Bridal dresses and other sparkling things

A wedding dress is both an intimate and personal for a woman - it must reflect the personality & style of the bride. - Carolina Herrera

Jasmeet POV:

„ Jassy! ", shouted Samarpreet and I took a glance at her gorgeous red and pink sabyasachi lehnga, well her wedding attire and I gasped. It was beautiful but there was a slight mistake with the measurements. Normally a lehnga choli was tight and fitted perfectly; just this one did not fit at all. It was loose at the breasts and arms. It looked ridiculous. Marrying in sabyasachi had always been a dream of my sisters. It was one of the most exquisite designer in India and was known for its precise and beautiful bridal lehngas. Even bollywood actresses married in sabyasachi.

„ Samara, this will be fixed and then everything will be fine. You wanted a wedding in Gurdwara and he wanted a big wedding. You get both your wishes. Moreover, you will marry the love of your life. You know that you love Karan very much. Please do not worry about this! Everything will be fine!", I told her and went to the tailor to fix this bad mistake. I instructed the woman behind the counter with a serious glance:
„ This dress has to be fixed, fast. We will pay any fee applicable. Just fix this fast! Otherwise we have to.. "
The woman nodded without letting me finish, visibly intimidated by the angry demeanor of my sister and the authority in my voice. I also knew that if she lost a customer, she would be blamed and it could result in her being fired.

I returned to my sister satisfied: „ This will be fixed. Please calm down. And show me now which dress I should wear! "

She nodded but I knew that she was far from being fine and calm. Nontheless she guided me to the bridemaid's dress corner. I cringed at the pink clothes hanging on the racks. „ Please I do not want to wear pink! You know I hate pink!", I sighed dramatically. „ Aww, Jassy. You know that I would never do this to you! ", she replied. She pulled me forwards and pointed at a blue piece of clothes. I gasped, it was beautiful. It had intricate designs all over it and also my first choice. I fell in love immediately. My dreamy smile made Samarpreet chuckle.

„ I knew, you will love it. I mean, after all you are my maid of honour! You have to look breathtaking, but not too much! Afterall it is my wedding and not yours!", she shouted enthuastically attracting the attention of other customers. I looked at her scoldingly and she closed her mouth. I laughed at her reaction. She was truly my best friend and I valued her nearly as much as I cared for Aryan.

„ Here, Miss. The measurements have been made and now you can try it on!", said a voice beside me startling me. It was one of the employees of the establishment. I nodded and headed to the changing room. I gasped again when I first saw myself in the beautiful piece of clothes.

„Jassy come out! We want to see you!", exclaimed my mother and my sister at the same time. I chuckled to myself. These two women were truly crazy but I loved them very much. I opened the curtain and stepped out of the cabin. „ Wow, Jasmeet. You look amazing!", complimented me my mother. Samara also nodded confirmingly: „ Really, you look so good. You will really attract much attention! Maybe you will even outshine me!"

I checked myself out in the mirror and gasped. I wore a typical lehnga choli, which had been my first choice. The upper part was golden and the lower part was light blue and adorned with some beautiful ornaments. It also highlighted my skinny figure and I also seemed taller wearing this piece of clothes. I could not believe my eyes. For the first time in my life I felt really pretty. My long dark brown hair was straight and my face was in a oval shape. My dark brown eyes were shining and I was really taken aback at my beauty which became noticable just now.

„Okay, sis. Stop checking yourself out!", scolded my elder brother teasingly who just came into the shop. He was busy before and I knew that he would arrive later as he has told us in the morning. I blushed at his comment and he just laughed with my family who had stood beside Samarpreet. „Stop it, you are embarrassing me!"
I said with covering my face in order to hide my evident embarrassment. This made my family chuckling even more. I looked angrily at my brother Harvinder Max Singh who just continued to laughed. He was tall like all of us, except me. I was the smallest member of our family. „Aww, Jassy. Stop pouting! I did not mean it that way!" he calmed me down.

Just now I saw how he was dressed, he wore a beautiful dark blue Shalwaar Khameez made for the male gender. He looked dashing as usual and made many girls swoon. However, he never took interest in them. He just concentrated on his studies at Harvard.

For Samarpreet's wedding, he had come back for a whole month in order to be able to engage in all the important festivities. He was a major in business and wanted to take over the businesses of my family, which was already in the talks as he was finishing this year. Afterwards he planned to join my father and complete his master's studies.

----------
the picture above shows how I envision their dresses to look like.. the first one is samarpreets, the second one is jassys and the last one shows what her brother wears
i hope you guys enjoy this story and thank you for reading and following me.

dont hesitate to share this story if you enjoy it <3 :*