The reconciliation between best friends

my dear followers, here is the latest chapter of my story Unexpected love - an intercultural lovestory. I hope you enjoy the chapter and comment or vote for it. I am really excited to find out what you think about the direction in which the story is headed.

----------------------------------------------------

Best friends are irreplaceable because of the hard times we've gone through together and still yet, never giving up on each other. - terry mark

Shawn's POV:

"Shawn, now you went too far. Why did you have to be so mean to her? This is a thing to do. By the way, don't you think that it is wrong to hate her just because she rejected your friendship proposal. She is a nice girl! There is no need to be so mean. Where is my sweet brother? He is gone and will not come again!" my sister screamed at me. I could not believe my ears; did she just attack me? Normally she would never such a thing. She supported me no matter what. However, a glance in her eyes showed me the visible anger.
I gulped and replied her: "Gracie, are you on her side? I thought you are my sister; you are not hers! She is just a lousy and annoying brat! In addition, please do not start with the talk that I changed so much. Enzo already gave me an earful about this. Therefore, I already know what you think about me! I mean, is it not what everyone thinks about me? And why is everyone convinced that I changed so much?"
She astonished me by her behaviour; it was as if she talked to Enzo and decided to scold me, as a mother would do with her child. I squinted my eyes and glared at her. She just looked at me and answered me: "Oh really, Enzo gave you the talk already? Why? I feel like you keep something from me. Tell me now what your real problem with Jasmeet is and do not give me any excuse! I am scared to hear your answer. I am sure it is not good, but I will not leave the room before you did not tell me truth!" To show her determination to get the truth out of me, she crossed her arms before her chest. I decided to feed her another lie, but one look into her eyes made me think twice. In the end I confessed:"Well you are right. Jasmeet and I are enemies. After she rejected my friendship proposal I started to bully her..." I was not able to complete my sentence, because Gracie interrupted me sounding infuriated:
"What, you are a bully. After all, you have been through; you decide to be just like the boy who made your life a living hell. Enzo saved you back, and now you decide to show your gratitude by becoming just like them. My brother would never do these kind of things. Really, he would never even dare to raise their voice against someone. Your behaviour is appalling. If you do not call her, I will not speak with you. Although this will not make you call her. I know that because I am not very important for you!"

After completing the sentence, she turned on her heels and left the room. I heard her door slam and I knew that I should not bother her today, only if I wanted to hear another earful about my bad behaviour. Moreover she was still angry and it was better to let her calm down. Her sadness lingered around me and I thought about what she said. I was too proud to admit that she was right. I had become the person I detested, this was not the real me. However I made my mind up not to call her.

Suddenly my phone began to ring; I looked at the screen and I was surprised. It was Kaur. I accepted the call:" Hello, Kaur. What do you want?" "Well I wanted to talk to you about the thing at your house. I am sorry to storm off like this. I realized that we have to cooperate, if we want to have good grades. Let us really try to be civil with each other!" the girl replied me. I raised my eyebrows and retorted: "As if this would be possible. We are always at each other's throat!" Jasmeet's sharp tone made me jump up:
"Bradley, stop your horrible behaviour and cooperate with me. You do want to go to Oxford, right? If yes, you should start behaving well!"
I thought about this for one moment and then it hit me like a train; she was my ticket into Oxford. If I wanted to regain my father's approval and respect, I had to join this university. I knew that he cared very much about the choice of university. Maybe this would bring the whole family closer as I was partly the reason for us being so distant. My parents thought that I was a shame for whole family. My brother attended Cambridge and I still can remember the glee and joy on my father's face when he told us that he would be attending Cambridge. My mother also was very happy and content about this; I was like the black sheep of the family. Even Gracie was the one who managed to be a topper in all of her classes despite not liking school.
I said:" Okay, let us meet tomorrow at the library, and we can do the conflict about the Indian issue! Only because I do not know something else!"
A squeal on the other line made me surprisingly chuckle:"Yes, Bradley. Thank you so much. We will do this and then you can attend Oxford. I just hope we will not take the same courses there because this would seriously suck!" I agreed and then after saying goodbye we hang up.
My frist instinct was to go to Gracie's room to inform her that I talked to Jasmeet; but I was positive that she would just scream at me and would not give me any chance to explain myself. All of a sudden, I remembered that I wanted to call my best friend after working on my project. "Hello, Enzo. I am sorry!" I told him after I dialled his number and he picked up the phone.
"Hello Shawn, I know. I am sorry too. I know that it was wrong for me to jump like that at your throat. But you know, when Nathalie attacked Jasmeet, I had to defend her!" he answered me.
I responded softly: "No, you are right. I am an idiot. I am exactly like the boys who caused so much distress and anguish for me! I really want to change my ways!"

