Seven. Scarlett

Song for this chapter: Scared to be Lonely- Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa

Saturday morning goes by in a blur. The Fitzgerald party is tonight and after talking to Kare, I've been pampered at the salon. I stare at the girl in the mirror and hardly recognize her. When Philippe asked about my hair, I told him to chop it off. It's now a longer ombré lob and I love it.
"You look great." Cooper says.
"Even though it's lighter?" I ask.
"Yes. It suits you." He says approvingly.
"Thank you."
When we return home, there is a box on my bed.
"What's this?" I ask.
"Well I figured you needed something new." He shrugs. I open the box and see a beautiful light blue gown.
"It's beautiful. Thank you." I kiss his cheek.
We both get ready alone but I head downstairs to have him help me with my dress.
"Would you zip me?" I ask behind him.
He turns and stares at me. My hair is in waves to my shoulders. Makeup light and tastefully done. "I can't get it with a broken arm." I smile and turn.
"Yes of course. You look beautiful."
"You do, too." I say and smile as he turns me around.
"Shall we?" He says holding out his arm.
"We shall." I laugh as I grab his arm.

The night drags on as I sip more and more wine. Everyone wants to know where I have been and what's going on and I'm tired of having to smile at everyone when I just want to leave.
"Hey hot stuff. Wanna have fun?" Starla says next to me.
"Yes." I kiss Cooper on the cheek. "I'll be back, baby."
"Okay. Don't be too long." He says eying Starla.
We head to the roof laughing and all I want to do is mask the pain I feel in my heart from Luke.
After a few joints and a bottle of champagne, we return to the stuffy party.
"There's a new club opening. Wanna go?" She whispers. I look at Cooper and a small twinge of pain courses through me as I think about hurting him, but Starla was my plan to let loose, and that's what I intend to do."
"Let's go. Meet me outside. Go get us a cab."
I walk over to Cooper. "Baby, I'm not feeling well. Would you hate me if I retired for the evening?"
"Of course not. I'll be home soon." I lean up and kiss him softly on the lips. I'm not sure if it's for me or for show, but it feels nice.
I walk outside just as Starla hails a cab.
As we get in I realize I don't want to go in a gown so we go home to change. She wears a little black dress while I pick out a white crop top and black shorts.
"No bra?" She says eying me. "I love it!"
"Help me cut this stupid cast off!" I laugh as we grab some scissors and hack the ugly white plaster off my arm. My arm is sore but it's manageable.
We laugh all the way back to the taxi and head to the club.
We walk past the line and get right in. The music is loud and the bar is packed. Strobing colored lights illuminate over everyone.
We manage to get some drinks, slam them, and head to the dance floor.
For the first time in weeks, I feel nothing at all. No pain. No sadness. I'm satisfyingly numb.
We head back to the bar just as the bartenders hop up to dance. One of them pulls us up and Starla and I shake our asses right along with them. Starla grabs a water sprayer along with some of the bartenders and they spray me and the crowd.
"You look so hot!" She laughs and I soaked white shirt.
"You bitch!" I laugh. I take out my phone and send a couple snaps of Starla, the club, and myself before heading out to the dance floor again.
As the song changes, Starla's eyes get huge as she looks behind me. "Uh oh. Daddy is angry." I don't have time to react as strong arms wrap around my waist.
"I thought you weren't feeling well." He whispers harshly in my ear. I spin around and Cooper looks so angry that he has a vein popping out of his neck.
"I'm feeling much better now." I say and pull him closer. "Dance with me." I jet my bottom lip out and his face softens. "Don't make me beg."
"One song." He says as he presses me against him and moves to the beat. I turn around and put my arms around his neck. His hands trail over my stomach, my ribs. My heart is pounding in my chest as he moves against my ass. His hands go under my shirt and he spins me around quickly.
"Are you fucking kidding me! You're not wearing a bra?" He pulls me off the floor as I wave to Starla.
"Where's your cast?"
"I cut it off. It was driving me mad." I say dramatically and giggle.
He takes me outside and puts his jacket over my shoulders.
"Such a gentleman." I giggle.

