The wanted almost confession and the distraction

my lovely readers,
finally the next chapter is online and I can promise you that you will enjoy this one very much. It will surprise you and it is going to be exciting. I hope that you can forgive me for not uploading sooner, I was so busy but I hope that I can upload the next chapter on friday. Enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------

You are the book he never reads, but he keeps you on his nightshelf always. - unknown

Jasmeet's POV:

The look on his face showed me each and every emotion he felt this moment, and I was almost scared to hear the truth out of his mouth as it could change something for me. We stared in each other's eyes, trying to understand what we sensed this instant. It was surreal, as I knew exactly why he acted in this way. However, I wanted to hear the truth from his lips and I was tired of him hiding his feelings for me. Wait, what did I think? I was falling for Enzo and yet here I was, fraternizing with the boy who always loved to make me angry and furious. Nontheless, he did not seem like this person, it was as if something about him changed and he stopped pushing me away. He stared at the floor, his breath going fast, and did not attempt to do anything.

Without realizing it, I lifted my hand towards his chin, to make him look at me, making me feel a jolt of electricity once my hand came in contact with his skin. His hair fell into forehead, concealing his eyes and his gaze. Upon my movement, he gazed up into my eyes and I was sure that I could read what he felt this moment. One of his hands took mine into his, surprising me with the gentleness behind this gesture. I clearly misjudged him, as he was different. Suddenly he let go of my hands, leaving me cold and in a sense lonely. "Jasmeet, I cannot tell you this thing! I have to go!" he  whispered  out of the sudden barely audible. It was as if he still was not able to raise his voice. He turned around to leave, but I was quicker and circled my hand around his wrist, urging him not to leave. I was glad that no one was around and did not attempt to search for us, as this would not look good to an outsider. It would appear strange as I was dating his best friend. Oh no, Enzo. I thought suddenly. I could not demand from Shawn to speak the truth, when I was the one who was acting not myself.

"Jasmeet, please!" he muttered softly, trying to convince me to just ignore this topic. His piercing eyes stared into mine and I got lost again, once more as the blue in them drew me in. Many minutes passed and we just gazed at each other, without saying something. Suddenly, he started to speak, surprising me with the urgency laced into his voice: "I cannot tell you these things given the circumstances. So please let me go. I do not wish to open these things as you are with my best friend. And concerning your wedding invitation, I would love to come. However, could Aiden come as well?" Aiden and Shawn to my sisters wedding? I thought to myself. Then I answered: "Yes you both can come. I will give you the invitation tomorrow. Is this okay?" He just nodded, without uttering a word and turned around to leave. Out of the sudden, I exclaimed, making him stop in his movements: "You said, given the circumstances. Would you be honest if it were not for your best friend and me dating?"

He whirled around, giving me a scrutinizing and piercing stare, contemplating what to say and answered me then with a low voice, barely audible: "Yes, I would act differently!" One last time he brought his hands towards my face and caressed it with his fingers, making me feeling something which I did not feel with Enzo. These words combined with his touch gave me the reply I needed. His response made me choke on my own spit, as his blunt and direct words surprised me, as I did not expect him to be so honest about this. It seemed obvious to me that he would conceal the truth of his feelings; however, his genuine reply made me really speechless. I just nodded and he took my reaction as the cue to leave. No words were needed, as everything had been said and nothing remained unspoken. I just stood there not being able to grasp the implication behind his words. Did he just openly admitted that he liked me although I was dating his best friend? I really needed Aryan and decided to call him immediately as I felt that I had to talk to my best friend. Since it was still lunch break, there was sufficient time to call him.