35

The two rugby captains sat on the bleachers tying their cleats. Briannah noticed that Dinah was being rather lethargic.

"What's up Dee?"

Dinah sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "I can't do it today Bree."

"What? You're always up for rugby," she argued.

"I just can't right now, tell coach I'm not feeling well," Dinah said as she started walking home.

Bree huffed as she heard someone approach her from behind.

"Where's she going?"

Bree sighed, "Coach I think Y/N's confusing her."

Coach rubbed her temples, "What'd she do this time?"

"I don't even know anymore. Dinah doesn't talk to me as often. All I know is that she went to talk to her this morning and Dinah came back not like herself. Y/N really messed her up coach."

"I should've never brought her on the team. In the beginning she was a great asset, but in a matter of weeks she's managed to mess everything up," the coach sighed out.

"Tho I do agree with you, I think there's a lot more going on with Y/N than she's ready for," Bree said as she faced her coach, "Do you know coach?"

Coach Susan looked at her quizzically, "Do you?"

Bree nodded hesitantly, "I don't like her so much but I think she needs help. She shouldn't have to hide who she is."

Coach sighed, "Yeah I know. But I can't help her unless she wants it."

"There comes a time when we just have to help her tho coach. Did you know Y/N was been absent for nearly 2 weeks before she returned today. I think something's wrong at home," Bree said expressing concern.

The coach thought about it for a second, "She seemed perfectly fine at church. I mean she was a little quieter and wore a huge hat and left right after the sermon but she's done that a few times before."

Bree sighed, "Maybe we should just cancel practice today coach."

"Cancel practice?! We haven't cancelled practice since-"

"Since Camila left. Exactly, that's when Dinah was at her lowest and the whole team suffered. When Dinah's down we all are just out of it. This practice will do nothing for us if Dinah's not here," she explained.

Coach ran a hand through her hair as she sighed, "You're right. You tell the team. I'm gonna go talk to Dinah and Y/N. Try to get them together maybe."

Briannah just watched as coach walked away, looking more stressed than ever. The remaining captain whipped out her phone and texted the group chat.