As we get into the car, I get a text from Luke seeing if I'm okay. I reply 'just peachy' before turning my phone off and putting it in my purse. The ride to the apartment is quick and he carries me in. "I can walk!" I say as we get inside."
I turn towards him and there that vein is again.
"I can't believe you went out like this!" He says pointing to my outfit.
I walk away into the kitchen and drink an entire bottle of water. The dancing wore off my buzz, and by the looks of Cooper, I'm going to wish I still had one.

I walk back to my room as he follows after me.
"I'm talking to you!" He yells and grabs my good elbow.
"If you're pissed about the shirt, have it!" I yell back and throw my shirt at him. He takes in my naked chest before pushing me against the wall.
"This is it, right? Hit me Cooper!" I yell. "Hit me!" I push his chest as hard as I can, and he gently pushes me back against the wall.
"No." He says.
"Fucking hit me!" I push him again.

It happens so fast I don't have time to think; his lips crash against mine.

His kiss is hungry; primal. I wrap my arms around his neck as he lifts me against the wall. His hand braces my arms above my head gently, as he kisses my neck. My eyes close and my head tilts back as he sucks and nips at the sensitive skin below my collar bone.
"Stop." I breathe and he instantly stops and sets me down.
"I'm sorry, Scar. I-" I crash my lips against his again as my hands fumble with his pants. I'm having trouble with them so I rip his shirt at the buttons and push him towards my bed.
He reaches for my shorts and pulls them down in one swoop. I kick off my shoes and climb on the bed. I reach down to try my luck again at his pants, but he grabs my hands.
"Scarlett." He shakes his head but I lean forward and kiss the muscles rippling under his stomach.
"I need you." I say as I move further down his body. I stop abruptly and look into his eyes. "Do you not want me?"
"Of course I want you. I just don't want you to do something that you will regret."
"I've never regretted you." I say as I lie back on the bed. He looks me up and down before climbing on the bed with me.
"Are you sure?" His eyes search mine.
"Yes." I breath as he hovers over me. He bends down and kisses me slowly. I rock my hips into him waiting for him to take me.
After what feels like an eternity he finally gives me what I wanted.
I wrap my legs around him as he grabs my thigh and rocks into me. I grip his strong shoulders as he picks up the pace. My hips meet his thrusts and I already feel like I'm going to come. He slows down which makes me push harder against him.
"Oh Scarlett, I'm going to take this slow." He smiles.
I can't even respond as I moan. I wanted fast and furious, but him going slow, stroking me at this pace is even better. I meet his thrusts as he takes my nipple in between his teeth. He licks and sucks it, that alone makes me feel like I'm going to come. Every time I get close, he slows his thrusts down.
Our bodies are covered in sweat as hours seem to go by. The quick release I wanted is overpowered by the feeling of never wanting this to end.
I kiss him softly, biting his bottom lip to hear him groan. I suck and kiss on his shoulders trying to cover my own moans.
His hand moves down between us as he slowly strokes my clit. I'm so close and he must be, too. He speeds up his thrusts and kisses me with everything he has. I erupt into the most intense orgasm I have ever had. It seems to go on for at least a minute as his body jerks and he releases into me.

We lie there, out of breath, not moving, not talking, just holding each other's gaze as the clock ticks but the whole world seems to stop.
Finally he eases out of me and I wince at the loss of contact.
"Take a shower with me?" He asks. I nod and he carries me to the large shower where he washes me from head to toe, massaging all my tired muscles as he moves down my body. After I rinse off, I pull his mouth down to mine and I instantly feel his want for me. I sit him down on the bench and climb on top of him, easing myself down onto his length. He rocks my hips onto him over and over until I come hard screaming his name. He loses it and follows right after me.
"That kind of defeated the purpose of cleaning up." He says as he kisses me slowly.
"Mmmm. Are you complaining?" I tease as he stands us both up.
"Not at all."
After we finish cleaning up, he carries me to bed. He pulls out a t-shirt and panties and helps me get dressed.
"Good night, Scarlett." He says kissing me softly before heading for the door.
"Seriously?" I say and I sit up.
He turns towards me as confusion fills his eyes.
"You fuck me and leave?" I say and pout.
"I didn't want to overstep." He says shaking his head.
"Please stay with me, Cooper. Hold me."
And he does; all night.