A pleasant dinner and other revelations

here is the latest update for the story unexpected love. I hope you guys enjoy it and dont forget to vote and share it. i love you guys.

----------------------------------------------

Afterwards I headed down as my mom had called my name to announce that the dinner had finished. It was usual for our family to dine together and talk about the events of the day. We were really close and had a wonderful family life. For sure there were also fights but this was normal. I sat down on my usual spot beside Samarpreet and told her: „ I just talked to Aryan. He is desperate!" She raised one of her eyebrows and guessed: „ Well I know. His parents started to talk about marriage!" I nodded just chuckled. She was also close to Aryan as he was one of our closest friends and cared for him much.
„ Yes, and they want to start showing him girls!" My mom, who entered the living room with a hot pan, exclaimed: „ Really, the boy is too young to think about this. I mean he is just 18 like you Jasmeet. I will talk to Kiran. She really can not force him to marry that young!"

Mom and Kiran were close and I figured that she would be also able to influence her opinion about the pending marriage of her younger son. My mother was somehow a role model for his mother as she managed to be successful and run the household smoothly. Kiran was a housewife and had never bothered to work and become independent like my mother. 
I replied: „ Mom, I am so happy that you do not force me to marry. I really appreciate it! I am sure that she will listen to you!"
She answered me while putting the dish on the table:
„ Jassy, I got married really young and I did not feel ready for this responsibility. Moreover I had to leave behind my home in Punjab and learn a new language. This was really hard for me. So I do not want you to suffer just because it is usual in our culture to marry young! I mean the time is changing now. It is not necessary to marry that young anymore!"

I moved my head in agreement and my brother and father, who had decided to grace us with their appearance, walked into the dining room; they had been in their office for at least 1 1/2 hours discussing important issues related to business. They asked us even they saw our serious glances:
„ What is going on? What happened now? "

„Aryans parents want him to marry soon!", I answered them. They shook their heads disapprovingly sitting down and Harvinder stated:
„ I cannot believe my ears. Why do they want him to marry so early. I am now 23, soon completing my 24th year and I am still unmarried. I dont understand you Samara, you are just 22 and yet here you are getting ready for your wedding!"

My sister chided him: „ I love Karan and I do not see a problem marrying him. I told him that I would complete my studies and even start a master. Therefore, it is clear that I will not start my family soon. I just want to live with him.
I mean I want to be able to see us in a flat together and in our culture, moving together is not approved. So therefore, I marry him. I mean what is the deal with this, he loves me and I love him. Period!  "

Harvinder looked at her strangely, but did not bother to reply her. But I knew exactly where she was coming from. Being from Indian origin we had to adhere to a certain way of living and a wild marriage was definitely not a thing respected by our culture. My brother just shook his head, as he clearly did not believe in love. It had been always like this, my sister and I had been the ones believing in true love and marriage.

However, Harvinder had never believed in love; he despised all romantic and cheesy things. Whenever we watched romantic series he would run out of the room, just to escape the romance. My sister and I laughed so often about this which he did not appreciate. Nontheless I was positive that one day he would fall deeply in love and then he would understand our point of view.

„ Let's eat now!", exclaimed my mother as she started to distribute equally the delicious smelling food. My mom had magic hands, whatever she cooked was mouth-watering and yummy. She managed to create appetizing and lovely food all the time. As soon as everyone had the vegetarian dish on their plates I began to dig in.
It was another part of our way of living and religion not to indulge in animal-based products and to consume only vegetarian cooking. I loved eating Indian plant-based food as I had never tasted meat or fish. It was a despicable thing to do as our gurus had also refrained from eating living animals.

--------------------------------

P.S: the pictures above show her brother and the dishes served :) I just love indian food and you? the dishes showed above is aloo gobi, pakora and chapati. by the way what do you think of Harvinder? do you think he will ever believe in love or will he remain single his whole life?