A sweet moment between two persons and cultural differences

My lovely readers, here is finally the next chapter. I have been having a small writers block, this is the reason why it took me so long. But now I have many ideas, so stay tuned for an update in an week's time. I hope that you enjoy my chapter and that you still like the story. The picture shows Jasmeet and Shawn, Enzo and Aryan. The two quotes are very suitable and portray the chapter. Enjoy!!!

------------------------------------

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.- Martin Luther King

Love does not doubt, if doubts, it is not love. - Unknown

Jasmeet's POV:

The next few days passed normally and everything went back to its supposed way. There was no evidence of this conversation between Shawn and me, which relieved me as we avoided each other as if we were contagious. The only times I saw him was in class and even there I tried not to interact with him, despite the talk I had with him at Samaras's wedding. Something about him confused me and I knew that it would be best not to contact him as this would result in making Enzo more doubtful.

Enzo and I were in a very good place; and I felt so happy by his side as he was such an amazing boyfriend. The rehearsals also were progressing nicely and I could already sense that it was going to be one fine play, which would surely impress friends and family. Aiden also integrated himself well into the group and he was already considered as a member who was in this play since its inception. However, I could not fathom that everything would crumble soon and everything was going to change leaving me with a very difficult choice to make.

Suddenly, I spotted Shawn in the hallways while I was heading to my first period, and I decided that I had enough of his attitude as something was clearly cooking up in his mind. I could see it on the smirk on his face and the way he was talking to Aiden, despite avoiding him, I had observed him and I was positive that he planned something which could destroy or harm my relationship with Enzo. When Aiden left to retrieve some books for his classes, I decided that I had to talk to him. Ignoring him would not solve the issue and would only result in more tensions. Moreover, it also puzzled me that he was not keen on finding out what could be between us. Something was there, I had to admit even to myself as I could still feel how insanely correct it felt when our fingers had brushed together and the scent of him still lingered on me, making me somehow dizzy.

Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into a dark corner, surprising us both by my daring and bold action. With angry eyes I fixated him and asked him the questions which was on my mind since the last couple days:"Why are you avoiding me? What do you want to show by your behaviour?"

Shawn's POV:

The last two weeks were passing by in a blurr, and I had not exchanged any words with the girl I loved and for whom I cared deeply. It was all part of my plan, not to show any kind of affection, as Enzo was already so suspicious that I was lying and pretending not to care. After he punched me I did not utter a single word to him. The more time passed, the stronger my feelings became and it was evident for me that I could not hide my deep affection for her any longer.

Whenever I saw Jasmeet in the hallways I would turn around and head into the opposite direction or lower my gaze to avoid her questioning gaze. Aiden shot me each time I did this a look full of admiration as he knew how hard this must be for me and that he was impressed by my self control. It was clear to me that I told her that we would have to find out what could be between us, however, I did not want to do this as my plan was not to show any type of affection towards to make Enzo relax.

Aiden and I were really great friends and I could count on him, this friendship was much more deeper as the one with Enzo as he was never judging me or telling me that I was too mean or anything. Everyone noticed that my behaviour changed as I did not bully or mock anyone but nonetheless most of my fellow students preferred not to come too near to me, out of fear I might start again to mistreat them again. Although I knew better, I would never go back to my previous ways as I did not want to be the mean boy any more.