26

Y/N sat atop a sandy hill watching the lingering night swimmers continue to do their thing. She waited in the cool night air burying her feet in the sand. She had been waiting for over an hour for Dinah to show up.

She knew it was a long shot for her to come, especially after he their argument on the field. But all Y/N wanted to do was ask some questions. Questions that she wasn't sure Nela would answer truthfully. There was something about him that was off.

A cough pulled Y/N out of her thoughts. She turned around to see Dinah wrapped in a shawl. Her hair flowing behind her because of the wind.

Y/N smiled, "Hey."

"Hey," Dinah said as she pulled her shawl tighter around her, "What'd you want to talk about?" She asked taking a seat next to Y/N.

"I just had a few questions."

"What happened to your date with Nela?"

"We got in a little argument," Y/N confessed as she avoided Dinah's eyes.

"Really? After the first date? That's a record breaker for him," Dinah chuckled, "So what? You finally come to your senses and decided to listen to me about him."

"No, I'll probably try to work this out with him tomorrow. I just needed to get your side of things."

"My side of things?" Dinah scoffed, "I knew he'd try to turn you against me, but I didn't think he'd succeed."

"Dinah look. I just-"

"No! I don't even know why I came here," she protested as she attempted to leave.

"No wait!" Y/N said as she placed her hand on Dinah's thigh, "Please. I just want to know."

Dinah sighed and sat back down, "What do you want to know?"be she asked as she rubbed her temples because a headache started.

"Why do you only come to Laguna beach with Briannah?"

"I trust her," she answered.

"Do you ever come here alone?

"Not anymore," she said as she pulled her knees towards her chest.

"Why?"

Dinah sighed, "This is where everything changed..."

"What do you mean?"

A single tear rolled down her cheek, "It's nothing."

"It's gotta be something. You're crying," Y/N said concerned.

"It's nothing I want to talk about. It just ruins everything. I won't let it ruin another relationship," she said as the pain in her head further intensified.

"Dinah, please, just tell me. I need to know," Y/N said as she slipped her hand into Dinah's and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

The Polynesian turned towards the younger girl, the pain having gone down a little, "I want to, but I can't. I wish I could but I can't lose you too. I don't know why but I can't. It feels like I've already lost you anyway..."

"Now you're scaring me, Dinah come on, just tell me."

Y/N searched her eyes and things fear and loss, but also a glimmer of want or longing. Her eyes momentarily fluttered down, starting at the older girl's lips. They both leaned in to connect their lips in a slow sunset driven kiss.

For a short moment, nothing else mattered. Y/N's questions went away, as all as Dinah's headache.

As they separated Dinah smiled but she quickly took a look at her surroundings and started breathing heavily. Her eyes shifted around nervously.

"I-I-I've gotta go," she said as she hurriedly got up from her spot, the pain in her head making a comeback.

"Dinah wait!" Y/N urged as she tried to catch Dinah.

But she was too slow, Dinah had made it to her car and drove off.

Y/N was left alone at Laguna beach to forever wonder & remain clueless on many unanswered questions.

A/N: Why are you reading this? Get off wattpad and wish my baby girl the best fucking birthday she's ever had!!! Guys she's 20 now, and I'm crying. 5H is teen free!😭😭😭😭😭 #HappyBirthdayDinah