The Aftermath Of The Almost Confession

My lovely readers,

here is the next part of my story unexpected love - an intercultural love story. I hope that you enjoy it. And please read the whole chapter as you will not understand the content anymore if you do not do it. I know that there were some filler chapters but I still put the effort in writing this story, so I would request you to give it a chance again. I know

-----------------—----------------------------

If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.  - Cher

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. - H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Aiden's POV:

I should feel disgusted by Enzo's behavior, blackmailing his own best friend into telling the girl he loved that he was not in love with her, but I could not do so, as slowly I was falling for his character and his charm. The moment he confessed that he had done this, I was appalled however this was soon replaced by an evident worry to which lengths he would go to ensure that his relationship with Jasmeet would pervade and would not end. Somehow he held on to the belief that their relationship was going to weather through any storm.

Three weeks nothing happened, but then on the last day before the holidays; I noticed immediately that something was wrong when Jasmeet came to our table without her usual smile, and I also knew what the reason was as I knew what Enzo had asked of his best friend. Enzo was oblivious to his girlfriend's changed attitude and did not notice a thing, he just carried on being his usual self, talking about his past classes and how he looked forward to the holidays. Aryan also immediately caught on to the small change in her behavior which made me frown inwardly. Jasmeet and Enzo...what would happen eventually?

I could not see that they would last long, as there was no real understanding between them, there was no true love between them.  Enzo could not respect the culture of Jasmeet and for Jasmeet, he was too open-minded. I had observed them for a while and I came to the conclusion that something would eventually make them break up. This was not just my wish as my feelings for this boy grew, I could not see a real connection between them. It was just infatuation. Jassy's sister and her husband, this was a true connection. Even Shawn and Jassy had a certain understanding of each other.

A true boyfriend should have caught on to the small changes in her attitude, however, somehow I sensed that they were not made for each other. Jasmeet appeared to be sad and even a bit hurt, which did not confuse me as I knew that there was some tension between Shawn and Jasmeet. Enzo felt threatened by Shawn and his charm which was the reason he consorted to such behavior, blackmailing his best friend into telling her that he did not feel a thing for her. Friendship looked differently I thought to myself. Friendship was not like this, friendship was to observe something and then act differently.

Immediately I realized I had to tell her, that this had happened or somehow comfort her, as her eyes seemed to water when she glanced for a short moment in Shawn's direction who sat with his other friends. I came to care for Jasmeet, she was a kind girl who was special and deserved so much more.

"Jasmeet, can you come with me for a second?" I asked her, attempting to make some eye contact with her. Slowly she looked up from her food and the moment I glanced in her eyes, I knew immediately that Enzo's worry was indeed right. Her brown eyes portrayed the evident hurt she felt, clearly caused by a certain boy, who was not Enzo. She just nodded, without giving me a reply. She stood up, following me. Looking over my should I could see her checking out the table where Shawn and his friends sat, and pain flashed through her eyes.