Enzo POV:

I fell down on my bed after his eventful day. Today  too much went down; I asked myself: How can so much happen in one day? Normally attending school was relaxed and nothing interesting occurred. However, Nathalie attacked Jasmeet, we flirted in a way and Shawn and I had a fight, which was a result of me doing something unexpected. I groaned and decided to take a nap in order to escape all the stress. Moreover, the teachers gave me so much homework to do. I could not wait for the school to be over and to start attending University. It was clear to me that I would have to do more but at least it would be something that I liked doing. My dream was to study hotel management at the University of Surrey, a well-known institution of higher education and to become a manager of a sustainable hotel.

The ring of my phone pulled me out of my deep slumber and I accepted the call drowsily: "Hi, who is here?" "Hello, Enzo. I am sorry!" he greeted me. My best friend called me first; him saying sorry surprised me; he was usually never the type to realize his faults. I found myself replying: "Hello Shawn, I know. I am sorry too. I know that it was wrong for me to jump like that at your throat. But you know, when Nathalie attacked Jasmeet, I had to defend her!" Instead of starting to scream, he reacted calm: "No, you are right. I am an idiot. I am exactly like the boys who caused so much distress and anguish for me! I really want to change my ways! Just I don't know how "

The next morning I woke up refreshed and content. My best friend and I talked last night very long and it was as if the fight never happened. This showed the depth of our friendship; no matter how much we fought, we would be still there for each other. I pulled on my jeans, white V-neck shirt, and pulled on my fake leather jacket. After I slipped into my vans, I went to my car and drove to school. Another boring day was yet to come, I assumed. However, I could have not been anymore wrong.

However, I could have not been anymore wrong. The minute I arrived at the school, a girl named Rhiannon waited for me at my usual parking spot. She was the best friend of Nathalie and therefore I already hated her. She was very tall and slim and had long blonde hair. "Enzo, darling. I heard what you did to Nathalie. I really have to warn you; if you step again out of line, there will be serious consequences! Yesterday Nathalie just decided to forgive you for your act of confusion. The next time we will not be so pardoning." she sneered arrogantly and strode away. I moved my head in disbelief; Nathalie wanted to pick up a fight with me. This would not end well for her; Shawn woulddefinitely drop her faster than a hot potato. The sentence: bros before hoes was therefore true. Shawn would always choose me over her; she was just a time pass for him.

I walked to my locker and pulledout my books for the first two periods of the school day. When I closed it, Icould hear a scream and I followed the direction from which the shriek came. The sight in front of me made me cringe in anger. Nathalie leaned against Jasmeet'slocker and laughed uncontrollably at the girl sitting on the floor. As soon as Jasmeet attempted to get up, Nathalie pushed her back causing her to fall on the ground.However, my instinct were faster and I was able to catch the poor girl and prevented her from hitting the hard bottom. When I caught her in my arms and circled my arms around her waist, her eyes were wide open and she stared at me in surprise and with a hint of admiration.

-------

So what do you think now? He is really Jasmeet's hero or? He is such a sweety. i really like him a lot and you guys? I am excited to find out what you think.

Please let me know in the comment section below.

Love Sarah He.