Thirty. Scarlett

Song for this chapter: The Chainsmokers featuring Daya- Don't Let Me Down

They sleep quietly on each side of me. I take some time to "pull a Luke" and take in his beautiful face. Tomorrow Cooper and I leave for France and although it's only a week away from Luke, I feel sad. It's crazy, I know.
His green eyes flicker open and he smiles warmly at me. "Stalker."
"I'm just going to miss you, ass." I roll my eyes.
"One week. We got this." He kisses me. "And today you're mine." He bites his lower lip as my heart races.
"Okay." I manage to mumble and he smiles.
Cooper stirs next to me so I turn towards him.
"Hey sleepy." I smile.
"Hey gorgeous." He smiles. "How did you sleep?"
"Amazing." I say and blush.
"I have some stuff to do today. I can't believe I slept in so long." Cooper says standing up. "I guess I was comfortable." He smiles.
"It'll be really nice in the winter sleeping next to your bodies." I laugh.
"We will definitely keep you warm." Luke says.
"There he goes with the threesome ideas." Cooper teases.
"Fuck." Luke shakes his head.

After we are all up, Cooper asks Brady to grab us some breakfast. We eat together while Cooper texts feverishly on his phone.
"Sheesh turbo." I laugh. He smiles but there's something off with him. "You good?" I ask.
"Yes. Sorry, nothing I can't handle." He sits up quickly and kisses me. It's brief and I can't shake that he's not telling me something. I decide not to push, instead I look at Luke.
"So what's the plan for our day?" I ask.
"We are going to run some errands for things you might need, then we will hang out. At the apartment if that's okay." He winks.
"Okay." I smile.
We continue eating breakfast, but my brain keeps trying to figure out what's wrong with Cooper.

Luke and I hit Target together. Since Coop and I aren't going back to New York first, I wanted to grab some clothes, swim suits, and some other odds and ends. When I am getting some body wash, Luke throws some condoms in the basket.
"Really?" I say as I feel my cheeks flush.
"Well since you and Coop are going to try for a baby, I figure we can be safe until you're knocked up." He smiles and shrugs.
"Oh God. How romantic." I roll my eyes, but the thought of being pregnant makes me really happy. I think of Mandy briefly. "Would Mandy want to come to New York? We can buy her a place close by."
"I'll ask her. That's nice of you, but it's not necessary."
"I want your son close to you." I kiss him quickly.
"Okay." He grabs out his phone and I assume he texts Mandy.
Having her close kind of bums me out, but I'm trying to be the bigger person. Carter will need Luke and Mandy comes with Carter.
"She agreed." He smiles. "You're the best, ya know."
"Hardly." I smile. "I have completely complicated our lives." I say and he frowns.
"We suggested it."
"I should have been able to choose."
"Maybe you need us both." He shrugs and I know in this moment, as selfish as I feel, he is right. I nod as we make our way to checkout. 
When we arrive at the apartment, I don't even have time to react as Luke scoops me into his arms and carries me to the bedroom.
"Excited are we?" I giggle.
"You have no idea." He laughs as he pulls the shirt from his body. His muscles ripple under his skin and I know I'm blushing as I reach out to trace the tattoo on his chest.
"These are hot." I smile. He leans down and pulls my shirt over my head.
"Yours is hot." He says tracing the small cross tattoo on my ribs.
"How funny is it that we both have crosses?"
"It's like we were meant for each other." He breathes.
"For keeps." I say and his eyes search mine. He smiles before kissing me deeply.
"For keeps." He says.
When we finish undressing, Luke rolls a condom on.
"These kind of suck." He laughs.
"I'm sorry." I say.
"Don't be." He says before pulling me in his lap. He leans back as I straddle him. After I ease onto him, he moves my hips slowly. After a bit he rocks me faster; harder. I have to grab the headboard to steady myself. I feel myself getting close and he must know. "Oh no." He laughs. "I'm not done with you yet." He says and sets me on the bed next to him.
"Luke." I pout briefly before his lips reclaim mine. He breaks the kiss as he enters me and kisses down my chest. My hands run through his hair before pulling him back to my mouth. I move my hips wanting him to go faster.
"What do you want, Scarlett?" He whispers against my neck.
"Harder." I say and he smiles before stopping. Completely frustrated I frown. Then he thrusts into me hard and I dig my nails into his shoulders.
"Fuck." I breath. He does it again, and again, and again. Before I know it I come hard. I suck on his shoulder, hoping not to scream his name, and his body jerks as he fills the condom.
"That was good." I smile.
"Very." He smiles as he collapses next to me.
"I love you." I tell him.
"I love you, Scar." He says as he pulls me to him. "I'm going to miss you."
"I'm going to miss you more." I say.
"No way." He laughs. "You're all I think about. Even when I'm at work, I wonder what you're doing, if you think about me." He smiles. "I'm quite smitten."
"I wish you could just come with us tomorrow." I say.
"Me, too, but I need to pack our stuff, and I have dinner with my parents this weekend."
"How do they feel about you leaving?" I ask and worry they hate me.
"They are excited for me. I was pretty fucked up after  I got discharged. Now that I have something to look forward to, they are happy for me. Plus, I've been on my own since I was eighteen. They'll be okay."
"They don't hate me, do they?" I ask sadly.
"No. Not at all." He says kissing me.