42

"CROUCH!" The sir yelled to begin the scrum, "BIND!"

All the girls grabbed onto their opponents jersey, ready for what was next to come.

"SET!"

This was it. The game that meant everything to the seniors on the team. With only 2 minutes left it was anyone's game. Tied at 21 all, each team was determined to score the winning try. Both team were exhausted tho. On the Titans side, senior captains Brianna and Dinah were props, the trio Ally, Normani, and Lauren were playing scrumhalf, hooker, and center respectively. The next 2 places were held by Amber & Kelly the other 2 seniors on the team. Their opponents, the Blue Jays, we're fast but they were tiring out. So if the Titans were gonna win they had to think smart.

The Titans won the scrum. Their scrumhalf Ally effectively got the ball out to Amber who ran thru the and broke the defense. But ultimately Amber was brought down because aomeone hand held onto her ankles. Amber popped the ball to Dinah who ran for the try line and she was almost there until seemingly out of nowhere the biggest girl on the other team high tackled the Tongan prop. Her head hit the ground while the girl landed on top of her. While the ball rolled away the girl rolled off.

It had happened to her before it had never been a problem but this time... This time there was. Dinah stayed down as the ball rolled out of bounds, calling for a throw in.

Coach saw her clutching her head, the team saw her clutching her head, the audience saw her clutching her head, Y/N saw her clutching her head.

"Ref sub!" Y/N yelled as she ran over to Dinah before anyone else could and helped her up, "I knew you shouldn't have played."

"What? No I'm fine. Put me back in coa-" she started to say before she groaned in pain.

"Stop trying to tough it out. There's only a minute left anyway. Stay out," Y/N demanded.

The authority that came out of Y/N was enough to get Dinah to shut up (and D low key found it hot).

"Drink water and stay out of the sun ok," Y/N instructed as she put a jacket over Dinah's face.

"Who's going in for me?" Dinah said raising the jacket to look around.

"Don't know, don't care," she said pulling the jacket back down, "Sunlight is not good for a concussions. I should've never let you play knowing you still had one."

"You did what?!" Coach Susan said waking up to the two girls.

"I need a sub coach," The ref yelled over all the commotion.

"Yeah, yeah. One second," coach instructed.

The ref rolled his eyes.

"Dinah you told me you were cleared."

Dinah laughed nervously, "Coach give me a chance to explain."

"You lied to me. About something so serious! Dinah the brain is a muscle, when it gets hurt it needs time to recover!" She yelled at her star player, "And you! You knew she wasn't cleared and didn't tell me," she yelled at Y/N.

"The game continues with or without your sub in 30 seconds!" The ref yelled.

"Uggghhh," the coach groaned, "Y/N go in for Dinah."