no longer held my hand in his, he let go of it but he still stared into my eyes, trying to calm me down. He whispered into my ear leaning towards me, sounding worried and tensed: "Now it will get messy. Go, I understand if you do not want to witness this!"

With his stare, he urged me to leave and I felt it hard to move, no matter, how inconvient this situation seemed for the two of us. It seemed to me not fair to leave him behind to face the wrath of his best friend as it was not only his fault that they were fighting. I looked into his eyes, trying to convince him that I wanted to stay. His caring tone melted something in me and I could not believe that I found someone like him, who was so considerate and concerned. It seemed like all my dreams came true, making me question if this really happened or if I was dreaming.

My heart started to beat faster and it became hard for me to breath, as I was very anxious and worried that Shawn would cause a scene embarrassing all of us, as he was only a few feet away from us. Despite it being still early, some students shot us curious looks, as it seemed very odd that the school's most liked boy was with the girl who was despised by everyone. Moreover, our intimacy also confused them, however, no one dared to speak up.

Step by step Shawn came closer and closer, and I braced myself for an outburst of his, and tried to walk away, making one small step after the other. I did not want to come between them and I knew that Enzo would not be angry with me for leaving, as he was well aware that our connection would cause problems. Shawn was now nearly in front of us, his eyes portraying the anger and rage he felt. Enzo had been right about him, him not wanting to let something prosper between us.  Shawn wanted to say something but then, I felt his gaze on me, a worried look spreading all over his face. I just shrugged it off, and tried to ignore this feeling of sickness, swallowing it down.

However, fate decided to hinder me by making my condition worse and I could feel my head spinning, making it hard for me to stand straight. Few steps I was able to make, then I felt my consciousness slip and I just fell; making everything dark. The only thing I could make out was the worried voice of both of the boys, calling out for me.

Shawn's POV:

I could feel anger boiling up when I saw them together, and I come closer and closer. My determination of letting them be together dissolved, when I saw the affectionate gesture and the intimacy between them, as my heart felt being torn apart and broken into two. The words I heard also made me feel sad and full of pain. She accepted his proposal and I felt my throat tighten, and I could not recognize myself as I was being so emotional. What was wrong with me? I had to snap out of it, now rather than later. My promise was not something I wanted to break, so I had to convince myself that I was and would never be in love with Jasmeet Hailee Kaur. She was not the one for me. A voice in me told me: Yeah try to do this. It will come for sure back to bite you. I just ignored this voice, attempting to calm down, by breathing in and out deeply. Promises were not meant to be broken so I had to make sure to keep this one.