12

"We need to talk," Dinah said as she jogged alongside Y/N at practice.

"No. We don't," Y/N replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Yes. We do," Dinah said sternly as she finished the lap and grabbed her hand.

Immediately Y/N shook off the interaction and looked around worriedly.

"Don't ever do that again," she warned as she moved on to stretches.

"Then talk to me!"

Y/N groaned, "Fine I'll give you a ride home after practice. We'll talk then, for now, just stay away from me."

...

After practice Dinah was talking to some girls on the team when she heard a car horn.

"If you want that ride Hansen you're gonna need to hurry up!" Y/N yelled from her car.

"Sorry guys. I'll talk to you later. See you Monday," she said with a wave as she jogged off towards the car.

As soon as she was secured Y/N sped off towards the first turn towards Dinah's house.

"What was that stunt you pulled in homeroom?"

Y/N held up a finger, indicating for Dinah to stop talking.

"What the hell? You said we could talk on the ride home," Dinah said as she pushed her finger aside.

Y/N rolled her eyes, "Would you just wait."

Dinah crossed her arms as she let out a sigh of annoyance. A few minutes following, Y/N pulled into the other girl's driveway and placed the car in park as she took her keys out of the ignition.

"Ok, what'd you want to talk about?"

"What'd I want to talk about? You know damn well what I want to talk about," Dinah said making a wtf face.

"I haven't the slightest clue."

Dinah rolled her eyes, "Why did you kiss me?"

"To shut you up."

"There are plenty of other ways to shut me up."

Y/N shrugged, "That's the way I wanted to shut you up. I mean you said I was dyke. Why not act like one?"

"Because you don't do that shit unless you really are gay!"

"I'm not gay!" Y/N screamed as she turned towards Dinah.

"Tell that to my lips! The lips you kissed!"

Dinah watched as Y/N glared at her, the younger girl's eyes getting glossy.

"I'm sorry," Y/N choked out, "I couldn't help myself."

"Hey, hey, hey. Why are you crying?" Dinah said as she wiped the tears away with the pad of her thumb. Y/N turned away from her touch.

"Please don't. I don't need any more reason to like you."

"Like me? You like me?" Dinah replied as she let her hand fall.

"Of course I like you. You're smart, sexy, beautiful, talented, kind, and captain of the rugby team. Even before I was in your classes, or your side of the school, everyone knew about Dinah Jane. You're the one everyone wanted to get with. When I first saw you I thought of how lucky I was to finally get meet the school's fabled it girl. But then I remembered Karen..."

"Who's Karen?" Dinah interrupted.

"The girl I was sorta... kinda with before all this rugby nonsense..." 6/N revealed.

"Wait Karen, as in Karen Doherty? Coach Susan's daughter?"

Y/N nodded slowly, causing Dinah to gasp.

"You got caught kissing her daughter, not her son. Y/N you realize you're telling me that you're g-"

"I'm not gay!" She said loudly, making Dinah shut up, "I'm just. I don't know yet. But I'm not gay. I can't be. My father would kill me."

"Then why kiss me? You already know I like you, but you don't want to have a relationship?"

"It's not that I don't want to. I can't, I just- The only reason I agreed to talk to you is so that I can clear this up. There's nothing going on between us. You're just a... a trial. Yeah, a trial. But I don't want you to stop being a friend. To stop helping me, because I need your help. You're the best rugby player out there and I need your help training me," she explained.

"I'm just a trial? Do I look like someone who can just be used whenever you want to? I'm not an object to be passed around!"

"No, no, no, no, no. That's not what I was saying! I-"

"I know what you meant, and I'm not sure I want to be affiliated with someone so ignorant," Dinah scoffed as she exited the car.

Y/N followed her out, "Wait, Dinah?" She said following her to her front door, "Please, I need your help. Coach said I could get a scholarship if I'm good enough. Like you. I could get away from here, but I need your help," she pleaded.

Dinah glared at the girl standing before her, "Fuck you."

And with that, she slammed the door, hopefully shutting Y/N out forever.