The confusing question and the quality time between siblings

my lovely readers,
here is the belated update of my story unexpected love. I hope you enjoy it very much and I look forward to all your comments and votes. I want to to say here thank you so much for all your support so far and that i have nearly 4000 reads in less than 3 months. I hope that I continue to make you happy and hope that you enjoy this chapter. the picture show Harvinder, Samara and their living room and Jassys outfit and her hair :)
-----------------------------

You do not choose your family, they are a gift to you, as you are to them. - Desmond Tutu

Enzo's POV:

        I was aware that I completely caught her off guard, signalled by her silence once she grasped what I was asking and proposing to her, as I was being so blunt and direct, not trying to hide my resolve. These words spoke themselves faster than I could think, I surprised myself and I was nearly angry at my frankness, however, I knew that I had nothing to loose. In life, the one who does not act on his or her feelings looses and not the one who attempt something.
My heart beat so fast against my chest, that I feared that it would jump out, waiting for her to reply. This feeling of anxiousness was not the best, and I almost regretted to say these words. Nevetheless, I had the experience of a sentiment of happiness and sweetness.

A feeling I never experienced before, I felt something warm and fluttering in my belly. My determination also astonished me, as I was never the boy who was so direct. It was more likely for me to sneak myself into someone's heart. Never before had I been this openly about my affection for someone. This was something, which I never thought I would say to her. To me, it seemed more likely that I would court her slowly, making her fall in love with me. It was my goal to be more subtle and less obvious. However, my fight with Shawn showed me I had to act immediately. It was not my interest to be the one, who was alone in the end, and I had to take immediate actions.

My attraction towards her was evident, growing stronger day by day, and I wanted to woo her. "Enzo, are you serious? You want to ask me out? I am the cause for a fight between your best friend! You cannot be serious about this. Friendship is so much more important than a fleeting attraction!" she finally said after many moments of silence. It perplexed me that she would consider my relationship with Shawn and not just herself. Her statement about the fleeting attraction also bothered me and I could not help but feel that she misjudged me clearly. Was this a passing infatuation? Or was there more to our connection? Was it wrong to throw away my friendship away with Shawn for this girl? Nearly I thought that she was not worth it, but then I recalled the words my so called friend said to me, he was clearly lying through his teeth, not caring about his intention of being more honest and truthful.

It appeared to me then that she was very considerate and caring. However, an evil voice in me whispered then, making me slightly doubtful and uncertain: "She is already falling for him!" I slapped myself for thinking like this and I answered her in a soft voice: "Jasmeet, this is my problem, not yours. Just tell me if you want to go out with me!" I did my best not to sound too desperate however, I was aware that I was failing miserably. It also occurred to me that my directness was offending her, and I added in a more soft voice, trying my best to convey the sincerity behind my intentions: "I do not want to pressure you to answer me. I just thought that I have to let you know that I like you and I would love to get to you better. You seem so amazing and I cannot help but wanting to find out more about you! Take all your time!"

Jasmeet's POV:

His words really surprised me and I could not hide my complete astonishment at his proposal, by inhaling sharply. He wanted to go out with me, he wished to get to know me better. No boy or guy ever dared to ask me out and I was so perplexed that Enzo desired to get to know me better. However, I was also aware that I I would be driving an edge between the friendship of Enzo and Shawn. They were best friends and I did not want them to end their bond because of me.
Without realizing it, I had maneuvered myself between the two of them, creating distance, which could not be broken or bypassed easily.