27

"Hi," Nela said as he approached Y/N at her locker.

She peered around her opened locker at the school's star football player.

"Hi," she stated plainly.

He rubbed his neck nervously, "So listen, about yesterday. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to accuse you of anything. It just seems that Dinah's name pops up everywhere. I just- You're a really interesting girl, and I really want to get to know you."

Y/N smirked, "I mean who doesn't?"

He laughed, "Yeah, You're right. Um- do you think we can redo that date?"

Y/N pretended to think about it, "Yeah, I think I can manage," she said as she closed her locker, "So what'd you do last night after I left," she said as she started walking to class.

"I went home and worked out. You?" He asked as he followed her.

"I went to see Dinah," she said nonchalantly.

"You what?!"

"I needed answers, to questions, that weren't coming from you. And before you go and throw a little tantrum. know Dinah is my friend. I'm not gonna stop hanging out with her. And believe it or not she's the reason whatever we are is still a thing. She's made it known that you too are an interesting person Nela. I want to know as much about you as you want to know about muah," she teased as she stopped in front of a classroom.

"You want me to accept the fact that your questioning my ex about me constantly?"

"I never said that. How I get more info on you is still unknown to me. But Dinah does not like talking about you. But I'm still going to hang out with her. I'm gonna go see her games, maybe sit in on a few practices," she confessed, "Some girls ditch their friends when they go off and find someone. I'm not that kind of girl. So you're going to have to learn to deal with it. Understood?"

He crossed his arm and looked her up and down, biting his lip in the process.

Y/N crinkled her face in disgust, she knew what he was thinking. But what choice did she have? Dating the high school football captain was the easiest way to make it seem like she was straight.

"Alright, I can deal with that. As long as you can deal with getting your ass smoked tonight when I take you out tonight to go one on one in the batting cages."

"Is that your way of asking me out?" She snickered.

He shrugged and nodded amused.

Y/N laughed, "Not much woo with you is there," she joked, "Fine. Tonight. The batting cages. I'll be ready at 6."

"Cool, I'll be there to pick you up at 6 then," he said as he licked his lips.

Y/N threw up a little in her mouth. His face, his tongue, his whole demeanor was disgusting. What made matters worse is that he did something to Dinah and she didn't know what. But she'd find out eventually.

"Ok, see you then," she said as she entered her classroom.