21

"So you really cut her off from the goods?" Briannah questioned.

"Yeah," Dinah answered as she put in some sweats.

"Are you ok?" Her best friend asked cautiously.

"We weren't together. I'm not in some post breakup funk it's that's what you're worried about," Dinah snapped.

"You know I'm worried about a lot more than a funk."

"No Briannah! Jesus it was one time!"

"One time too much!" She retaliated, "I just don't want a repeat."

"There will never be a repeat. I won't allow what happened to me, to happen again," she said quietly as she reminisced.

"What are you talking about? You've had more break ups since Nela."

"I didn't try to kill myself because of a break up!" Dinah yelled.

"You keep saying that but there's literally no other explanation," Briannah defended her position.

"I-" she started as the door bell rang, "Never mind. Can you get the door?"

Briannah looked at her skeptically as she nodded her head.

"And remember not to talk about what was going on with me and Y/N when Mani arrives," Dinah added.

"Yeah whatever," she said as she walked to the door and greeted Mani, "Hey Mani, ready for Dinah's morning death run?"

Normani smirked, "No better time than the present. Annnddd everyday after that."

"Did you see Y/N by chance, on your way here?" Dinah asked as she entered the room ready to go, "she's gonna be late."

"Not that I can remember. Streets were pretty empty this morning," Normani recalled.

Dinah sighed, "We'll wait five more minutes. She's not here by then we'll start running."

Five minutes later, Y/N was a no show. The girls started running the miles, Dinah still kinda hoping to see Y/N's car pull up. But as they finished their laps around the neighborhood she never showed.

Normani and Briannah left to go get ready for school, leaving Dinah to do the same.

When ready, she caught a ride with Bree to school. As they walked to homeroom they walked past Y/N.

"Hey, I'll see you in homeroom," Dinah said trying to go after Y/N.

"Dinah come on. Just let her be, come on," Bree whined.

She rolled her eyes, "I'll just be a minute or two. Go to homeroom, we'll meet you there."

"That's what I was afraid of," Bree said as she headed to homeroom.

"Aye Y/L/N, where were you this morning?" Dinah said as she jogged over to Y/N.

"Oh yeah, that. Listen Dinah I don't think I'll be coming over anymore. Or practice, in fact I was on my way over to tell Susan I'm quitting rugby," she explained.

"Wait what?" Dinah exclaimed, "Why are you quitting? Just because you can't kiss me anymore?!"

"Dinah keep it down!" Y/N said turning back and covering her mouth, "I don't need the whole school knowing!"

"So give me a real reason why you're quitting. You're so good already, and there's so much more potential to unlock. You can't quit!"

"Dinah," she sighed out, "I only joined so I can get a scholarship and move far away from my father. But you helped me realize I'll never get away from him. So there's no point in me continuing to play," Y/N explained.

"But you had fun didn't you? You can still play a game that's fun for you right?" Dinah said with a slight crack in her voice.

"Honestly not really. I liked spending time with you, which made rugby fun. I really liked one upping Camila, but for the most I was mad. Mad I couldn't be with you the way I want to, mad I couldn't get the rugby moves down, mad about what Camila did to you, mad about what she was doing to me. I was always more mad than having fun. There's just no point in playing anymore," Y/N explained.

"Then stay for me," Dinah pouted, "I'm not ready to see your annoying self leave."

Y/N chuckled as she gave Dinah a kiss on the cheek, "Goodbye Dinah."

The older girl bit her lip and furrowed her brows, "If you're giving me a goodbye kiss at least make it a good one."

Y/N gave a small, sad smile as she took Dinah's hand and lead her to the same secluded area where she first kissed the Tongan rugby star.

She connected their lips once again, but it wasn't as rough as their first time. This kiss was slower, more rhythmic, sensual, and full of a different emotion than the first time, longing.

As they separated, Dinah couldn't will herself to look at Y/N. She'd definitely start begging her to stay.

"I'll see you later Hansen," Y/N said as she gave her hand a comforting squeeze and walked away.

A/N: DWTS is shit, Mani should've won. No doubt about it. 3rd place doesn't make sense in the slightest!!!