Epilogue

Scarlett
Motherhood is wonderful.
I smile in the dark room as I rock Conor back to sleep. It's almost three in the morning. As tired as I am; motherhood is completely worth it.

I place my small baby in his bassinet but don't leave the room yet. I sit back down in the chair and run my fingers along the puckered scar from my C-section.
I remember it like it were yesterday and not two months ago. I remember passing out in the OR and waking up in recovery. I needed to see Conor. I needed to know he was okay. When I held him in my arms, my whole world felt complete; or almost complete. I frown as I recall Luke telling me he was okay with our sons. We didn't need anymore, but I know it's because he's terrified to lose me.
He's also terrified to hurt me. After I was cleared to have sex, he was much too hesitant. They both were.
Cooper was a little easier to convince I could do it again. While Luke ran to the office I put Conor down for a nap and got into the shower with Cooper.
"What are you doing?" He asked as I pushed him against the glass wall.
"Trying to make love to my husband." I teased.
"Scarlett..." He breathed as I kissed his chest slowly.
"Please." I whispered.
He took it easy on me but it was exactly what I needed.
Luke on the other hand...
Cooper took Conor over to see Kare and Brett. Luke was in the gym so I walked in wearing the red lace lingerie I wore the night before Kare and Brett's wedding.
"Scarlett." He frowned.
"Lucas." I smiled.
"We can't." He shook his head.
"We can." I smiled and kissed him softly.
"Babe, I don't want to hurt you." He said moving me back slightly.
Suddenly feeling insecure, I wrapped my arms around my chest. I bite the inside of my cheek and nodded before retreating from the room.
"Scar." He called after me.
I all but ran up to the bedroom and threw on some shorts and a shirt as fast as I could. I scrubbed the makeup off my face as I cried.
"Babe." He said from the doorway.
"What?" I frowned.
"It's just too soon." He said and pulled me into his arms.
"Or it's that you aren't attracted to me anymore."
"What?" He said pulling back and searching my face.
"I have stretch marks. A new gnarly scar. My stomach isn't back to normal." I sighed as I retreated to the bed where I covered up my body with the soft blanket.
"You think I'm not attracted to you?" He frowned.
"Maybe." I shrug as he walked slowly to the bed and pulled the blanket off of me.
"I'm so attracted to you. I can't stop thinking about fucking you."
"Then do it." I almost begged. He kisses up my legs and pulled my shirt up. He kisses over the scar and over the stretch marks on my hips.
"You're still the most beautiful woman in the world." He said.
"Oh." I breathed.
He gently pulled my shorts down and kissed slowly  until he reached my clit. He pushed my legs carefully apart before running his tongue along my slit.
"Luke." I breathed.
His tongue ran up and down me as he lapped up the wetness. When he sucked on my clit I lost it; crashing over the edge calling his name.
When I regained my composure, I moved to get on top of him but he kissed me and pushed me back down on the bed.
"Baby steps." He smiled.
"But you didn't get anything out of that." I frowned.
"I really did." He smiled.
"Babe." I pouted.
"Babe." He teased.
"I'll take it slow." I smiled.
"What if I can't control myself?" He asked seriously.
"You can." I stood from the bed and grabbed the sash from my robe. "Do you trust me?" I asked.
"Yes." He says.
I pulled his shirt over his head before I tied his hands to the bedpost.
"How's that feel?" I asked.
"Okay. Kind of weird." He smiled.
I kiss down his chest and tug his shorts off before straddling his lap.
I slowly eased down on him and we both sighed in relief.
"Don't move yet." He said as my eyes flicked up to his."I want to savor this for a moment."
"Okay." I breathed as I fought the urge to move.
After a couple minutes his hips moved and I began moving quicker against him. He tugged at the ties as I watched his eyes darken. I kissed him deeply as my hands pulled at his hair.
"Scarlett." He groaned and I knew he was close. I sucked hard on his bottom lip as he released inside me saying my name again.
"That wasn't so bad, was it?" I asked as he kissed the side of my neck.
"No." He shook his head. "It was amazing."
I untied the robe sash and he pulled me on his chest where we quietly held each other.