The start of a friendship and the usual fight between enemies

here is the 18th chapter of the book unexpected love. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and stick with me. From now on very exciting things are going to happen. I promise you that since you know now all the characters and their thoughts, the real plot can begin. The pictures show again the lead characters Shawn and Jasmeet and his room. I am excited to hear about your opinions :)

------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner. - Nelson Mandela

Jasmeet's POV:

After school, I said my usual goodbye to Aryan, who urged me to call him as soon as I completed the project, and headed towards my car. I groaned at the thought that I had to spend some hours with Shawn Bradley. Yes, we had laughed together but that still did not mean; I liked him. No, he was still the person who made my high school life a living hell. As I pulled out of my parking spot, I scanned the crowd and immediately spotted the car of my bully. It was the usual Mercedes, most of the boys owned in our private school. I really did not like this type of car, they just polluted the environment and did not even look good.

He stared at the retreating figure of his best friend and seemed very absent-minded. It was rumored that Enzo and he had a fight, something which rarely happened. I wondered what was the reason; I had the slight hunch that it had to do something with me.
He did not even notice me, therefore I decided to honk to demonstrate him that I was here, ready to work on our project. He looked up and got into his car. We drove nearly half an hour through the insane London traffic. It was hard not to loose his trail but I somehow managed to end up parking in front of his huge house. It was a very beautiful house and I was immediately intrigued. It had two floors and was spacious. It was very modern, and built out of steel and brick. He motioned me to follow him and we entered the house.

The entrance room was nicely decorated, and showed the obvious wealth of his family. After him gesturing to lay down my jacket on the hanger, I did so and turned around to face him but I could not find Shawn. I sighed and followed the distinctive noise from another room. I walked into the kitchen, which was nearly completely white, only the wall contrasted, by being covered in brown tiles.

At the oven, a girl with brown hair stood stirring in a pan, I realized very quickly that she was his sister. She had very thick brown hair, which flowed two inches over her shoulders; and had a beautiful face. She greeted me very friendly without a hint of hostility and I knew instantaneously that we would get on very well. Very soon, we were having a small talk and laughing together; she was a very sweet girl. "Where is Shawn now?" I wanted to know.

She thought for a minute and replied me: "Well, after school he likes to change into something more comfortable. I am sure he will down soon!" She added then:"You are very different; you are not as Shawn depicted you! He said that you .. well it's better not to finish this sentence!" I chuckled at her comment; I did not want to know in detail what he shared with her about me. I was sure that it was nothing good. Engrossed in a talk we set the table and I told her:"I already ate in school, so I will just have some water!" She asked me: "Oh really, Shawn told me that I can prepare more for you too!" I politely answered her:"Well I am sure you cooked something with meat and I am not allowed to eat this type of dishes!" She moved her head in understanding and I knew that she would not give me any mean comment about my way of living.

As soon as Shawn finished his meal which was indeed a roasted chicken with vegetables, we went up to his room and attempted to start the project. His room was exactly how I thought it would be. Many pictures adorned the walls and in the middle of the room stood a king sized bed. It was completely blue and assembled his arrogant character. Only one thing surprised me, one guitar was hanging on a nail from the wall. I never knew that he was a guitar player. "Kaur, let us get this over with!" he pulled me out of my thoughts. I agreed and we sat down in front of his desk after pulling out a notebook. "What kind of conflict do you want to deal with?" he wanted to know in a bored tone. I replied him very fast: "I want to portray the conflict which happened in 1984 in India!This is something really ..." I could not finish my sentence as he interrupted me angrily:"I will not do the project about an Indian issue. We have to do something more interesting! India is not interesting and I am sure that there was enough coverage about this thing!" I got really mad at his comment as this conflict had not been shown in many foreign news. I tried to reason with him:"Oh Mr. Bradley, which conflict do you want to do then? Tell me, Mr. Know-it-all! If you seem to know everything, then tell me what you want to do!"

At my sudden and angry outburst, he became quiet and I was surprised. Shawn never seemed to loose his voice when I told him to back off. "Is everything okay?" asked Gracie after having knocked softly. "Yes, and now go back to your room!" snapped Shawn. "Shawn, stop being such an idiot to your sister. I mean why you are angry at her, if you are mad at me?" I barked at my classmate. He just looked angrily at me and told me to back off in an attitude that made me cringed in anger. I decided that I could not take it anymore.

I collected all my things and stormed out of his room. I just wanted to get as fast as possible away from this idiot. While running I could hear a near noise and assumed that it was Shawn. However; it was Gracie and not her brother, who apologized to me:"Well, I am sorry about the behaviour of my brother. He can be sometimes an idiot! However it was very nice meeting you!" I replied:"Yes, it was very nice meeting you!" After saying goodbye to her, I drove home.

"Why did he made me so angry all the time?" I questioned myself. Why could we not get on well like everyone else? Something in Shawn made me just flip and so angry. I could not describe what caused me to be so mad. Just when I nearly reached my house, I realized that we had not even started on the project and it was due in 10 days. I sighed loudly; we had to get something done if we wanted to finish on time. I made up my mind and decided to talk to Mrs. Mendes again to try to switch partners, as we were not able to cooperate with each other. I thougth to myself that I had to attempt to get another partner; atleast I had to try this.

To my relief, it was still early and no one was at home. I unlocked the house and hang my jacket on the hanger. My sister and my brother were busy doing chores for the wedding and my parents were still working; as I did not see their shoes in the entrance room. I did not want to talk to anyone except my best friend. My family is the best but sometimes they are just pushy and want to know everything. Today I really not felt like sharing anything. I climbed up the stairs and plopped down on my fluffy bed. I called Aryan after I retrieved the phone out of my purse, who answered after the second ring.

"Hey, Jassy. You did not work on the project right. It is still too early for you to come home!" he greeted me. I laughed and told him: "We are not able to work with each other. He makes me so angry. I really hate him so much!" "Jassy please try to work together with him. Your grade depends on this project. You want to go to Oxford right, this will not be possible if you mess up your history grade. You are the better person so do your best to be civil with him. In fact call him now!" he scolded me in a brotherly tone. I groaned audible and he just emphasized in a strict manner: "Do it right now and then call me again! Jassy, do not dare to call me before you did so!" At Aryan's request, I found myself dialling the number of the boy I detested.I composed myself and heard a deep voice answer: "Hello, Kaur, what do you want?"

------------------
so what do you think now? Would you have called him as well or would you have ignored him? And what do you think about Aryan? Is he right to encourage his best friend to be the better person? Or should he just let her be?

please let me know in the comment section. I am really excited to find out what you think.

Love Sarah He.