2

"All right, all right! Ladies let's get started," their couch said as the girls huddled around her, "Before you start the lap let me introduce to you our newest player."

From behind the coach emerged a nervous smiling girl. She was the most beautiful person Dinah had ever seen.

"Hi," the new girl said timidly as she gave a slight wave. The team smiled and waved in return, meanwhile Dinah was practically drooling over their brand new rugby player.

"Everyone, this is Y/Full/N. She goes to church with me. I've successfully cajoled her into quitting volleyball, to join our team. I have no doubt she'll be a great addition to the team but she's never played rugby before. So I expect all of you to help her get to know the game," the coach instructed.

"Of course coach," Dinah happily chimed in as she approached Y/N, Briannah following close behind. She stuck out her hand for the new girl to shake, "I'm Dinah, team captain. This is my co-captain Briannah. Nice meeting you."

Y/N smiled fondly at first but then kind of glared at Dinah's hand before she shook it disdainfully, "Y/N."

Dinah and Briannah exchanged puzzled looks before the coach told them to start running. Y/N immediately ran to the front, with Dinah quickly following her.

"So you play volleyball?" Dinah asked as she jogged beside her. "Not that it's any of your business but yes, and I had to quit because of her," she said glaring at the coach, "she said she'd tell my father of what she caught me doing if I didn't."

"Coach blackmailed you? My coach. The coach who hired someone just to yell at us because she was afraid she'd hurt our feelings if she did, that coach?"

"Yeah," Y/N said sassily as she proceeded to run the last half of the lap. "What'd you do?" Dinah asked catching up with the girl once again. Y/N rolled her eyes, "She caught me kissing her da- or I mean her son. She caught me kissing her son," she stuttered.

"You're afraid of your dad finding that out? What are you? 8?" Dinah said with a laugh.

"No one asked for your opinion, dyke," she spat as she ran faster to rid herself of Dinah Jane. But she didn't have to run faster to do that, that word was enough for her.

Dyke. She hated when people said that about her, it was such an ugly word, especially when it was used to spread hate. In jokes of close friends or herself it was bearable but by this stranger, who obviously didn't like her, that was unacceptable.

But what she didn't know was that it hurt Y/N just as much...

"Yo, what's wrong DJ? Why'd you stop" Briannah asked as she stopped where her best friend had stood still.

"Ladies, no stopping, no walking! Please try to keep up," the coach announced with a smile on her face.

The Girls began jogging again but that didn't stop Briannah from asking the question again, "Why'd you stop?"

"What do you know of the new girl?" Dinah asked answering a question with a question. "Y/N? She's in homeroom with my cousin. She's a Senior, like us. She's a rebel according to the gossip at school. At least as much of a rebel you can be when you're a preacher's daughter," Briannah answered.

Preacher's daughter...

"That makes so much sense," the Tongan forward mumbled.

"Why?"

"She called me a dyke," Dinah elaborated. "She did what?! Want me to put her in her place?" Her best friend offered as they finished the lap.

Dinah shook her head, "No. I'm not gonna lie I was upset at first. I mean I don't even know her. I didn't even know she went to our school! But she's a Faifeau's daughter. It makes sense. But it's a shame cause she's fine as hell. If ruck over her any time," she said as she bit her bottom lip watching Y/N stretch with the rest of the girls.

Briannah scoffed as she playfully hit Dinah, "You dirty dog. I thought you learned your lesson after the last girl you dated. We're a complicated gender, even to each other," she joked.

"But Bree! Look at her!" She said as she pretended to stretch, "Her eyes, those lips, that ass! Like how can anyone not want her?"

Briannah laughed to herself, "I'm telling you Dinah, stick with guys. They're much easier to please. They're like dogs: feed them, play with them every once in awhile, and give em some type of toy."

Dinah laughed with her, "You're right. You're always right my dear friend."

"And don't you forget it," she said with a smirk as they turned to face the coach who was ready to begin some drills.