3. Explanation

I was roughly lead to what seemed to be the living room, with several sofas, a coffee table, and a T.V. Seated around it were 3 more people. One had jet black hair styles up in a quiff, and had a tattoo sleeve on his right arm, he was on his phone, staring down at it in a very intent manner. The one sitting next to him had brown messy hair, and wore a striped shirt with red trousers and suspenders. He had a cheeky smile on his face when he saw me being dragged behind Harry into the room. The last also had brown hair, in a similar style to the last one, but this ones hair was tidier. He was the only one who gave me a friendly smile as I entered the room.

"Right guys," he spoke firmly, as all eyes turned to Harry, "I think its time we introduced ourselves, don't ya think?"

"Zayn." the one with the black hair mumbled unenthusiastically,

"I'm Liam." The one with the tidy brown hair said warmly,

"And I," the last one said, "Am Louis." He said proudly with a bow, making me chuckled lightly.

"Hey I'm-" I went to say before being cut off,

"Kate" they all said in unison.

Harry sat down on the couch to the left of the central one, and gestured for me to join him, though I had no intention of sitting with him. He impatiently tapped his foot against the floor, whilst I still remained where I was. I still don't really trust him after he seemed to make me do whatever he wanted on that night just by making me look him in the eye. Probably another one of his 'gifts'. He sighed, and gave up on making me sit with him and just sat back in his chair. I decided I trusted Niall the most at this point, and made my way over to the sofa which he was sitting on. But as I sat next him, I heard a low growl from behind me, turning around to see Harry clenching his fists, and saw him glaring directly at Niall.

"What's the problem?" I asked, utterly confused as to why he found the need to have to growl at Niall only because I sat with him.

"You should probably go over and sit with Harry, princess." Niall whispered, pointing over at Harry.

I looked at the ground and furrowed my eyebrows in thought. I decided that if I didn't want a fight to break out, I probably should listen to him. I reluctantly stood up and moved towards the sofa Harry was on, and as I did, I saw him look up and me and smile like a kid who had been given a ton of sweets. As I sat down he casually swung his arm around my shoulder, and turned to smile at me again, dimples in his cheeks showing. Ok, I'll admit, those dimples, pretty cute.

"Thank you," Harry said with a smirk,

"What?" Zayn asked, once again looking up from his phone for an answer,

"Kate said she thought my dimples were cute." Harry said proudly, whilst once again looking to me with that smirk that hardly ever leaves his face.

"Ok! Explain this right now Harry! How can you read my mind?!" I exclaimed, having had enough of Harry constantly showing off his 'gift'

"Well the first thing we should probably cover, is that we aren't human..." Harry said, the smirk fell from his face as he turned to me.

"How so?" I asked. They all looked perfectly human to me...

"We will look it Kate, but we mostly certainly aren't." Harry answered my thoughts instead of my actual question, running his tongue along his teeth,

"Kate" I heard a higher voice say, it was Louis,

"Yeah?"

"I'll show you how we're different..." He said with a smirk as he approached me.

He walked over to stand in front of me, before squatting down so he was just below eye height. Harry now brought his arm that was around my back, down so that he brought me closer to himself, almost in a protective manner.