Parental pressure and other desasters

Then finally, we returned to our home, which was a beautiful two-storey house. It was located in the outskirts of Hounslow. I stormed off into my room and I laid down on my bed. Shopping could be so exhausting. Just then, I took my iPhone out of my purse and saw many messages.
Aryan has texted me: Where are you, Jassy? Have you finished shopping?
I need to tell you something. Something happened. Please call me as soon as you can!
An unknown number had also texted me: Kaur, let's meet up tomorrow in the library and talk about the project. I groaned and just thought why did I have to get paired with this completely jerk. Then I realized that Aryan was in need of his best friend and a good advice.

So I immediately dialed his number. „Whats up, Aryan?" I asked him happily. I missed him despite having seen him in school just three hours ago.
„ Jassy, finally. I have been dying to tell you something. When I came home, my parents waited for me in the living room with a serious look on their faces and told me something dreadful. And guess what they started to tell me!" he answered me. Chuckling I knew only one topic was on the mind of indian parents. „ Let me guess, they started the marriage talk!"

He said in a quiet tone: „ Yes. And they want me to start seeing girls!" I could detect the utter horror in his words and laughed softly. I was aware that he hated the thought of marriage and did not want to have any relationship at the moment. „ Just tell them, you are not ready. You still have to complete school and then start university!"  I tried to soothe him. But I knew how his parents were, they wanted him to marry soon as they were much  more traditional than my parents.

My parents just talked to me that I should start thinking about suitable guys and that if I fell in love, they would try to accept him. I was happy about this, because I knew that I just wanted to have a love marriage just like Samarpreet. I dreamed of a guy who would sweep me off my feet and accept me unconditionally. But since in my school I was hated by the majority of guys I had postponed the prospect of falling in love. I knew that at the moment school was more important than being in love. I mean, I just completed my 18th year, so I had much time of finding the perfect life partner. I never had a relationship before as I wanted to be with someone who would love me for who I am and for a longer time. I did not seek a time passing relationship. Shawn was someone who only wanted to have fun and not settle down. I wondered when he would find love or if he will end up alone.

  „ Jassy, this is really really serious. I do not want to get married!", he shouted in my ears. His loud voice startled me and the phone nearly fell out of my grasp which made me chuckle. I answered him breathless: „Aryan, we will do something about this. I know that we can convince to wait with marriage and all this stuff! I will come over this week and talk to them! And then everything will be fine!" Aryan agreed with me and replied me: „ Yeah, we will. I just hope that they will accept this and will not create a scene!"
But he knew very well that his parents loved me and they listened to me; so I was confident that this problem would disappear soon.
„ So how was the shopping?", he wanted to know. „ Well, the stitcher completely destroyed Samaras dress and she was really desperate and ready to make a scene but I could calm her down. And guess what, my dress is so beautiful. You know that she did not disclose how it will look like. She just took my measurements and gave it to the stitcher without showing me the fabric! I am really so happy!", I told him happily.
He was happy as well and we continued to talk for an hour. He was such an sweetheart. He would join the wedding for sure and I could not wait to celebrate with him and my family the wedding of my sister. Weddings were in India a big deal and we loved big parties and lots of tasty food. Moreover you could also dress up and look like a princess. I adored indian dresses and had many fancy indian suits in my walk in closet. Another essential part of indian weddings was dancing. I would perform on the reception of my sister, a thing which I always wanted to do. I also was part of a dance group since I was little.

-----------------------------------
hey guys, here is the latest chapter of my story. I hope you will check it out. I hope you enjoy it and vote for the story. it would mean a lot for me.

the pictures above shows how aryan looks like and the house of Jassy..

love Sarah He