The start of a new friendship and a sweet moment between almost lovers

my lovely readers,
I am so sorry for the late update, the next one will come faster; I just have so much to do . This is the only reason why I am updating so late. I hope that you enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think. The picture shows Aiden, Jasmeet, Enzo and Shawn. What do you think about the latest addition? Do you like this guy? the two quotes felt appropriate so this is the reason why I chose two. Enjoy!!!

------------------------------------------------

The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. -Wilhelm Penn

When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled because you knew. - William Shakespeare.

Shawn's POV:

Before I could realize what I was doing, I punched Enzo straight into his face sending him right to the floor with a thud, I was so angry and mad. The sound of the slap brought me back to reality and suddenly I was held back by Aiden, who was very strong and managed to contain my anger by putting his arms around me. Jasmeet went to her knees in order to inspect his face and to see if my action had caused any pain. She stroked his face softly and his tension resolved, rubing his cheek. The students around us gave me a look of disdain and hatred. Aiden pulled me away, while I continued to struggle to break free and I casted one last glance in Jasmeet's and Enzo's direction, which earned me an angry scowl from the girl that I liked and a look of disbelief from my former best friend. What did I do? I felt gratitude towards Aiden, as he prevented me from creating more damage. I was still processing the recent events, not questioning where we were heading. "What was this about, man? Why did you punch this boy?" Aiden wanted to know once we sat outside on a bench, and I tried to collect my thoughts and calm down.

It was very hard to collect myself, since I was so on edge and I felt my heart broken. I was deep in thoughts when a push made me come back and I answered him hesitantly, deciding to come clean: "Aiden, this girl, I think I like her, but I tormented her for years and yes, now she is nearly dating my ex-best friend!" I was interrupted by Aiden who blurted out, his voice laced with a certain tone resembling to worry: "This really is complicated. There is bound to be a conflict. Tell me everything!" Something about him made me trust him and I wanted to start telling him my story, but the ringing of the bell prevented me from doing so. It also occurred to me that I had to open up and was not able to contain my feelings any longer. I started to get up, to get to the next class and told him, turning around to face him: "I will tell you everything after school!" He nodded, then he remarked sounding surprised: "Why are you telling me this at all? We do not know each other! IT is not everyday that a stranger tells you his secrets1" This made me halt in my movements, stopping and I answered, after contemplating for some minutes what to say: "Well, I think that you are a nice guy and I trust you. Oh man, this whole mess of my emotions really messes with my head!"

A soft hand made me stop and he told me with a sincere tone: "No, it's okay. I can relate, with some people you just connect immediately!" His remark caused me to smile, we walked to the class, which both Jasmeet and Enzo attended and I groaned audible. It was clear to me that I was going to receive punishment for attacking Enzo, however to my surprise, nothing happened. Aiden and I took a seat the furthest away from them and conversed with each other until the teacher made his appearance to start the teaching. It was utterly boring and I casted from time to time glances to Jasmeet and Enzo, who sat right next to each other, apparently happy to be in each other's presence, which made my pain return. Aiden's warning glance prevented me from bottling up, something about him was calming and gave me feeling of stability and peace.

"What the hell was this about, Shawn?" Jasmeet seethed, looking full of disdain and angry at me. She pulled me in a corner to make sure that I understood that I acted wrong and impulsive, making sure that no one could see or hear us. She added then, in a more softer voice: "He is your best friend and I do not want you guys to be on bad terms!" I just scoffed without thinking and hated myself for doing this as this earned me a hateful glance from Jasmeet.
"I cannot talk to you about this! I just felt angry!" I tried to convince her, as I did not want to say the truth intention behind my actions.
Jasmeet immediately shot back: "Why were you angry? And do not say anything about you having anger issues, because we both know that it is not true! In addition, do not say that you loathe me and do not want me to be with Enzo!" I lowered my eyes, trying to find an exuse for my behaviour, which was acceptable. However, I did not find such words as I knew that the action of mine showed her a glimpse of my feelings for her and I could not hide anymore the obvious. I wanted to leave the small room, but she was faster and stood in front of me, crossing her elbows in front of her chest, firing daggers with her eyes at my face, making me uncomfortable. She did not say anything for some moments then she said with a certainty: "Shawn Bradley, who knew it? The boy who loathes love and affection, finally falling into his own traps! You cannot hide yourself anymore!"