30

"So how was the date?" Her dad asked from his usual seat on the lounger.

Y/N took in a sharp breath, hearing her father's voice after tonight made her think about Tyler and everything she promised him and how she never kept her promises.

"Fine," she said nonchalantly.

Her dad quirked an eyebrow, "That's it?"

"Yep. I'm gonna go to bed now."

"No, wait. Y/N, sweetheart, I can tell something's up. What's wrong?" He asked as he turned off the TV.

"It's nothing dad, I'm fine."

"Y/Full/N, young lady you are not going to your room. You will stay down here until I know what's wrong."

She rolled her eyes and plopped herself down on a chair. With her crossed arms she shut her eyes and refused to look at her dad.

"Sweetheart, did that boy do something to you?" Her dad said as he knelt down in front of her.

Tears were somehow escaping her tightly shut eyes.

"Baby girl tell me what's wrong," he said as he started to wipe the tears away, "I can help."

"I don't want your help, I want Ty."

That name, hearing that name again made her father stop what he was doing.

"What did you say?"

"I want to see Tyler..."

He stood up rather abruptly, "Never. And I mean NEVER! Speak his name again!"

She stood up to face him, "How could you do that?! He was family! He was like a son to you and you hurt him & kicked him out! How could you?!"

"Why bring him up now after 5 years?! You were supposed to forget about him because you'll never see him again!" He emphasized, "You better not be one yourself little girl. This family doesn't need two disappointments," he snarked.

"Even if I was, it shouldn't bother you. I am your daughter and if I had a girlfriend you should love her and me because we're still human beings."

Immediately after her last words she felt a sharp sting on her cheek.

"If you're turning into one of them Y/N I swear to God-" he started.

"Save it," she said pulling herself together, "I'm not gay," she lied for her own sake, "But I'm way to angry right now to stay in the same house as you."

With that she walked towards the door and attempted to grab her keys, but not before her dad snatched then right out of her hand.

"Disobedient kids don't get cars," he threatened, "Now go to your room and I might reconsider your car."

She scoffed, "Whatever. Bye dad."