The One That Got Away-Cassian Andor

This was requested by @Dott321 since you told me write anything, i wrote this one and i hope you like it btw sorry if it's sad but i wanted to write this one for a long time.

********************************************

I couldn't imagine my life without Cassian Andor,the man who i loved since we were kids and the man who saved my life multiple of times. We would spend everyday with each other,doing everything together,the time came when we finished our studies and from kids we became teenagers. Those times will always be my favorites because we both got married,his parents and mine didnt agree on us marrying at a young age.

My parents used to tell me to leave him and that he isnt good enough for me.I wouldnt replace him for anything in the galaxy. We held a small wedding ceremony with our closest friends and family,a week passed when i found out i was carrying his child,we were both happy to become parents...eight months later i lost it...because of my miscarriage,we grew apart and decided to end our relationship.

He moved away one day without saying a word and i never saw him again until he arrived one day. I was doing my daily work when i heard a few voices from behind me and heard,K-25O,Cassian's droid..

"(Y/N?) It's been so long." The droid came and stood in front of me.

"It has been." I whispered and smiled up at him.it wasnt a real smile. 

The droid spoke up again,"We came back." he spoke.

"I can see that,K" I reply.

"It won't be long though,we're on a secret mission." He leanned down and whispered so no one else would listen.

"Well i do hope you make it back then." 

The droid walked past me and when i fixed my eyes up front i met with a familar brown pair of eyes,I stared at him for a second but quickly looked away and resumed doing my chores.my parents were right on me choosing Cassian as my partner..though i do think of him from time to time. Slowly i moved my head to the side and glanced back at him who was talking to someone else.

"Jyn! Get ready,we're leaving in ten minutes." He shouted.

He walked past me angrily so i just stayed quiet and someone tapped my shoulder, "Everything alright (Y/N)?" 

My best friend asked me,"Yes..i think i'm alright." I nodded and didnt fix my eyes on her till she grabbed my shoulders and made me look at her.

"You aren't alright,Cassian came back."

"I know. I just cant do this anymore i have to stay strong." I tell her,right when she was going to speak another voice spoke up.

"I see that you haven't changed a bit..still bossy and stubborn as ever..." I turned my back and faced Cassian. My friend walked away so we both could talk, "It's good to see you." He whispered meeting my green eyes.

I laughed and shook my head,smiling at him, "Don't say those things..we both know that you got away and decided to leave me.."

"You don't think i regret leaving-" He said before i interrupted.

"No! Cassian. You don't know how it felt like..you ran away and left me grieving over our child." I say as a tear fell.

"It was mine too!"

"Oh yeah? then why are you with that girl then. It looks like you got over it fast."

"I'm not with her." He glared "Look...If you're going to tell me something..then say it."  He said with his eyes focused on mines. I breathed in and said.

 "I wish i had never met you." 

Cassian looked away blinking a couple of times before walking towards me,"I've had this since i left..i'm sorry." He grabbed my hand and placed a small sheet of paper in my hand. He just walked away again,not looking at me as i watched him leave.

***************************

I finished cleaning up the place when my friend came running to where i was, "Beth? What is it?" I ask and face her. When she hugs me and quickly lets me go. I look at her still confused when she opens her mouth and says the words i never wanted to hear.

"Cassian is dead." She says.

"What?" I ask again. I blink a couple of times fighting back the tears.

"I am so sorry (Y/N)" She walks away crying. Beth considered Cassian like an older brother and they both helped each other out. I fall down to my knees and feel my heart ache and cry.

Cassian is gone now..forever..and the last thing i said to him was that i wish i never met him. I cry even more not caring if someone stops and stares at me. I open my eyes and feel the small paper inside my pocket,as quickly as i can i open it without tearing it and start reading the letter.

(Y/N),by the time you receive this letter from me,i'll be dead. I know i left without saying anything to you and i'm sorry. I wish i never treated you like that and know that i'd trade anything to be with you again..even if it's for day. I never should've left you,i want you to remember those precious times we spent together.  There wasnt a single day where i would remember you and your smile that always used to brighten my days. I want you to be happy,(Y/N) don't cry over me..i held this with me ever since i left and i'm giving it to you again. Please keep it safe and don't forget me...I'll always love you.

I started to cry even more and smiled when i stared at the item he held all those years.It was my wedding ring. The day before he left i threw it and he picked it up. I wish i would've told him that i loved him before he died..after all he was the one who got away...