The estrangement of friends and a surprising proposal

my lovely readers, I will not beat around the bush, here is the next chapter of my story unexpected love. I am sure you will enjoy it very much. I chose for this chapter two quotes as they felt right :) Enjoy and make sure to read the WHOLE chapter. Something interesting will happen at the end.

------------------------------------------------

Eye contact is way more intense than words can ever ben. - Unknown

It's when you are acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest - Divergent.

Shawn's POV:

I stammered: "Jasmeet...!", not being able to complete my sentence.

Suddenly a pained look made its appearance on Jasmeet's face as if she realized something agonizing. She stopped me by saying, sounding harsh and also annoyed: "Shawn, do not answer me. I know that you will be mean again to me and I have no desire for this to happen again. I do not know what you think or feel about me. Whatever it is, forget that it ever happened!I do not wish to find it out, as I know that you are not capable of feeling something!" It was evident to me that she closed herself and was not willing to let me mess with her. Did she think so lowly of me? I was not aware that she thought this about me, I know that I was harsh and mean, however, her statement really astounded me and made me question my whole attitude. Did I act in a wrong manner?

Her eyes mirrored the anguish and sadness she felt and I knew that I had to act now or I would loose every chance of becoming civil with her and creating a wall between us, which would never be reversed. She was turning around to leave, not giving me a chance to reply her, and I prevented her by grasping her hand, making her stop moving. I surprised myself with this small gesture and by the audible gasp Jasmeet as well who halted her movements. I could have just let her leave and everything would have been the way it used to be and was supposed to be.

However, something in me told me that I should not do this, as this could be a precious moment to us, and of great importance. The moment, my hand made contact with hers, I could feel a spark and something strange happened to me. I felt something warm in my stomach and my heart quickened its pace. She stared at me after having faced me, waiting for me to explain my actions, and I felt just tongue-tied. I just gazed into her eyes unable to vocalize or verbalize any words, and soon I found myself getting lost in them once more, the depth pulling me in. To my surprise, it appeared as if she also was not able to prevent herself from staring at me, returning my fierce stare.

Something pulled us together and we were merely inches away from each other, making me smell her spicy yet flowery scent again resulting in me inhaling sharply. She stood so still as if she was becoming a tree, not being able to move. I felt the same and the whole energy shifted from being a hostile and cautious one into a passionate and infuriated one. It was not clear to me, how long we stood there, just gazing into each other eyes.
Then, suddenly, the spell was broken when I found my voice again, telling her in a soft yet distinct tone, in an attempt to defend myself: "Jasmeet, I am capable of feeling, emotions and compassion. You know that, right?" The reasons, why I said those words, was uncertain to me. It was as if I knew that she could see beneath the hateful behaviour the boy I once was, what was this?
Jasmeet Hailee Kaur, she was really one of the kind, challenging me in ways none other could. I buried everything nice in me and now she was the reason why I opened up again, letting someone in. I added then: "I know that I was very harsh towards you. However, I am also aware that you just see the boy who tormented you!"

She interrupted me, sounding more confident than a few seconds ago, regaining her resolve: "Shawn, last Friday, when I helped you, I comprehended that you are just hiding your true self. There is a genuine person hidden beneath these layers of hate and hostility! There is more to you than you are letting on!" Her words astounded me once more, she was no longer apprehensive with me, she let her guard down and showing me her true colours and the authenticity within her.
Moreover, she also displayed her honest opinion of me. The glimpse, I caught, was an amazing experience. She seemed so pure and innocent, yet powerful and strong. This combination was truly intriguing and enthralling, as I had not seen such a girl before. All the girls I had been were shallow and superficial.