13

The next day Y/N went back to Dinah's house with an apology on mind, because in hind sight she didn't choose the best of words to describe their situation.

When she rung the door bell, someone who one could only assume was Dinah's mother, answered the door.

"Hi Mrs. Hansen, is your daughter home?"

"One sec," the person said as they raced back inside.

Y/N stood outside for a few seconds, in anticipation to see Dinah, but was met with yet another mother aged woman.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, I asked Mrs. Hansen to see her daughter," Y/N explained.

"I'm Mrs. Hansen, which daughter are you here to see?"

Y/N smiled nervously, "How many do you have?"

"4."

"Wow, um, can I see Dinah?" Y/N asked hesitantly.

"She's not here right now. Out for her Saturday morning run with her cousin. But you're welcome to come in and wait. She should be back soon," Milika answered.

"Thank you," Y/N said as she entered the home.

"Here take a seat, Let's talk until Dinah gets back. I'm Milika, I gave birth to the stubborn girl you know as Dinah," Milika said as she sat down.

Y/N followed suit, "Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N."

"Ohhh! You're Y/N! Dinah's told us so much about you!"

Y/N quirked an eyebrow, "What has she told you."

Milika smirked, "Oh nothing, let's just say I ship it."

"Oh no. No, no, no. I'm not ga-" Y/N started to say with a slight chuckle before a door opening and closing interrupted her.

In came a sweaty sports bra, sweatpants clad Dinah. She had a large smile as a laugh escaped. She was not paying attention to the girl in her living room.

"Mom I out ran George's butt so bad! He didn't even finish his laps around the neighborhood!" She said as she headed to the bathroom for a towel to wipe away her sweat.

"Did you at least help him get back home?" Milika asked.

"Of course I did! I'm the good cousin between the tw-" she started as she made her way towards the living room, "What are you doing here," she asked finally noticing Y/N's presence.

"I came to apologize," she answered hesitantly.

"Awww trouble in paradise. I'll leave you two alone," Milika said as she got up.

"No! Ma'am, I'm not- whatever forget it," Y/N sighed.

Dinah rolled her eyes as she walked into the living room to face Y/N, "You should leave."

Y/N hadn't heard the older girl as she was staring mindlessly at her muscles that seemed to be glistening from the sweat and the sun light peeking through the windows.

"Y/N if you don't get your sexually confused ass out of my house."

"Wait what," she replied effectively being broken from her trance.

"Leave."

Y/N stood up quickly, "Dinah, wait, I just wanted to apologize for how everything went down. I didn't mean to make it seem like you were an object. It's just-"

"I know what it is. You're confused and I don't have time for a girl who's confused about whether or not she likes dick or pussy. Excuse my bluntness but you've really worked up my patience," she retorted.

Y/N plopped back down on the couch and ran her hand through her hair, "Dinah it's a lot more complicated than that."

"It's really not."

"Dinah please, hear me out."

"Leave."

"Listen to me!!!" Y/N said as she stood up once again and grabbed Dinah by her shoulders, "Please," she pleaded with a slight crack in her voice.

Dinah's aloofness instantly went away with the pain and vulnerability evident in the other girl's voice.

"I'll give you five minutes."

Y/N sighed out in relief, "You see, most everyone knows I'm a preacher's daughter. My family is, and always will be, super religious. I love my church, it's teaching, and every member in it; I really do, from the bottom of my heart. But what I feel would show the opposite," she said nervously.

"Go on."

"Sorry," Y/N said as she rubbed her neck nervously, "I've never really told anyone this, not even Karen, me and her just kinda happened when she came onto me."

"I don't have time to hear about your little rendezvous with coach's daughter. Please, just continue," Dinah said getting a little impatient.

Y/N sighed again, "I'm not confused Dinah. I know what I like. I know what I want. But I can't have it, because it's spiritually wrong, not to mention the beating I'd get. Everyone I grew up with in church would shun me. I consider most of them family with how long I've known them. Disappointing them is the last thing I want. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I like you, a girl, a lot more than I should. I want you. The last time I even remotely felt this way about someone was with Karen. But what I feel towards you is 100x stronger than what I felt for her, and I don't know why. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself and I don't know why I'm like this. I do know I feel bad about it, but I don't want to feel bad about it. I feel like I'm betraying my faith and everyone apart of it, but I also feel like I'm betraying who I am. And I don't know which one's worse, all I know is that when I'm with you there's a flood of emotion. You make me feel some type of way that I don't fully understand. And if I let those feelings grow, I don't know what I'll do. If I ever do date a girl it'd be in secret, but I can't put someone I might love in that situation. It's not fair to them or to me. Anyone I choose to care about should be flaunted, and I can't do that with a girl. I can't give them the love and attention they would deserve. But you Dinah I can't just cut you out of my life like I've done to other's. I want to, but I can't, not only are you my only hope of getting outta this place when college starts up but you're also too special to let go. Before you say anything, just know I desperately need you to train me, I need to get away from here when high school is over," she explained.

Dinah was silent, trying to figure out how to take in all of that information.

Y/N sighed as she stood up and ran a hand through her hair, "I know you need time to process all I've told. But please think long and hard. A scholarship is a one way ticket out of this place. Again, I'm sorry..."

She placed a hesitant kiss on Dinah's cheek before heading out of the house and to her car.