Is this the end of a possible friendship?

Here my dear followers, is the latest chapter of my book unexpected love. I hope you do check it out and that you like it. This chapter is also very exciting as it is also very essential for the course of the whole plot and it is written in Enzo's POV. He really did a mistake or what do you think?

Well let's find out what he thinks and if he can notice his mistakes?

-------------------------------------------

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them. - Bruce Lee

Enzo's POV:

Oh no, what did I do? Why did I not act and defended Jasmeet? Was I really so sacred of my best friend, that I decided to be ignorant of what happened right in front of my eyes. It did not occur to me that maybe Jasmeet should be able to stand up for her own and that she did not need someone who rescued her everytime she was in distress.

I just watched Nathalie harass Jasmeet and did not do anything against it. I felt so bad about this. I was somehow frozen the moment Nathalie poured coffee over Jasmeet and the strong grip of Shawn on my arm prevented me from speaking up. His whisper to remember his words also made me realize that it was better not to say anything.

I knew that I did something wrong and it pained me in a way to see Jasmeet so vulnerable and sad. Without saying anything, Jasmeet just stormed off and I could see a lonely tear falling down her face. Her best friend seemed to be glued on the spot, because he did not chase after her immediately. Nathalie said another nasty comment to him and this made Aryan realize that it was the best to run after this girl. He just took off in direction in which Jasmeet ran to, and Nathalie smiled in an evilly happy way. It was not good when she had a face like this; I really hated it when she got what you wanted. She was that kind of person who just thought higher of herself after making another person feel small.

"Well done, Enzo. This is the way; you are supposed to act. Not playing hero. I am happy about his. Let us head to class and stop worrying about her. She is really just a dumb girl!" my best friend said in a happy tone.
I just snapped in this moment and screamed at him: "Now you are really happy. Well guess what I am not happy. I hate that you are the person, you promised me never to be. It seems like a promise does not mean much to you!"
I did not care that I was attracting the attention of my peers; I just felt so angry and disgusted by my behaviour. I was not the boy who would watch a girl getting humiliated. I wanted to be the person who tried his best to help and support other people. I wanted to be the knight in shining armour, the one girls dreamt about and about whom they fantasized.

This thought made me run towards the exit of the school. As fast as I could, I tried to reach the parking lot. I did not want to let Jasmeet leave without having said anything to her. Just when I reached it, I saw Jasmeet's white car pull out of her parking space and she drove very fast out of the lot. I groaned as my chance to explain myself just left for today and I saw to my surprise that Aryan was still standing in middle of the street. I went to him and as soon as he noticed my presence; I could tell that he boiled with anger. He spat angrily:
"Well, are you done being her hero? Why did you let Nathalie humiliate her? Moreover, why did you stand up for her the last two days? I really do not get you and your logic. I mean, you never did something, you just observed and in the moment where she needed someone you decided not to act?"

I was taken aback by his sudden outburst and stuttered:
"Well, I came too late, I could not have done anything! It already happened!" Aryan just retorted, his glance showing his disbelief:
"Enzo, seriously. I saw you standing next to the locker and you just let Nathalie do this. I am really disgusted by your behaviour. Just stay away and keep your distance from now on. We do not want to talk to a person like you!" I stared at him shocked by his mean response and answered him:
"Aryan, let me please explain...!"

I could not finish my sentence because Aryan turned around and went inside the school building. I really wanted to explain myself to him.  I just stared at his retreating form and could not believe what just happened. Did Nathalie really pour coffee over Jasmeet and did I not act in favour of her? I cursed at this realization and stomped with my feet on the ground.
The thought of staying away from these two gave me a feeling of sadness and pain. I really did not understand myself right now and I was confused. Why this did bothered me so much? I had never given them a second thought...
Did I my inability to act and to raise my voice destroyed something blossoming? What could have prospering and what could have it been anyways? I did not know back then that I was on the verge of making my first experience in love and of falling for someone. I was also not aware that the following poem of Khalil Gibran was true:

When love beckons to you follow him, though his ways are hard and steep.

And when his wings enfold you yield to him, though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

And when he speaks to you believe in him, though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

No, I would learn it the hard way that love was exactly like this poet described this feeling. I just thought back then that I was mentally insane. I really doubted that I was sane as I had thoughts, which I never had before. Something seriously messed up with my head. I sighed and returned to my classroom where I could see Shawn already waiting for me. I made up my mind to ignore him and just went into it. I was able to sense his confused and angry look which shot daggers into my back. It never occurred that I did not pay attention to him. I was this kind of friend who always supported their friends and who never was ignorant to their presence. It was evident that I really needed to change my attitude and stand up on my own feet.

-----------------------

so what do you think now? I know that this chapter is shorter than usual but I just wanted to update as fast as I can and I promise you that the next chapter will be extra long <3 :* I also can assure you that something really exciting is about to happen. whose POv do you want in the next chapter? please let me know!

love Sarah He.