The threat from a best friend and the proposition of a sister

here is the 22nd chapter of my story unexpected love. Wow already 22 chapters. Time really flies; I cannot believe it that I am nearly one month active and the story is published. I am so happy for all of you and hope that I continue to make you happy with my stories. I hope that you will enjoy this chapter. The picture shows Amrita and once again aryan. What do you think about these two?

------------------------------------

Go to you bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know. - William Shakespeare

Enzo's POV

Well this was an interesting day, I thought to myself when I came close to my car after a long time in school. Fate was somehow pushing me in direction of a certain Indian girl, two times, I stood up for her and I knew that there was a spark between us. She always managed to catch my eyes, but I just ignored this feeling back then and distracted me by studying very much or by playing soccer with my friends. It was evident that I had a crush on her back in the beginning of our high school career.

However now I could sense that this ignorance would be gone soon; as something was pulling us together and made it impossible to avoid this evident connection. We have never exchanged many words, but in my gut, I felt something, which I had not experienced before. I never had the feeling before that I had to come to her rescue and that I wanted to get to know her. It was clear that I always hated when she or other classmates got bullied, but I did not feel responsible for them. To my astonishment, this attitude changed in the last two days and resulted in the most popular girl targeting me.
Nathalie and I did not interact often; I had always avoided her, as I did not want to have anything to do with her. I did not know what came over me when I stood up for Jasmeet Kaur two times. The moment she fell into my arms; I knew that there was a spark ignited and it was clear to me that she even felt this. When she told me that she did not want to have anything to me, I sensed a slight contraction, a hint of pain, in my heart and I wanted to reply her something; however, her best friend came and hindered me from expressing the thing I really wanted to share with her. Without saying anything else, I just left and went to my first class.

As soon as Shawn approached me near my locker, I feared that I would hear an earful again and that he would scream at me just as he did yesterday. However, this was not the case. Surprisingly Shawn reacted very calm and he even told me that I could go ahead and talk to her; I doubted the statement of his because he hated Jasmeet since she rejected him so many years back and I was positive that he would change his mind very soon. When Shawn told me that Nathalie was even threatening him. She really was a stupid person for doing this and I knew that she would never be appealing to Shawn again.

The whole day went by in a blurr, the teacher were exhausting as they kept on highlighting on how important this year would be for the course of our lives. I saw Jasmeet only one time, and as soon as she noticed me, she lowered her gaze. I sighed at her reaction internally and Shawn who watched this asked me then, what was going on and if I liked her. I decided to tell him the half-truth and not the real things, which I felt in my heart.

"Enzo, I have to tell you something!" he greeted me when I picked up the phone; without giving me a chance to reply, he added: "I was wrong earlier. I really do not want that you do anything, which brings you, closer to Jasmeet. So just, let it be and concentrate on getting good marks! In case something happens with her, our friendship will be over!" His threat made me throat tighten and I could not believe my ears that he would use this kind of tone with me. However, this was Shawn, who hated it when something did not go the way according to him. This was the side of him, which I did not like. He only started to be like this, after his parents abandoned him and did not cared for him anymore.

On this day, I promised myself that I would not talk to Jasmeet again and that I would avoid her at all cost. I was not going to loose my best friend, just over a spark. I answered my best friend in a sincere manner:
"Shawn, consider it done. I know that you hate her so I will not talk to her again. I can assure you that I will keep my distance now!" My best friend was content with my reply and we chatted for some minutes. However, I did not know back then that fate was going to test my promise in ways not imaginable. Moreover, I could not anticipate that my friendship with him would go through a rough patch leading to a nearly ending our strong brotherly bond.