43. Return

I felt Harry's hand grip mine tighter, as he suddnely whipped his head around, snarling like a dog when caught sight of what was behind us. I turned around too, to see exactly what had crept up behind us. There, with blood-stained clothes, bloody mouth and lips, and fangs protruding from his upper lip, was Niall.

"Harry?" I whispered, holding his arm tightly.

"Stand back." He spoke seriously, pushing me back gently.

I took a few steps back, and watched him as he squared up to Niall. He stood squarely, hissing aggressively at Niall who was doing the same.

Before I had noticed what was going on, Harry was on top of Niall, holding his arms down as he snapped and spat at him. He forced his wrist to Niall's mouth, wincing as he bit into it. I watched in amazement as his struggling slowly calmed down, and he began to drink more slowly.

"Niall?" I called from behind Harry.

"Huh?" He groaned tiredly.

"He's back." I breathed, smiling happily.

"Yeah he is." He huffed, "Would you mind getting him off me?"

I laughed as Harry stood up and held out a hand for Niall to take.

"What's our next move?" He smiled,

"Get the other boys back for a start."

---

We had managed to get the other boys back to normal pretty smoothly, that is, until we got to Liam.

We found him in the throne room, bloodied bodies of dogs and angels alike scattered across the marble floor now drowning in blood.

As we opened the door, the sickening snap of bones was heard along with an animalistic yelp. I caught sight of Liam by the throne, hunched over something. He revealed it to be a dog when he turned around, which he dropped with a thud as he saw us.

"Ready?" Zayn whispered, still wiping his mouth of the blood of his most recent kill.

"Ready." Louis answered, flexing his fingers in preparation.

Harry looked to me warningly, and I understood that he wanted me to stand well back. I assumed my position of meaning against the wall, the same way I had for the time that Harry had restored the other guys.

I looked on as the 4 vampires charged towards Liam, each knowing what they had to do. However, just before they got there, Liam jumped up into the air and dodged them landing behind them to catch them by surprise. In their confusion, Liam run up behind Louis snapping his neck with a hollow crunch.

I screamed in horror, covering my mouth with my hand in shock. Zayn shot towards him, aiming for his neck with his arms outstretched. But before he could get close enough, Liam jumped sideways, and grabbed Zayn's neck in the same deadly grip, ending him in the same way.

Niall must've heard me cries and ran over to me, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder before running out of the room. The grunts of pain and hissing could still be heard as he set me down.

He held on to my shoulders, looking into my eyes and 'shushing' me in an attempt to calm me down.

"Shush, shush, shush. Calm down." He cooed, "It's ok, they aren't dead."

"How are they not dead?!" I breathed, "I saw them die!"

"Remember, the only way to kill a vampire is a knife through the heart, they're fine."

I was still breathing rapidly and shallowly, trying to drown out the sounds of fighting from the room next door.

Suddenly, the door bursts open as Liam and Harry fell out, Harry pinning him to the floor. He struggled to keep him still, the muscles in his arms bulging out.

"Niall!" He shouted, "A little help here!"

"Right." He said, zooming over to his side and helping to hold down Liam's arms.

Harry held his wrist to Liam's mouth grunting as he bit into it.

I sighed, relieved as I looked on to see the colour coming back to his face and his muscles relaxing. He looked up, laughing as he saw Harry and Niall looming over him.

"What did I do this time?" He chuckled.

"You killed us." Zayn said, walking out of the throne room, rubbing their necks.

"Sorry lads." He laughed, "You can get off now."

They all started talking among themselves, laughing at what had happened.

"Hey! Guys?" I called them, making them turn around.

"Shouldn't we be going?" I asked, giggling.

"We should." Harry smiled, walking over to stand in front of me and crouching over. "Get on."

I laughed, jumping on his back and wrapping my legs around him. He smirked to me as he caught me, quickly turning to the boys and giving them the same look. They seemed to understand what he meant, since they smirked back and nodded.

"Is there something I'm missed here?" I laughed, nth the smile was quickly wiped from my fe upon seeing Harry's wicked expression.

"Hold on." He said, taking off and top speed through the halls.

All I could see was red and black blurs until I felt cold air hit my face, signalling that we had gone outside.

We're going home. We're finally going home.

~*~

This is more of a filler chapter, MUCH more happening next chapter. Like CLIMAX OF THE BOOK kind of stuff.

Thanks for your feedback guys, I now know that people would rather I carry this on, and so it shall be!